Old September 24, 2003, 12:18   #31
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 03:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
According to the readme, the kill civilization command is used.
It also means we won't get immigrants until the British are killed, as they are all blocked off.
I must have been thinking of another Israel scenario then.

Quote:
Anyways, I wonder if the Arabs would even listen to our envoy. Not that it matters.
Old September 27, 2003, 18:00   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 10:36
Quote:
According to the readme, the kill civilization command is used.
It also means we won't get immigrants until the British are killed, as they are all blocked off.

Anyways, I wonder if the Arabs would even listen to our envoy. Not that it matters.

hi ,

two things , one try to play a bit around and look for some gap's , ......

two , bring serious blow to the arabs and you can get them to talk , ......

have a nice day
Old September 28, 2003, 09:01   #33
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 05:36
When do we start killin' towelheads, eh? I demand BLOOD!

Old September 28, 2003, 15:13   #34
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 08:36
Quote:
Originally posted by panag

two things , one try to play a bit around and look for some gap's , ......

two , bring serious blow to the arabs and you can get them to talk , ......

have a nice day
I don't believe there are going to be gaps, since the designer did not want refugees until after the British departed Palestine (using the kill civilization command) and the state of Israel was fully proclaimed.

As for negotiations, I assumed negotiations with the AI were not allowed, and looking at the events, I thought I saw this line.

@IF
NOSCHISM
defender=ANYBODY
@THEN
@ENDIF

@IF
NEGOTIATION
talker=ANYBODY
talkertype=HumanOrComputer
listener=ANYBODY
listenertype=HumanOrComputer
@THEN
@ENDIF

Does this mean we can or cannot talk to the AI?
If we cannot talk, then negotiation is obviously pointless, and our only hope is to lead our armies to glorious victory.

If we can talk, then I still say they hate us, and we should lead our armies to victory and land anyway. I would not be opposed to a few temporary cease-fires of convenience if it would give us a strategic advantage. (In the real war, I beleive there were at least two cease-fires, which the Israeli's used to re-arm and plan their next attack).
Old September 28, 2003, 15:15   #35
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
When do we start killin' towelheads, eh? I demand BLOOD!

Soon, hopefully soon.
Old September 28, 2003, 16:14   #36
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

I don't believe there are going to be gaps, since the designer did not want refugees until after the British departed Palestine (using the kill civilization command) and the state of Israel was fully proclaimed.

As for negotiations, I assumed negotiations with the AI were not allowed, and looking at the events, I thought I saw this line.

@IF
NOSCHISM
defender=ANYBODY
@THEN
@ENDIF

@IF
NEGOTIATION
talker=ANYBODY
talkertype=HumanOrComputer
listener=ANYBODY
listenertype=HumanOrComputer
@THEN
@ENDIF

Does this mean we can or cannot talk to the AI?
If we cannot talk, then negotiation is obviously pointless, and our only hope is to lead our armies to glorious victory.

If we can talk, then I still say they hate us, and we should lead our armies to victory and land anyway. I would not be opposed to a few temporary cease-fires of convenience if it would give us a strategic advantage. (In the real war, I beleive there were at least two cease-fires, which the Israeli's used to re-arm and plan their next attack).

hi ,

it depends , in some games they dont even listen , in others they do and sign a peacetreaty , sometimes only to be broken a few minutes later , ......

thats what makes this game so special

have a nice day
Old September 28, 2003, 17:36   #37
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Pinky is correct, no negotiations are allowed.
Old September 28, 2003, 19:49   #38
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
Thank you for answering that. However, it then leads to my question of how you can be head of a peace party when the Arabs won't negotiate?
Old September 28, 2003, 21:43   #39
Dr. Nick
Deity

You see? Peace is a morally debunked idea!
Old September 29, 2003, 15:14   #40
H Tower

Quote:

Thank you for answering that. However, it then leads to my question of how you can be head of a peace party when the Arabs won't negotiate?
if there's a will, there's a way
Old September 29, 2003, 16:05   #41
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Proverbs 16:32

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.
Old September 29, 2003, 17:28   #42
Dr. Nick
Deity

I have another proverb for you: The only good Arab is a dead Arab.

Old September 29, 2003, 17:58   #43
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
The only good Arab is a dead Arab.
What verse is that?
Old September 29, 2003, 18:18   #44
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:

if there's a will, there's a way
How about "walk softly and carry a big stick"

So you plan on "willing" the Arabs to the negotiating table? Please advise us of the feasibility of this peace plan?
Old September 29, 2003, 19:43   #45
H Tower

Quote:

How about "walk softly and carry a big stick"

So you plan on "willing" the Arabs to the negotiating table? Please advise us of the feasibility of this peace plan?
It's just as good as the RL peace plan
Old September 30, 2003, 17:56   #46
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

hi ,

are any of you familiar with the Israeli doctrine of " peace true power " , ........

btw , there are still some people today who dream of a great Israel from suez to past damascus and amman , to the turkish border , ......

maybe we can achieve that in the game , ......

have a nice day >panag holding the line before independence
Old September 30, 2003, 20:16   #47
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 00:36
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I will join this party. All the other parties need to realize that the only way to win independence is by forcing the Arabs to agree to it. And they do not seem willing to leave and give us the Middle East, which is rightfully ours.
Old September 30, 2003, 20:19   #48
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 04:36
Quote:
Originally posted by POTUS
I will join this party. All the other parties need to realize that the only way to win independence is by forcing the Arabs to agree to it. And they do not seem willing to leave and give us the Middle East, which is rightfully ours.
Yeah!

Welcome POTUS. It is a pleasure to have such a distinguished member of the US government join our glorius endevor!!!!
Old September 30, 2003, 20:20   #49
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by POTUS
They live here as well, what gives us the right to take what they have?
Old September 30, 2003, 20:25   #50
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:07.
Old September 30, 2003, 21:11   #51
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
They live here as well, what gives us the right to take what they have?
Since Moses led our people out of Egypt, the Arabs have been temporary tenants. Thus it was written in The Book. Thus it shall be done. If the Arabs had not strayed from the path they'd know easily enough that the One True God has designated it so.

Dirty pagans.
Old September 30, 2003, 22:07   #52
PinkyGen
Prince

Welcome POTUS. I appreciate your views on realizing the Arab instransigence, especially compared to the foolish views of others here. (not in the party of course).

Also, as a general announcement, we will be having some sort of party process to decide our ranks for the list come elections. I am debating in my mind if I should try to form some kind of party convention to decide this, choose the list based on my fiat as founder, or something in between. (I won't rule by fiat, as this party is already something different to what I thought it was going to be ).

Based on our numbers, I think our goal should be to get 2-3 seats out of a possible 5 member knesset. We should try to get 3, so we can form a government on our own.

I've also noticed a lot of heckling of the Harmony and Paper party. This I heartily approve of, since so far they are at the opposite end of the spectrum, and thus it would not be logical for us to coalition with them, unless the crisis is so dire we need a "national unity" government. Plus, there positions are in la la land.
However, keep in mind the Center Party is the logical party to coalition with if we do not get a majority, so you may wish to be more civil with them. Especially since if we get only 2 seats, they can always coalition with Harmony.

*thinks to self* Man, this is so much more complicated than Democrats versus Republicans. /*thinking to self*
Old September 30, 2003, 22:15   #53
Dr. Nick
Deity

To hell with democracy. We need to rule with an iron fist! Keep those damned hippies and civilians in line!

Hang on a sec... hippies don't exist yet. :uhoh:
Old September 30, 2003, 22:41   #54
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:08.
Old September 30, 2003, 22:47   #55
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Also, as a general announcement, we will be having some sort of party process to decide our ranks for the list come elections. I am debating in my mind if I should try to form some kind of party convention to decide this, choose the list based on my fiat as founder, or something in between. (I won't rule by fiat, as this party is already something different to what I thought it was going to be ).
Base it on fiat, if not lets just hold a popularity poll SOON! So we can get it decided BEFORE our opposition.

Quote:
Based on our numbers, I think our goal should be to get 2-3 seats out of a possible 5 member knesset. We should try to get 3, so we can form a government on our own.

I've also noticed a lot of heckling of the Harmony and Paper party. This I heartily approve of, since so far they are at the opposite end of the spectrum, and thus it would not be logical for us to coalition with them, unless the crisis is so dire we need a "national unity" government. Plus, there positions are in la la land.
However, keep in mind the Center Party is the logical party to coalition with if we do not get a majority, so you may wish to be more civil with them. Especially since if we get only 2 seats, they can always coalition with Harmony.

*thinks to self* Man, this is so much more complicated than Democrats versus Republicans. /*thinking to self*
Yes it is but as a Poly Sci major, I would expect you to handle this with ease

I agree we need to work with and come to terms with the Centrist Party. I will use my "connections" there and try to begin the process of the "smoke filled room" deals.
Old September 30, 2003, 22:48   #56
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

BTW Pinky, you are the head of our Party, El and I as the primary "party hacks" will keep you in line.......
Old September 30, 2003, 22:58   #57
PinkyGen
Prince

Fiat it shall be.

As for Polysci, must be the status of schools nowadays.

(Actually, I am interested to see how this works, since I have studied European government).
Old September 30, 2003, 22:59   #58
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
I've also noticed a lot of heckling of the Harmony and Paper party.
You call that heckling? That's nothing compared to what the REAL parliaments go through.

All this time, and we have not even heard of a call for resignations.

Quote:
Because we are god's chosen people of course!
Only because of the faith of Abraham. Are not the Muslims also descendents of Abraham through Ishmael?
Old September 30, 2003, 23:08   #59
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

You call that heckling? That's nothing compared to what the REAL parliaments go through.

All this time, and we have not even heard of a call for resignations.
Give us time. There is nothing to resign from yet.

edit: And with your party's platform, you'll be lucky enough just to get elected to anything to resign from anyway.

Last edited by PinkyGen; October 1, 2003 at 01:51.
Old October 1, 2003, 01:37   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

definately censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:10.