Old September 11, 2003, 01:23   #1
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thread TITLES give us away
hey folks

Among other things the Hive are doing is looking at our profiles. The titles of the last thread we posted in always appear even if it is a thread from our private forums. Our thread titles are descriptive so if they see ANYONE on our team last posted in " CYCON pact proposal " that tells them something.

Moving to non-descriptive thread titles is a pain in the Ass so I have started a thread entitled " Hive players are too nosy"-- I plan to post to it after any post in the private forum so thats what they will see
Old September 11, 2003, 01:53   #2
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

hmmmmm

I looked at my own profile after posting in our private forum-- it seems that the Hive guy either misinformed me or this feature was changed since my posts in the private form don't show as my last post in my profile
Old September 11, 2003, 10:44   #3
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:34
I tihnk it's ok, the last post listed of yours for me is in the main forum in the 'Questionable Methods' thread

edited: Checked mine too - this post didn't show
Old September 12, 2003, 14:44   #4
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

So again they were doing their psy-ops trick to get a reaction.

I don't know how legal that is... we'll have to ask googlie when he gets back.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old September 12, 2003, 22:51   #5
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:34
Quote:
psy-ops
In my view most of this is good legitimate fun and way beyond what I would have thought of myself.
But apart from the direct contact aspect, perfectly legit intelligence gathering and good at it.
Old September 13, 2003, 03:23   #6
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 01:34

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003 at 12:11.