Old April 19, 2000, 19:08   #1
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 06:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
So many ideas-for how many scenarios?
OK. My scenario "Quest for Asia: Darius the Great version 2.2" will feature the events in Persia and Greece from 520-486 BC- or will it?
I came to notice that, since "quest" scenarios are so immensly popular, the struggle for the throne from 522-520 BC would make an excellent scenario. It would have the player begin in Syria. He will have to make his way into Persia (south-western Iran), meet his old friends there (represented by 6 units), go up all the way to Ecbatana (Hamadan), beat the usurping Gaumata and then crush all the revolts in the east and in Syria/Palestine/Egypt...
I did some heavy thinking to include that in the scenario, but I felt that this is somewhat unsuitable for the scenario's philosophy. So, should I put that into a scenario of it's own? It would be damn tough, perhaps tougher than Red Front, but very much in that idea. What do you think? I'm not saying I will immediately do it, there are several projects, namely WW1Africa, Franco-Prussian War and one or two others, but how would you like to play it?

------------------
Follow the masses!
30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
-Mao Tse-Tung
God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
much screwed that whole idea..
-Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
Old April 19, 2000, 19:43   #2
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
I don´t care about what´s popular. If you have any good ideas, try Your best to make good scenarios of it and let the players decide... It´s only a game!
Old April 19, 2000, 19:52   #3
WarVoid
King

Local Time: 05:56
It's not a game.
It's an art...
Sounds good to me SH.
I'm a good ol' fashioned conquer the world scenario writer. But this quest idea is getting to me. I might write one myself. About what. I have no idea...
Old April 20, 2000, 19:06   #4
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 00:56
A good idea for a quest based scenario would be Verdun or any other battle during WWI. Each month could represent 2 hours and each year a day. You would have to tactically seize different areas and it could be fun with sequenced artillery barrages. It would be massive though and probably in ToT to get the most realistic
Old April 20, 2000, 19:37   #5
WarVoid
King

Local Time: 05:56
I did something like this a long time ago when I first started writing scenarios. I based most of my campaigns off of the maps from the manual for The Ancient Art of War in The Skies. Great game. I still play it. Units represented single items. A rifleman was just one person not a platoon. Same for the armors, etc.