Old October 3, 2003, 17:19   #301
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 10:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
He is as Swedish as the Swedish Taliban in Gitmo. To me, he is a Serb. His family is from there and he grew up there. That gives him a personal motive to hate Anna Lindh for her support to NATO bombings. (Any typos in this post was caused by a chrash of my graphics card drivaer after I updated windows. My screen is totally messed up)
Old October 3, 2003, 17:27   #302
Bereta_Eder
Settler

It doesn't make sense to kill a Swedish person for that of all people.
American yes
British yes (check - 17 November)
German yes

but Swedish?

Nope.

Talking from that point of view, of course.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:28   #303
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 01:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
14 at least I think. Then it's up to the mercy of the government. I bet they won't be very mercyful in this case, as the guy killed one of THEM.
It depends on which party is in power 14 years from now.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:28   #304
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
American yes
British yes
German yes

but Swedish?

Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:29   #305
Bereta_Eder
Settler

edit!
Old October 3, 2003, 17:32   #306
Bereta_Eder
Settler

What I mean it's somewhat funny for Chemical Ollie to think there's a motive for killing her because of the NATO bombings.

Of course if he's crazy, any motive would do, but nope AFAIK Sweden hardly "exists" in the list of grunge of Serbia. Again, AFAIK.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:34   #307
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
American yes
British yes (check - 17 November)
German yes

but Swedish?

Nope.

Talking from that point of view, of course.
He did not meet Bill Clinton, Mad Albright or Tony Blair in a shopping mall. He met their Swedish supporter. So she had to be the scapegoat (in his eyes).
Old October 3, 2003, 17:38   #308
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Yep. Good point as well.

It's just that when the NATO was bombing Serbia we got a lot of their press here and their anger was primarily against NATO etc but more specifically against Germans (seen as nazi allies to croatians and because of the automatic recognision of croatian's independence by Germany which according to some precipitated the hostilities), British (for Blair's being, well, Blair) and Americans last.

That's the impression I have from that time.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:40   #309
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

It depends on which party is in power 14 years from now.
I doubt that a conservative politician would give him mercy. OK, his lawyer is a parliament member for the Christian Democrats (one if the two conservative parties), but the physical evidence is so clear that the lawyer's duty is rather to give him a fair trial than to make him walk free. Or perhaps help him get treatment in a bedlam instead of a prison.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:43   #310
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Has he given any reason for the murder?
Was it deliberate and planned?

Sorry I have missed some episodes on that story.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:43   #311
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Yep. Good point as well.

It's just that when the NATO was bombing Serbia we got a lot of their press here and their anger was primarily against NATO etc but more specifically against Germans (seen as nazi allies to croatians and because of the automatic recognision of croatian's independence by Germany which according to some precipitated the hostilities), British (for Blair's being, well, Blair) and Americans last.

That's the impression I have from that time.
I think he had the Swedish news as primary source, as he had moved back to Sweden at that time. And Swedish news gave the comments by the Swedish government as much air time as the comments by the politicians involved in the war.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:48   #312
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Has he given any reason for the murder?
Was it deliberate and planned?

Sorry I have missed some episodes on that sory.
He still denies any form of involvement, despite the solid physical evidence in form of his fingerprints and Lindh's blood on the knife, his hair and Lindh's blood on the baseball cap and his saliva on her eyeglasses.

But his former classmates (or some other former friend) has told the media that he hated Lindh because of her support to NATO.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:53   #313
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Hmmm, I see. Then it's indeed plausible as a "reason" for chasing her. That and his madness of course.
Old October 3, 2003, 18:09   #314
Oerdin
Deity

To my understanding Sweden, Austria, Ireland, & Finland remained completely neutral during the Kosovo war. They of course voiced their concerns for refugees and declared that religious warfare didn't belong in modern Europe but none of them took part. It wasn't until NATO had defeated the Serbs and the UN had passed a new resolution that the neutral powers agreed to send peace keeping forces.

I find it hard to believe that someone could blame a Swedish Minister for the War in Kosovo.
Old October 3, 2003, 18:14   #315
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Me too. I find it very strange. Unless the swedish minister ressembled that fat american woman (what was her name) counterpart in her speech then I doubt even one person in Serbia would hold a grudge against Sweden.

But if this person was in Sweden during that time and obviously was disturbed in his mind... then you don't really need a reason
Old October 3, 2003, 18:15   #316
Bereta_Eder
Settler

BTW NATO defeating Serbia sounds a bit corny. As for "religious wars" this is just for those who just want a simple explanation really. Although Serbs also did see it as such. Catholic west against orthodox east. Plenty of Greeks too and Russians and other people of that creed. But mainly their grudge was with Germany (former nazi ally to croatia and up for revenge as they saw it) IMHO. All this coupled with the oldfashioned antiamericanism (and a real repulsion for the UK) made for a nice psychosis to counter the other one. (Serbs with horns and red skin)

Last edited by Bereta_Eder; October 3, 2003 at 18:22.
Old October 3, 2003, 18:23   #317
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

I find it hard to believe that someone could blame a Swedish Minister for the War in Kosovo.
She clearly expressed her support for the bombings all over the Swedish media, even if she didn't send troops until after Serbia surrendered. I doubt her comments ever made American news. And Mad Albright was Lindh's tutor in the Global Female Foreign Minister (Conspiracy) Network. They even had the same looks. Mad Albright was the most active person pushing for the bombings of Serbia.
Old October 3, 2003, 18:27   #318
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
They even had the same looks.
Now that was cruel and unecessairy. Noone human ressembles that... thing!
Old October 3, 2003, 18:34   #319
Chemical Ollie
King

They did. Despite that, I supported them both.
Old October 3, 2003, 18:39   #320
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Yuck!
Old October 3, 2003, 18:43   #321
Bereta_Eder
Settler

However if Lindh was as vocal as Albright in the bombing of Serbia, as you say, then this could well be the reason. People don't take well when hearing arguments to bomb their countries. So they go and kill people. More easily if they have a screw loose. Forgive the oversimplification it's for argument's sake. The only thing that seems a bit amiss is that he would deny it and that he's done if after years have passed.