Old September 20, 2003, 01:14   #121
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
There is currently some discussion of adding a fourth team. Please take a look in the Domination DAR 2 thread New team discussion for details. If you have any comments or suggestions please weigh in on them here. Thanks.
Old September 20, 2003, 10:33   #122
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 04:37
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
To all who responded to my 'resistance' post thus far:

1) Thanks for not flaming me!

2) The idea in response is VERY reasonable; I will play the next block twice, from both MZ's save and from my own... we'll see where the game goes from there.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 20, 2003, 14:54   #123
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I won't repeat what I said already, but I am good with whatever is decided.
Old September 21, 2003, 19:29   #124
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:37
So are the team matchups going to remain the same for DAR2? (i.e. will the space team vote for the domination team) I think it might be nice to shuffle who votes on whom.
Old September 21, 2003, 20:30   #125
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Just to clarify here as well: I am sticking with MZ's save.

I wouldn;t mind switching around which teams we vote for... maybe even our own as well once in a while!!

If we are sticking with the same order... uh, my team-mates and I don;t have any games to vote for!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old September 21, 2003, 22:46   #126
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I support a shuffle myself

say,

Round 1:
Dom -> Opp
Space -> Dom
Opp -> Space

Round 2:
Dom -> Space
Space -> Opp
Opp -> Dom

Round 3:
Everyone votes for their own team.

Round 4:
same as round 1....

ad infinitum

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 22, 2003, 00:16   #127
Tassadar500
Emperor

MZ that's a good idea Unless Rhothaerill opposes that's what we will do.
Old September 22, 2003, 01:58   #128
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Sounds good to me. I will make sure to note this in the DAR threads tomorrow when the turn block posting stops. Actually, question about that, do we want to stop tomorrow or go until Tuesday like it was for the first turn block.
Old September 22, 2003, 02:17   #129
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:37
Wait and see how many have made the deadline a few hours beforehand and decide on an extension then
Old September 22, 2003, 02:32   #130
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Part of the problem is that I won't be around from about 4pm until about 10pm Pacific Time tomorrow to make any decisions regarding that.
Old September 22, 2003, 08:33   #131
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

I probably won't be able to dubmit before the deadline... I will try really hard, but I doubt I can make it... I support a deadline push, but any way is fine with me...

--Kon--
Old September 22, 2003, 09:30   #132
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:37
A few thoughts about Theseus new 'Dom-Team' and Dominae 'Cultural' team.
Next game, why not make directly 6 different teams?
Cultural, Domination 1, Domination 2, Space Ship, Opportunistic (a mix of the previous), and Diplomatic (a tricky one...).
Then we should play the following levels: Monarch-Emperor-(Deity)-Monarch-Emperor-(Deity)-... as to encourage as many players as possible to play them and try higher difficulties.

Last edited by Mountain Sage; September 22, 2003 at 09:45.
Old September 22, 2003, 11:25   #133
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Why so many teams? Other than Theseus' dissatisfaction with Master Zen's block, I'm not sure what creating more teams will address. We should only create more teams if we get more players.

As for my bid to make the Opportunistic team into Cultural, that has nothing to do with any problem I have with the game (obviously not, since my save was chosen...but anyway!). I think it will be interesting and will serve to give our team more direction.

Dominae
Old September 22, 2003, 11:38   #134
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

Is each team supposed to play to achieve their goal as fast as possible, or is it supposed to play to achieve Ultimate Power, with their defined goal achieved eventually?
Old September 22, 2003, 11:51   #135
Dominae
Emperor

As fast as possible, because then there's pressure and you learn better that way.

Dominae
Old September 22, 2003, 11:55   #136
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

That's what I thought. Just making sure.
Old September 22, 2003, 11:58   #137
Dominae
Emperor

Maybe when we get to play a Deity scenario UP will be a more lofty goal. But I'm quite sure that 90% of the players here have no trouble reaching UP on Monarch (and on this map).

Dominae
Old September 22, 2003, 12:25   #138
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I would love to have a Deity game of this nature. Perhaps we could put a regular deity winner on each team and see what the secret is even if we end up only playing their saves

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 22, 2003, 13:25   #139
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

I was thinking of the possibility of a monarch game, an emperor game, and a deity game for the next AUSG, but that would have a bit of logistics to work out such as what to shoot for in each game.

And I'll try to design a "slightly" more challenging scenario next time.
Old September 22, 2003, 15:41   #140
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

I think we should go ahead and extend the turn block due date back to Tuesday like it was for the first turn block. Hopefully that will give the people who haven't played their turn blocks yet the time to finish them up before we start on the discussion period.
Old September 22, 2003, 15:46   #141
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Your call.
Old September 22, 2003, 15:50   #142
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Well, I'd like for everyone to have the opportunity to play it and apparently a lot of people have had busy weekends (which I understand since I had one too ). If we stopped it tonight there wouldn't even be any discussion in the opportunist team since only one member has submitted his turn block so far. So yeah, I'd like to increase the deadline by one more day.
Old September 22, 2003, 16:03   #143
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Tuesday is good. I think I'll still play my turns tonight, but I like the idea, in general, of having 2 days after the weekend to get my turns done, since I'm often away on the weekends.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 22, 2003, 16:06   #144
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

When I was first thinking about reducing the deadline, I wasn't thinking about the fact that a lot of people are busy on weekends. I was just thinking of "more time for discussion period" But actually the two days we had for discussion worked pretty well last week so I'll try to leave it like this in the future.

For the record...all saves will be due 23:59pm EDT (or whatever the last minute is on the U.S. east coast) Tuesday night, just like it was the first week.
Old September 22, 2003, 19:28   #145
Theseus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
I was thinking of the possibility of a monarch game, an emperor game, and a deity game for the next AUSG, but that would have a bit of logistics to work out such as what to shoot for in each game.
That was part of the original discussion... remember? Dominae, I think, suggested that the higher difficulty level players judge the game just below them. Uh, I forget what the answer was for Deity level games.

Old September 22, 2003, 20:01   #146
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Nobody judged them... They were grown ups and knew how to behave...! :P
Old September 22, 2003, 20:21   #147
Theseus
Emperor

Speaking of which, which teams are judging which?

Old September 23, 2003, 07:38   #148
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

And I'll try to design a "slightly" more challenging scenario next time.
I don't mind it, but if we play 3/4 scenarii (Domination, Space race, Culture, ...) at each level, that makes a lot of threads to read, check and comment. Are you (and us) up to it?

Then, we could find ourselves, for a given scenario, with 8 players on Monarch, 3 on Emperor and 1 on Deity
Old September 23, 2003, 09:59   #149
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Are we rotating the judging? Opportunists judged SS last time, right? So if we're rotating, we would judge Domination this time?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 23, 2003, 10:42   #150
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrian
Are we rotating the judging? Opportunists judged SS last time, right? So if we're rotating, we would judge Domination this time?

-Arrian
Yes. I'll make sure to post later on which team will be judging which, but essentially you're each judging the "other" team this week.