Old September 16, 2003, 17:06   #91
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Congrats alexman!! The first 2nd generation Corruption Nazi.

And nope you're not too late, but if you don't get it in I think everyone will understand.
Old September 16, 2003, 17:09   #92
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:37
Now you will have good excuse for being up in the wee hours.
Congrats.

And yes we are waiting for you. I don't see any action on the choices before tomorrow anyway.
Old September 16, 2003, 17:13   #93
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Congrats alex!!

Now I know that every morning when I get up, I'll read some alexman before the NY Times.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 16, 2003, 17:50   #94
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 03:37
He's so cute!!

Congratz!
Old September 16, 2003, 17:53   #95
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:37
Congrats alexman, children are the most special things in the world.
Old September 16, 2003, 18:11   #96
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Congratulations. I had one myself for the first time about three months ago.

The good news is after about 7 weeks, they sit still long enough that you can hold them in your lap with one hand while you play Civ
Old September 16, 2003, 22:03   #97
BRC
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

What did the wife have to say about that?
Old September 16, 2003, 22:52   #98
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

alexman. Awesome! Congratulations to you and yours! And we at AU are glad to see you are raising your son with a proper education.

Congrats again and all the best!
Old September 17, 2003, 00:07   #99
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

As noted in the individual DAR threads it is time to start the decision process and voting for other teams has won the poll I posted the other day. Please refer to your DAR thread for which team to review and vote on the savegame for. The decision process will last until 23:59 EST on Thursday and I will post the winners in DAR threads for the next turn block.

Which raises two more points to discuss. First, I'd like to bring the turn block down to 30 turns this time, or perhaps even 20 if people prefer that. Second, I'd also like to cut the time to post your turn block from five days to four days, which would increase the critiquing and decision process from two days this week to three days next turn block. Thoughts?
Old September 17, 2003, 03:51   #100
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:37
alexman,

I'm sorry to say I'm deeply disappointed
I thought that your son would have Civ3 in his genetic code and therefore did not need any external hardware.
Or maybe you did not know of Civ3 9 months ago?

Now it's time to . Later on, back to work... on Civ3 of course.
Old September 17, 2003, 03:57   #101
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Arrian

Because that's what I asked for. But, considering Rothy's post above (re: being off balance), perhaps we could move me to the SS team? My opening play was decidedly "builderish", so I think I'd fit in ok.

-Arrian
If HE comes in, I'll get out. The purpose of the spaceship is a PEACEFUL trip and landing and settlements and ...

With HIM in our team, we would launch a whole invasion fleet to conquer this galaxy, and still call it 'civilization'.

It's out of question for me, the ultimate PP.

Defcon5, you just saved my day (and our team's souls).
Old September 17, 2003, 17:43   #102
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

Thanks for the great responses everyone!
I'm still LOL.
Old September 17, 2003, 17:44   #103
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

I added second posts to the Invitation threads in General and PTWDG...

It might be useful for other people to post their impressions of the games and process thus far (the good parts, people, the good parts!! ).
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old September 17, 2003, 20:56   #104
Theseus
Emperor

Does anyone have a problem (or think it would be a problem ) if I post an invitation to AUSG on CFC?

Old September 17, 2003, 21:39   #105
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Not if CFC doesn't.
Old September 17, 2003, 22:31   #106
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

I don't have a problem with it. Apolyton University is open to all.
Old September 18, 2003, 00:04   #107
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

BTW, I think I'd definitely like to institute my earlier thought of decreasing the time to do the turn block to four days and increasing the time to do the discussion/critique phase to three days. It's worth having the extra time for.
Old September 18, 2003, 09:21   #108
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Alexman, that picture is hilarious! The work of a true addict

Congrats!

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 18, 2003, 12:06   #109
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 10:37
shouldn't someone top this thread?
Old September 18, 2003, 18:14   #110
Tassadar500
Emperor

I would if I could but I don't have the powers
Old September 18, 2003, 19:17   #111
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Alexman that pic is hilarious!!!!!!

Sign of a true future civ junkie! (watch out, he might turn into a raging warmonger)

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 19, 2003, 00:21   #112
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

All right everyone the time has come to begin the next turn block. As I have stated earlier I am cutting the time down to four days to post your DARs so that we can increase the discussion period to three days. I have also cut the turn amount down to 30 turns for the second turn block. That means 1250bc is the time to save your game and post screenshots.

The first post in this thread has been updated with links to DARs, and the third post has been updated with the addition of Makahlua to the spaceship team. Welcome Makahlua, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask anyone.
Old September 19, 2003, 00:30   #113
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Further on this, I'd just like to give a big to all who have become involved in this little project. It's really great to see the level of participation and interest, as well as the level of learning in the DARs and discussion threads. It's a great thing!!!
Old September 19, 2003, 14:34   #114
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 03:37
can I still get in on this?

I want to play as part of the oppertunist team
Old September 19, 2003, 14:36   #115
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Welcome korn!
Old September 19, 2003, 14:36   #116
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I'm sure you can.

Round 2 is just beginning. Look for the Opportunist Team DAR 2 thread & download Dominae's save (Dom's start was chose, which didn't surprise me).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 19, 2003, 15:37   #117
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Team registry updated. Welcome to Apolyton University Korn469. Like Arrian said look in the opportunist DAR 2 thread for the savegame to start your turn block with. You can read the first few posts of this thread and any of hte DAR threads to get an idea of how it all works. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old September 19, 2003, 15:44   #118
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Okay I just added something else I meant to add last night but didn't have the time for (my ISP went down for a few hours and I had to travel to find another computer to post the new turn blocks ). In any case the team registry for each team is now located in the first post of each team DAR thread as well as the overall still located in the third post of this thread.
Old September 19, 2003, 19:04   #119
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
All right everyone the time has come to begin the next turn block. As I have stated earlier I am cutting the time down to four days to post your DARs...
So, is the due time 23:59EST Sept 21?
Old September 19, 2003, 19:12   #120
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Defcon5

So, is the due time 23:59EST Sept 21?
No, it's 23:59EST September 22nd. Essentially it gives everyone Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. ANd then we'll start discussions which were IMO excellent for the last round.