Old October 3, 2003, 00:39   #31
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 03:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
There is a law in modern Israel that forbids you to call Hitler-supporter, PLO-supporter, etc to an enemy in the Knesset
he's not in the knesset is he?
Old October 3, 2003, 16:03   #32
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:32
Not, you're rigth: he is not the knesset...
Old October 3, 2003, 17:16   #33
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 05:32
I will be! And when I am I'll send you all to the front to take pot shots at the heathen savages!

Old October 3, 2003, 17:22   #34
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
And when I am I'll send you all to the front to take pot shots at the heathen savages!
That's bright. Putting pacifists on the front lines.

Definitely going to improve morale.
Old October 3, 2003, 17:26   #35
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 04:32
censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:14.
Old October 3, 2003, 21:11   #36
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 08:32
Tis is all in good fun.

(I let my Irish Jew out for a bit)
Old October 3, 2003, 21:17   #37
Dr. Nick
Deity

Indeed.
Old October 4, 2003, 01:14   #38
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Edited as per new forum rules.

Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 8, 2003 at 00:38.
Old October 4, 2003, 01:43   #39
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

You would risk the security of Israel to prove a point?
I thought that was what you guys were doing?

Old October 4, 2003, 02:36   #40
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:15.
Old October 4, 2003, 12:31   #41
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 10:32
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
You sir, are no better than Hitler

can this stupid BS be left out of our forum , .........
Old October 4, 2003, 14:15   #42
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
As opposed to stupidity? Which seems to be the genre of this platform?
We do not believe that true security comes from a large army, but rather from peace. So, by trusting in God, we ensure the security of Israel, rather than discarding our hopes for quick solutions.

For if we invade the Arabs, should we not lose the support of our Western Allies? Let them attack us and let them be seen as the aggressors.

Conmcb:

All in good sport.
Old October 4, 2003, 14:23   #43
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

can this stupid BS be left out of our forum , .........
you forgot

hi ,

have a nice day

or do you no longer wish me a nice day?
Old October 4, 2003, 14:35   #44
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

We do not believe that true security comes from a large army, but rather from peace. So, by trusting in God, we ensure the security of Israel, rather than discarding our hopes for quick solutions.

For if we invade the Arabs, should we not lose the support of our Western Allies? Let them attack us and let them be seen as the aggressors.

Conmcb:

All in good sport.
Then again, a known Jewish ideal is that God helps those who help themselves. Here's a solution to your arguement: take the middle path and be centrists!
Old October 4, 2003, 15:51   #45
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:

The key to our security is to kill or exile every Arab in the Middle East.
Old October 4, 2003, 16:45   #46
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

you forgot

hi ,

have a nice day

or do you no longer wish me a nice day?
That was low.

In all seriousness, since it seems it is very conceivible it could offend people, I suggest we do not call each other Hitler.

However, feel free to continue to call people Nazi's, rightists, commies, and whatever.
Old October 4, 2003, 16:51   #47
H Tower

Hey, if El Awrence can agree it's all in good fun, I don't see why panag has to jump on my back about a comment I made about someone other than him.

If you want to see a low comment, check your thread where panag talks about having me assinated.
Old October 4, 2003, 17:20   #48
PinkyGen
Prince

If your response had been too say what you just said in that Hitler had nothing to do with him, fine. You are entitled to that, and while Panag can disagree, you weren't trying to be rude.

But instead you took the oppurtunity to make fun of Panag. That is what is troublesome, not the Hitler comment.

I only mentioned that perhaps Hitler should not be discussed because some people might take it personally. You may agree or not agree, with that, and that's fine. That was just a suggestion.
Old October 5, 2003, 06:10   #49
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

People, let's get back on line.
I think it's much more important for us to discuss party policy, since chances aren't that bad that we might get elected.

Things we must discuss are following:
-Party rethorics: I don't want to risk that every member of our party suddenly gets his own ideas
-Who is what in this party? (Number one candidate, secretary, etc)
-The paper. What about the paper? I want the paper!
Old October 5, 2003, 06:15   #50
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

HTower should be the president in charge since he started the party.

What do you want to do, Stefan? I've played some of your scenarios, but do you have any experience with Exodus?
Old October 5, 2003, 13:19   #51
Stefan Härtel
King

Of course I have some experience with Exodus (I never managed to win, but I know it quite well).
I think we should get some sort of red line in our party. A manifesto that explains following:
-General goals
-How we plan to achieve these goals
-Outward presentation. How will people recognize our party, and all that. Any ideas for party slogans?

I'd be ready to write that, but I need your input. In our party, everyone has say.
Old October 5, 2003, 14:33   #52
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

I don't know much about Exodus, but I'm not too bad with manifestos.

Here's what I think our party ought to work towards.

1. Eventually establish peaceful co-existence with the Arabs.

2. Establish Israeli security as a sovereign state.

3. Defend and repulse Arab attacks on Israel.

4. Rejection of Israel's expansion into Arab territories, Let the Palestinians have their land.

What we need to define is the homeland that we feel ought to belong to the Palestinians, and that which Israel needs to be a workable state.

I would support acquiring some Arab cities through bribery, but what do you think?

Party slogans just need to emphasise "Harmony" in some way.

Perhaps something along the lines of perpetuating genocide. As we have recieved, let us go beyond and show mercy?

Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 5, 2003 at 20:42.
Old October 5, 2003, 15:43   #53
H Tower

Well, as the One Israeli party decided to close their thread to outsiders, ours will now be closed to them. Let it be that no citizen of Israel outside of the Harmony Party who does not wish to join us will be forbidden to speak here unless otherwise invited.
Old October 5, 2003, 16:24   #54
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Panag, H Tower, I humbly ask you to stop the serious figth between you. You can "fight" one the other in the game (thas is, for instance, a fight between Pacifist and Violent), as long as you're in "role" mode, but let this not get real.

If the term Hitler, that was a punch in a "in role" fight between the characters (and not the true posters!) of H Tower and El-Awernce, offends anybody here, I think we can stop using it (as PinkyGen suggested).

Let's play the game, guys!
Old October 5, 2003, 16:33   #55
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Panag, H Tower, I humbly ask you to stop the serious figth between you. You can "fight" one the other in the game (thas is, for instance, a fight between Pacifist and Violent), as long as you're in "role" mode, but let this not get real.

If the term Hitler, that was a punch in a "in role" fight between the characters (and not the true posters!) of H Tower and El-Awernce, offends anybody here, I think we can stop using it (as PinkyGen suggested).

Let's play the game, guys!
1. I only used Hitler once, and I'm not planning on doing it again. I've been very polite to panag lately, he's the one that keeps bringing it up. He's the one who keeps talking about hiring someone to kill me (my in game persona)

2. Read the post directly above yours, this thread is closed to those who are not members of the Harmony party. I am responding to PinkyGen's closing of the One Israel party thread to outsiders, Harmony is simply following suit.

if you wish to debate a point of belief, please post here, in the political forum where discussion is welcome: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=98606
Old October 6, 2003, 02:45   #56
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Any commentary on my points as the Harmony party platform?
Old October 6, 2003, 11:06   #57
Stefan Härtel
King

I've written a manifesto based on Ben Kenobi's and my own ideas. Enjoy.

Quote:
THE MANIFESTO OF THE HARMONY PARTY OF ISRAEL (HPI)
_First draft_

1. The Harmony Party of Israel, referred to as HPI in this document, stands for peace and harmony to the people of Israel and their neighbours, regardless of religion, culture and political views.

2. The HPI is dedicated to establishing the state of Israel. It is determined to keep the sovereignity of Israel.

3. The HPI believes in democracy and all that it stands for. The HPI declares to preserve the ideals of democracy and all human rights.

4. The HPI believes in peaceful co-existance of all nations. It also believes in freedom of speech, religion and culture.

5. The HPI believes in the right of all people to decide for themselves where they want to live. In effect, the HPI believes in the right of people from all nations, religions and cultures to live in Israel.

6. In effect of the above-mentioned, the HPI rejects any expansionist policy of Israel. The HPI vows to oppose any policy of this sort by any government of Israel.

7. The HPI regards itself as an Israeli party. It will only act within the nation of Israel, unless actions in foreign countries are approved by all concerned people, including those of the foreign countries.

8. The HPI believes in the partition plan of the United Nations. As mentioned, it opposes all sorts of expansion policy by any Israeli government. It will, however, not tolerate foreign aggression. If the state of Israel is attacked by any other nation, the HPI is determined to defend the state of Israel by all means regarded as necessary. This includes military actions and military strikes on foreign soil. This does not include occupation of, or expansion into foreign territory. If military actions are undertaken on foreign territory, the concerning units are to be withdrawn immediately after the action has been executed.

9. The frontiers of the state of Israel are those defined by the United Nations. The HPI vows to oppose any change of these borders unless the change is approved by all those concerned.

10. The HPI believes in a written, democratic constitution guaranteeing equal democratic rights to all those who live in the state of Israel.

11. The HPI rejects all kinds of inhumane atrocities, such as torture, murder and genocide.

12. The HPI reserves the right to publish a newspaper pointing out the party's opinions to the broad mass of the people of Israel. All members of the HPI have the right to contribute to this newspaper.

13. The HPI headquarters are private property. Only members of the HPI may enter unless otherwise noted.

14. The members of the HPI may object to any of the points in the Manifesto of the HPI. Changes may be made if 2/3 of the party members approve them. The members of the HPI must obey the rules of the Manifesto.

15. Everybody is free to join the HPI provided they agree to §14.

This Manifesto has been signed by the founding members of the Harmony Party of Israel:
Game-wise this would mean:

No expansion. Israel is to be defended but no cities may be conquered. However, cities may be bribed according to §7 and §9.

If you have comments, please post them. Remember, this is the first draft. If you two agree to this manifesto, I'd like to ask H Tower to edit it into the first post and to add our (character) names to the bottom.

I'd also like to ask a mod to delete all posts not related to the party (discussion between non-party members etc) so we have a nice and orderly thread.
Old October 6, 2003, 11:22   #58
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored, I was trying to be nice to Stefan complimneting him on his manifesto. The I got slammed below. I guess being nice is against the rules as well. I just dont know what to do anymore except: censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:18.
Old October 6, 2003, 13:43   #59
H Tower

@conmcb25
Just two.

GET OUT
STAY OUT
Old October 6, 2003, 13:52   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:19.