Old September 10, 2003, 19:06   #1
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 02:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hive communique posted in the wrong forum
It appears that the Hive accidentally posted a message concerning cyvcon-pirate relations in the wrong forum. The thread remains but they have deleted the offending posts. Seeing this thread I requested a copy of the message in the interst of game fairness as we were the topic. I then received the following message

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Central Continuing Committee has notified your government the Pirate negotiations shall be taking place directly though me, the Chairman of the CCC. Comrade Kody, though officially in charge of the Commission of Foreign Relations, has other important matters to deal with. Furthermore the CCC has deemed our relations with Peace important enough that we shall be dealing with you directly.

As for the documents which you have requested, as a show of goodwill the ad-hoc committee report will be attacked in full.

Lastly, to move away form official duty for a second, I would personally like to reiterate the invitation of our Commission of Foreign Relations for a welcoming party. Let us leave the official matters at the door, and simply enjoy ourselves at the party; we can resume official diplomatic business via correspondence.

Sincerely,

Voltaire

Chairman of the Central Continuing Committee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier we made certain postulates regarding the relations between the CyCon and Pirates; based on observations form the early game Comrade Kody concluded that the growth in the powergraphs of the CyCon and Pirate factions could only have taken place if they had met another faction and had traded technology. This was a safe assumption to make given that the Pirates and CyCon were the only two factions experience heavy growth at that particular portion of the game. The postulate went as far as to say that the Pirates and CyCon may have pacted (a natural progression from treaty and trade).

Later our observers noted a decline in the number of communiqués between the CyCon and Pirates on the main forum. This led us to come to the postulate of either a) that this decline in communiqués resulted directly from the overall decline in participation in the ACDG, or b) that the relations between the two possibly pacted factions have declined. Though the latter may have not been as safe of an assumption to make as the former, our experts decided to go with it after analysis of the ideologies of the two factions in question, as well as some basic knowledge of the mentality of the players and teams.

In order to test this theory, as any good social scientists should, I spoke to Corellion and confronted him with this information (in a subtle way), he in turn transmitted this information to his faction. Drogue PMed me earlier stating that he thought that the Hive may have infiltrated his faction via illegal methods because of the information Corellion provided. I’ve explained the situation to Drogue. My plans succeeded, the CyCon have indeed confirmed that the above postulates may indeed be the truth, or if not they are close to the truth. Otherwise Drogue would have not contacted me confronting me about how I may have acquired the information.

This post serves two purposes, first of all we must now plan our future CyCon and Pirate relations based on the above two theories which have been confirmed to be true (or as close to it as we will get for now); and second of all to demonstrate what can be deduced from simple observation. Granted this time we were lucky, our theories proved to be true, next time we may not be so fortunate.

Chairman Voltaire
Report from the Central Continuing Committee Ad-hoc committee on Foreign Faction Observation to the People’s Congress of the Human Hive, Datalinks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also since I left this out of the last message, I would like to thank everyone in the Hive (particularly Comrade Kody) for their excellent work and observations of the other factions. It was via the observations of Hive members that I became interested in analyzing the possibly relations of the human factions and I proved to be good at it (I damn well better be, it’s my field of study).

Chairman Voltaire
Follow-up Memo to People’s Congress, Datalinks

Last edited by Flubber; September 10, 2003 at 19:12.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:08   #2
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

There is nothing suprising here . . . We have made similair conclusions regarding Hive-Drone relations.

The thing they did apparently do wrong was to contact a cyc before in-game contact.
Old September 10, 2003, 20:35   #3
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:33
I believe just half of this.

First there never was a high volume of so called communiques between the pirates and the cycon in the general forum to start with. Second we have met with other factions , it didn't have to be the Cycon.

As an aside I was rather surprised at the confident offer to exchange comm links ie I pondered how did they know / guess about our links with cycon. ( I think Maniac threat about Roze is in a similar vein, but at least it is in game and can be legitimately termed bluff).

Corellion's activity (and possibly Voltaires) and Drogues response are breaches of the rules.
Old September 11, 2003, 00:57   #4
Flubber
Deity

Well it seems they made a decent guess based on certain suppositions then stated enough of it as fact to get Drogue to react, confirming their thoughts.

Also Kody pointed me to act057 IIRC where drogue mentioned negotiating with Johndmuller in the Democracy game ( since you , hercules were away)
Old September 11, 2003, 11:20   #5
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:33
Quote:
Also Kody pointed me to act057 IIRC where drogue mentioned negotiating with Johndmuller in the Democracy game ( since you , hercules were away)
That's it. Good detective work by kody.