Old October 29, 2003, 14:59   #181
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 04:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I just want to remind everyone that if you are not a member of One Israel and/ or dont have permission to post here then please dont post. This is a party thread only and currently only One Israel members may post here and a few members of Center while we are in a coalition government with them.
Old October 29, 2003, 15:08   #182
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 10:36
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
I just want to remind everyone that if you are not a member of One Israel and/ or dont have permission to post here then please dont post. This is a party thread only and currently only One Israel members may post here and a few members of Center while we are in a coalition government with them.
hi ,

since no-one has posted for a week , are you talking about panag maybe , .......

have a nice day
Old October 29, 2003, 16:02   #183
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 05:36
Yes, he is talking about panag.
Old October 30, 2003, 09:31   #184
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Yes, he is talking about panag.
hi ,

one should know what the heck he is talking about before he talks , ......

but yeah , thats why some actions are called a witch hunt , ......

well fine , this party is nearly as death anyway

goodbye

have a nice day
Old December 27, 2003, 15:35   #185
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 08:36
Allright you warmonger's , it's time to begin preparing for the new elections. Here is the party list as it currently stands on the front page

PinkyGen
conmcb25
El Awrence
Arthedain
POTUS
asaz989
Pap1723
Darius871

Things we need to do.

1. Contact everyone on the party list to make sure they vote again. Specfically, I have not seen Asaz, Darius, or Pap around here much.

2. Re-arrange the party list for the election. Is everyone satisfied with their position on the list. Does anyone want to move up or down?

I must admit I am considering moving to 3rd or 4th on the list, since I might want to try out the army. But I shall do so only if someone else wants to try for the top dog spot, and if overall the party is better with me higher or lower on the list. I want to see reaction before I move myself on the list. I haven't made up my mind yet.

3. Organize a a party theme and party line on what we are going to run. We, along with Centre, have been running the country, and the voters are going to judge us on how we fufilled our pledges. Is the country more secure? Are we moving towards our objectives of seizing cities? Are things being run smoothly and effeciently?

Essentially, why should we be re-elected?

4. Is anyone still interested in running in a party newspaper, or are we all too busy with other demo-game tasks?

5. More issues?...
Old December 27, 2003, 19:00   #186
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

K, I'm like 4 on the list, but what does that do? The one on the top gets the highest position?

We've connected the territories in the north. I think the generals are doing good almost everywhere.

I know that I will maximise tax/science next turn in a way that EmuGod taught me (i.e more money and science without loosing production).
Old December 28, 2003, 02:00   #187
PinkyGen
Prince

Higher on the list means the better chance of getting into the knesset. Presumbly are knesset members get government jobs, considering they cannot be in the military.
Old December 28, 2003, 02:31   #188
PinkyGen
Prince

I've had a look at the Centre thread, and it looks like our coalition partners plan to run their campaign primarily against us. (albeit, it's hard to run against peacenik's who have not been in power).

Anyway, my idea on refuting points, though the harshness of the refutation can be considered.

Anyway, here are Yaro's ideas, and he's pretty much on target on what I consider our weaknesses our as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav, edited

1) To attract more citiziens to the game and to recover the lost citiziens. The goverment should write reports to be published in the Civ2 section!!!

2) To give a role to the Harmony Party... Maybe the Presidency of the nation as it's not very powerful and by doing so we'll put them also in the war effor - in a time where all hands are welcomed.

3) To lobby against any expansion into Syria and Egypt...

4) To get a compromise from the govt that all the Kibuzt are going to be defended.

5) To work out a system to improve the comunications between the ministers and the military.

6. In what aspect of the game are we different from One Israel party? I mean, One Israel is for a FULL WAR expansion, Harmony Party is for BRIBING and we are for something in the MIDDLE, but we haven't take any measures to control how we're expanding.
1. We need a way to get the citizens back into the game. I fear the problem is that people feal they cannot contribute if they do not have a post, that is wrong.
I'm going see if maybe some of the non-busy people would be interested in running a national paper, but need other ways to recruit, even if the recruits don't join our party.

2. They do need to do something, otherwise it is too boring. Perhaps the member of the knesset not in power can write in the paper? Any other suggestions?

3. Expansion into Syria and Egypt is quite silly at this point, when we don't have Jerusalem, the Golan, or the Negev well defended.

4. Not sure what he means? This seems "rightist" than our current position, which is to "try" to defend all those scattered outposts. (And so far, I think we can defend 95% of them).

5. A communication system is simple. Post in the respective threads about what you want!!!! Not everything should be bunched in the turn thread.

6. Not really point, besides mischaracterizing us as for full war. (I guess we are total war in that I don't think we should be building civillian projects). I think that's because the truth of the matter is that Centre Party is really very close in ideology to One Israel, just founded later. If it wasn't for the fact we only have three parties, I might actually suggest we merge with them.

Anyway, on to Emu's points. (isn't this fun).

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
I think this party stands for a policy of the defence of Israel with limited offense before the war. That is what the target list we are using (I proposed it) is showing. We limited the aggressive One Israel's ability to strike at any target they want and focus on their plan of one united state. I know as defence minister I have focused on lots of defensive spending and have limited offensive spending to a small number of cities.

Also, we can complain about some government action since this was a coalition government. I think one of our biggest assets is experience. Every member of our party has experience in all aspects of the scenario.
He forced us to focus? We had posted on page one of the thread our basic goals!!!
1. Link up the cities.
2. Try to capture Jerusalem.
The target list reflects these goals! I fail to see how it has restrained us?
As for his choice of units as Defense Minister, well, the soldiers know what to say like that. Aren't even Centre soldiers unhappy with the lack of troops? (Check Yaro and Azazel's front reports).

ALSO

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
I think our best for a political campaign would be to target the current mistakes of the government such as the failure of the economic minister to fully set up a taxing system to get as much money as possible. I think our target list idea of the last time was an effective way to moderate both sides of the expanstionist and defensive spending.
This makes me mad. The tax changes are being done as the turn is played, and the real money problem is that overseas revenue from turn events is not occuring. But what really ticks me off is that he dare insult other jobs when he goes AWOL for 3 weeks without explanation!!! (*ceases rant*)

Anyway, just some talking points, food for thought, whatever. Pay attention to the party threads, and perhaps we should organize a campaign structure soon. Isn't Conmcb25 our "party hack" and in charge of the publicity? The certain so and so is not present, though I did unfortunately mention his name; we need the axe job done.
Old December 28, 2003, 09:31   #189
Dr. Nick
Deity

What do you mean "lobby against expansion into Egypt and Syria"?!

L'audace! Toujours l'audace!

Old December 28, 2003, 16:47   #190
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 00:36
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Jerusalem will be ours by the time the Arab Legion dares enter our land, provided some peaceniks don't prevent us from getting troops.

ONE ISRAEL FOR THE DEFENSE OF ISRAEL
Old December 28, 2003, 18:27   #191
Arthedain
staff

Bah! We have both high tax-rate and science-rate. And after my next turn, it will be even better. I mean, how can we defend our country if we don't rushbuy alot in the beginning = high taxes to pay for it.

I don't think it'll be too smart to lower the tax-rates so that we can't buy troops to defend our country!
Old December 31, 2003, 09:00   #192
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Emu complaining about "some government actions" is hilarious.

The one and only time we had a knesset vote he didn't even bother to vote!

The hack is back (after a brief XMASS holiday) and hacking will start in earnest!
Old December 31, 2003, 15:12   #193
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

The hack is back (after a brief XMASS holiday) and hacking will start in earnest!
Hannukah Break , we are rightist Jews, remember!

Speaking of which, we need to change the smilies to proper ones, like
Old January 6, 2004, 13:11   #194
Arthedain
staff

I just wanted to tell you that I don't wanna be so high on the party list cause I wanna participate more in other demogames + PBEM's.. If you really need me to fill in a spot I will, and of course I will vote and check in here sometimes
Old January 6, 2004, 13:30   #195
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arthedain
I just wanted to tell you that I don't wanna be so high on the party list cause I wanna participate more in other demogames + PBEM's.. If you really need me to fill in a spot I will, and of course I will vote and check in here sometimes
Do you still want to be a Front Commander?
Old January 6, 2004, 16:24   #196
PinkyGen
Prince

I'll move you under POTUS, if that is what you wish. I hope you might still be interested in a front or some other position in our chosen land.
Old January 6, 2004, 17:25   #197
Arthedain
staff

I think I will be better off as a politican/minister rather than a front commander.
Old January 6, 2004, 17:30   #198
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

well do you want to be a minister then?

If so we cant move you TOO far down the list.
Old January 6, 2004, 20:31   #199
Arthedain
staff

I know I know, but I dunno if I can be so active.. but I mean, it's not more than a move per week so I guess I shouldn't be moved down then
Old January 7, 2004, 10:24   #200
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well we just need to know one way or the other.

We as a party of course would prefer to have mostly our party members as front commanders or ministers, BUT we will respect your wishes either way.

Just let us know one way or the other.

I dont see a huge influx of new active members so I cant see the game speeding up all that much right now.

And its a Demo game, its not suppossed to go fast, just slowly but surely move along
Old January 8, 2004, 18:35   #201
PinkyGen
Prince

I don't see any general or minister playing more than once a week, particulary at our current pace.
Old January 13, 2004, 23:06   #202
PinkyGen
Prince

It begins. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...85#post2634871

P.S. Steve, does your position as counter of votes mean you cannot still be the party hack and bad cop in what appears to be the debate thread?
Old January 13, 2004, 23:22   #203
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
It begins. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...85#post2634871

P.S. Steve, does your position as counter of votes mean you cannot still be the party hack and bad cop in what appears to be the debate thread?
I play two roles, one as party hack where I can be just a major nuisance, and President where I have the interest of the nation as a whole at heart. Yes its rather schitzoid but what the hell I enjoy be a multi peronality mad man.
Old January 31, 2004, 03:59   #204
PinkyGen
Prince

Fellow members of One Israel,

I congradulate and thank you all for your diligence. It appears that we have swept these elections. Assuming the President's numbers are not challenged, One Israel won 61% of the popular vote. (8/13) I believe that since their are only five knesset seats, our taking of 6/10th's of the vote should entitle us to three of these seats, meaning we shall be able to govern with no coalition members. I would say more on this point, except that my math skills are not what they used to be, I don't fully recollect Yaroslav's addition system in the basic laws (makes me wish he was around still), and have had a bit too much Manichevitz.

Nevertheless, it appears as though the government will be ours to run by ourself. This is a great privilige, and denotes great power. But as the comic books tell us, with great power comes great responsibility. We should move immediatly to fill up cabinet posts with responsible people's, and ensure the army's ranks are well maintained.

1. If anyone wants to change their position in the government or in the army, (as Chief of Staff, not as a front commander), let me know.

2. If anyone in our party without a post wishes to seek one, let me know.

3. If people do not desire positions that reflect our new found strength, it may become necessary to bring in members of Centre still as Cabinet Ministers. Since Stalin has done a decent job at Immigration Minister, I only want to replace him with a One Israel minister only if all other minister positions are filled!! In short, this means I want One Israel to directly control the econ, army, and defense ministires, before we move into immigration.

I am sure there is more I am forgetting, and there is much work to do. But we achieved our goal. and the next six months will be crucial in the fate of our nation and of our party!
Old January 31, 2004, 11:01   #205
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I can either be President or Defense wherever my Prime Minister wants me.

If I am the President then we (One Israel) NEED to pick a Defense Minister that will:

1. Play on a regular basis.

2. Work with the COS to ensure that the units and improvements being produced directly support the COS's Operational plans.

We could have done a lot more in the past 6 turns if Defense and the COS would have been in synch.

Thats just MHO.
Old January 31, 2004, 11:03   #206
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

By the way, I concur with Pinky's math. (And I did not have any Manishevitz last might )

I feel it should be 3,1,1 seats on the Knesset for:

One Israel, Center, Harmony.

BTW Yaro is around until thursday, he posted in the election thread today.

If you want him to check the results then send him a PM.
Old January 31, 2004, 13:06   #207
Arthedain
staff

I can still be the Economic Minister if you want me too.
I wish that me and the Defence Minister should have better contact than I and Emu had, so we can talk about what really needs to be rushbuyed AND WHY! We should also tell the front commanders to post in my thread what they would want to be rushbuyed since only thr defence minister has told me what he wanted the past few months..
Will my fellow party members (especially you Pinkygen, the leader) tell me what you think of my tax/science/luxury rates that I posted in the turn thread? I just feel that I could lower the science rate soon, because I feel that we need better units.
Old January 31, 2004, 15:53   #208
PinkyGen
Prince

I think we need to keep a semi-high science rate until we at least get Palmach units. Then we can decide to perhaps lower the science rate and focus on buying tanks and aircraft from abroad, rather than build them at home. But I think we should at least get to Palmach tech.
Old February 1, 2004, 16:45   #209
Arthedain
staff

Okay, that was my plan too hehe..
Old February 1, 2004, 17:14   #210
Dr. Nick
Deity

I thought we already had the Palmach tech...