Old September 23, 2003, 10:53   #151
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Sage

I don't mind it, but if we play 3/4 scenarii (Domination, Space race, Culture, ...) at each level, that makes a lot of threads to read, check and comment. Are you (and us) up to it?

Then, we could find ourselves, for a given scenario, with 8 players on Monarch, 3 on Emperor and 1 on Deity
I wasn't thinking of having scenario goals for each difficulty because of the problems you stated, just three difficulty levels. But it needs more thought to go into it first.
Old September 23, 2003, 23:54   #152
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Time for the decision process
As noted in the individual DAR 2 threads it is time to start the decision process for this turn block. Please refer to your DAR 2 thread for which team to review and vote on the savegame for. The decision process will last until 23:59 EST on Thursday and I will keep a running count in the first post in each DAR 2 thread. The choice for the next savegame will be posted in each thread and a brand new DAR 3 thread for the third turn block on Friday.
Old September 26, 2003, 19:17   #153
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:37
Bump!

This thread needs to be bumped periodically (or topped), because there's no way of learning what the heck is going on from the DAR threads.

Dominae

Last edited by Dominae; September 26, 2003 at 19:30.
Old September 26, 2003, 19:31   #154
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Oh, and Rhoth, you should link to this thread your in sig.

Just a suggestion.

Dominae
Old September 26, 2003, 23:24   #155
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

That's probably a good idea. I'll set that up now. Speaking of links, I need to update the links in the first post of this thread. Forgot to do that yesterday.
Old September 30, 2003, 00:58   #156
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Friend, Roman (err...Arabs), AUSG players...lend me your ears! Or not, ears are kind of messy when removed. How about instead...lend me your savegames. I just took a run through the DAR 3 threads and only eight people out of 21 have posted savegames. In 23 hours the "deadline" for savegames will happen and the discussion period will start.

Side note: I will not be around to post the official deadline and start of discussion tomorrow night. It's my wife's birthday. Perhaps Nuclear Master can post them, or if not then you all know what will happen anyway in the next two days.

Last edited by Rhothaerill; September 30, 2003 at 01:09.
Old September 30, 2003, 19:30   #157
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

I will be unavailable most of the rest of the day and not able to post the official end of this turn block. Anyone who still wishes to, please post your savegames.

Also, please remember that voting for this turn block will be each team voting for their own team. Thanks.
Old September 30, 2003, 20:02   #158
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 03:37
Err. I probably won't be able to make it for this block or the next one. I'm in a real rush at school, so my priorities are where they belong... I'll try to play, but don't count on me for a detailed AAR...

--Kon--
Old October 1, 2003, 03:12   #159
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:37
I was kinda busy myself these last days. I have posted my save and DAR 2 hours late, I hope it isn't a problem

(no one has commented yet so I guess there isn't)

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old October 1, 2003, 17:29   #160
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Who votes for whom this round?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old October 1, 2003, 17:34   #161
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Who votes for whom this round?
Each team votes for themselves.
Old October 3, 2003, 16:41   #162
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

To partially offset for my kibitzing, I offer my list of years in Civ3*.
Lists each turn as a year, in columns of 20 turns (small enough to fit on one page), MS Word format.

*Adapted (and improved) from someone else's work, probably here on Poly, some 1-1/2 years ago.
Attached Files:
File Type: doc treaty years.doc (87.0 KB, 7 views)
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old October 6, 2003, 18:41   #163
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Per vmxa1's request I bumped the Spaceship DAR 4 thread. Sometimes the DAR's get lost between the pages so to offset that I have kept the first post in this thread updated with links to the DARs. If you can't find one, go to the first post here and follow a link. I'll try and keep this thread bumped to the first page so that it doesn't get lost too.
Old October 6, 2003, 19:39   #164
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

BTW it was not even showing up in the search. Only DAR 1/2/3 were listed?
Old October 7, 2003, 22:41   #165
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quick discussion on an extension until Wednesday. There haven't been that many turn blocks submitted for DAR 4 yet, so I wanted to see what people think of a one or two day extension before the voting period starts. Thoughts?
Old October 7, 2003, 23:00   #166
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:37
And here I just hurried to get mine in

But if the other teams are also lacking games to pick from, I don't see any reason not to extend it
Old October 7, 2003, 23:58   #167
vmxa1
Deity

Houston we may have a problem. I can't download anything from the site, so if others are having this problem we may not be able to vote or get the next start block.
Old October 9, 2003, 13:36   #168
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:37
I've been playing, reporting and posting on 40-turn blocks, where my fourth was:

Turns 121 - 160
150BC - 460AD

Yet it seems that it should be in 30-turn blocks. Which turn should the game be at now? I might need a 'leap-block' to even up. then again, with the main map mostly seen now, and me playing a solo game, does it matter?
Old October 9, 2003, 14:31   #169
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cort Haus
I've been playing, reporting and posting on 40-turn blocks, where my fourth was:

Turns 121 - 160
150BC - 460AD

Yet it seems that it should be in 30-turn blocks. Which turn should the game be at now? I might need a 'leap-block' to even up. then again, with the main map mostly seen now, and me playing a solo game, does it matter?
The main game is at 50ad right now. I don't really think it matters though since one or another of the the turn 4 games has uncovered all the different parts of the map.
Old October 12, 2003, 01:47   #170
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Timeline Change: Everyone will have 10 days to complete the fifth turn block. That means the DARs will need to be posted by 23:59 EST Tuesday the 21st. This is being done for three reasons…one to get back onto the normal schedule, two to hopefully draw back the people who have stopped playing by giving them more time to play, and three I will be gone from the 16th through the 20th.

Rule Change: I am now going to forgo the prior way of doing things and say that Nor Me will still be eligible for his save being picked next turn block. This is in part due to the fact he was the only one who submitted a savegame last turn block and partly because vmxa1 is correct that it is unfair to discourage those who submit excellent turn blocks.
Old October 22, 2003, 00:00   #171
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

I suppose this is the time where I should be asking everyone to vote on the saves...however there appears to be a lack of interest in continuing. There have been only 6 saves submitted for the recent turn block. So I'm going to post a poll instead about whether or not to continue this game.
Old October 22, 2003, 03:48   #172
vmxa1
Deity

If you were to continue, you should just pick the save to move things along.