Old September 15, 2003, 16:56   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Temple of Elemental Etc
So... I need the assistance of those 'polytoner who always have thier finger on the pulse. When is this excellent looking game coming out in :

a) The US version in the US
b) The US version to export
c) The UK version
d) The German version.

Because.... I'm dying to play it, and I need to know if I should order from the US, order from the UK, wait for an export version here in Schwabia, or just wat longer and get the German translation (and wait forever for patches too)

Did I mention I'm DYING to play it?

Yes, I checked the offical web-site, and the "Infogrammes Atari" forums, but they were soooooo vague. Does anyone actually know when its coming? I heard the end of September...?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old September 15, 2003, 16:58   #2
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Icould have sworn I saw another thread about this. This is a computer adaptation of a 1st edition DnD campaign, right?
Old September 15, 2003, 19:20   #3
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 03:47
acordding to pc.ign it supposedly ships tommorrow here in the US, so some if not all stores should have it then

http://pc.ign.com/articles/438/438020p1.html
Old September 15, 2003, 20:08   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Yeah, I thought there'd been a thread about it too.... perhaps its simply a thread on another topic that got hijacked, co I couldn't find it.

So... tommorrow in the US, means I could get it posted to here by the weekend... at a "small cost." No news about Europe yet though

Harry, its a adaption of a very old campgain for 1stEd rules, updated to 3.5Ed rules, and is promising to be the best thing since BG2... we shall see, eh? It has to be better than IWD2 and PoR2.... (not that I'm bashing those games, I played them to death, but...)

Temple of EE is unusual in that it features the return of turnbased combat (as it should be) and alignments that really make a difference (they say)

-Jam
Old September 15, 2003, 20:46   #5
Harry Seldon
King

I may check it out. I haven't had a really good DnD game in a long while.
Old September 16, 2003, 05:34   #6
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

AmazonUK lists the release date over here as October 10th
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...475613-7967621
Old September 16, 2003, 10:36   #7
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Yeah, I thought there'd been a thread about it too.... perhaps its simply a thread on another topic that got hijacked, co I couldn't find it.
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89721
Old September 16, 2003, 13:32   #8
Jamski
Deity

Thanks

Here's the link, for those lazy among us :

link

-Jam
Old September 17, 2003, 14:37   #9
Jac de Molay
Prince

This is pretty cool, and I hope this signals the beginning of a trend where they adapt those old modules.

I can remember lots of those great old modules when I first started playing at 11. Keep on the borderlands, Tomb of Horrors, Queen of the Demonweb Pits.

Good stuff
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old September 17, 2003, 23:13   #10
korn469
Emperor

Jamski

checkout this thread in the official atari forums

Kazaa & Atari offering TEE for download!

Quote:
6 hour free tria, with unlimited executions.
$49.95 to unlock the full game

843MB

You want a demo guess thats better. Too bad no MP
Old September 18, 2003, 02:58   #11
Jamski
Deity

Hmmm, could be worth a try.... awfully huge download though, and if I unlock it, then I still won't have the game CDs.... but perhaps...

-Jam
Old September 18, 2003, 03:50   #12
Jamski
Deity

Just been looking on the Atari forums. Looks like another MoO3 folks, talked up to be wonderful, with so many cool features great graphics, increadable never-done-before-in-a-game-stuff etc. but all the comments on the forums are REALLY negative. For some reason Atari wanted a teen rating, so all the children were cut from the game (although the quests and dialogue relating to them was left in - must have been last minute) Also many interface problems reported like changing spells to be memorised is fussy and hard to get at, the game has no containers, so you run out of room to carry stuff quickly, potions cost more to identify than to buy an identified one in the shop, no mini-map, runs slowly even on high-end computers. I'll give a personal opinion when (if) this demo ever finishes downloading, but after reading through on the Atari boards, I'm not so optimistic about the game any more.

-Jam
Old September 18, 2003, 04:43   #13
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

The comments in game forums are always really negative. The week after the game comes out 99% of the people who enjoy it are too busy playing it to go and argue with whiners on some forum.

Ignore everyone and play the demo for yourself is always the best policy.
Old September 18, 2003, 07:01   #14
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 16:47
But MoO 3 still sucks
Old September 18, 2003, 19:27   #15
Jamski
Deity

Indeed it does, and there's the same feeling on the Atari ToEE boards now, as there was on the Atari MoO3 boards then... the game was hyped, and then didn't deliver (enough). What can you do?

-Jam
Old September 18, 2003, 23:23   #16
CygnusZ
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
The comments in game forums are always really negative. The week after the game comes out 99% of the people who enjoy it are too busy playing it to go and argue with whiners on some forum.
That's not really true, directly after a game comes out the comments are positive because people really want to enjoy the game. Think about what happened at the Apolyton upon the release of Civilization 3.

It's important to listen the critics and filter out which ones are making complaints which you feel are valid to yourself. Those whom have played longer can point out the exact faults and save you the pain of discovering you don't like the game after 10 hours.
Old September 19, 2003, 03:13   #17
Jamski
Deity

I really should learn never to buy a game untill at least the first patch is released... its almost impossible to tes a game properly these days, and the "open beta" of thousands of gamers playing it is just a standard part of the development as far as I can see. Then after the patch I should read all the reveiws.

Trouble is, I start to really look forward to games (like this one, like MoO3....etc) and then I have to get them as soon as possible. Well, I'm going to "wait and see" now after reading the comment on the Atari boards.

-Jam
Old September 22, 2003, 13:50   #18
Harry Seldon
King

If everyone took a first patch policy I bet some games would never get patched, though. My memory fails me but surely there have been a few games that stank when they first came out and became good games after some prodigenous patching. It takes patsies like us to make better games for the rest of mankind.
Old September 22, 2003, 15:39   #19
Araanor
Chieftain

TOEE is neat. Finally a decent turn-based RPG.. Haven't seen any major bugs, SecuROM is probably messing up for a lot of people. Yeah, the picking out the children sucks. Bloody Atari/Hasbro/WOTC.
Old September 22, 2003, 16:16   #20
Harry Seldon
King

Why would they take the children out? I don't understand how this would affect the rating system.
Old September 22, 2003, 17:08   #21
korn469
Emperor

Harry,

afaik there are certain counties (maybe just the UK) in europe that forbids having depictions of children in games, this was an issue with one of the localized versions of Fallout or Fallout 2...so if I had to pick a reason I would say that is it
Old September 23, 2003, 01:22   #22
Araanor
Chieftain

Remember how Troika do their games, you can kill anyone. Including children. I can see how this would up the rating... It's also possible they were forced to remove some gore.
Old September 23, 2003, 09:09   #23
Harry Seldon
King

Ah, the Moo3 green blood scenario. That stinks. I wish they'd left in the kids for the american version. Then everybody wins. Except those damn kids, if they're anything like their Fallout counterparts.
Old September 24, 2003, 03:01   #24
Araanor
Chieftain

Snippet from a recent chat organized by RPG Codex:

Exitium] [Mearas] Besides removing the kids, has the game been altered in any other signigicant way as a result of switching ratings?
[TimCain] Yes. Several dialogs and quests were removed entirely, as were some characters.
[[Troika]Tom] One whole map with side quests, the brothel in Nulb, was removed
[ReAnimator] ouch!
[TimCain] Plus, Tom said some bad words in a few dialogs...
[TimCain] :)
[[troika]hnguyen] :)
[[Troika]Steve] Code was generally untouched for the censors, so I had smooth sailing.
[[troika]hnguyen] i wish the bad words were still in :(
[TimCain] Also, you will notice that **** Rentsch is now just Rentsch
[[Troika]Tom] Tim used a bad word once, too!
[TimCain] I did?
[ReAnimator] I had to cover up some private areas on some models
[[Troika]Steve] Because Richard is such a horrible name to name someone.
[[troika]hnguyen] LOL
* TimCain says "Done"

Argh!
Old September 24, 2003, 03:35   #25
Jamski
Deity

The official bug list for this game is growing at an alarming rate...

(I just checked the Atari site)

-Jam
Old September 24, 2003, 10:33   #26
pg
Prince

anyone get it? it looks interesting but i'm very leery of most computer games nowadays(been burned too many times).
Old September 25, 2003, 11:30   #27
Jamski
Deity

I'm waiting for a patch...

A quick skim through other forums that concentrate on RPGs has revealed MASSES of bugs and flawed design features, not to mention Atari cuts.

BE WARNED!

Apparently its mostly playable with the use of workarounds and as long as you don't care about some of the features not working properly...

/me waits for a patch (like he should have done for MoO3) *

-Jam
Old September 29, 2003, 11:52   #28
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 16:47
Quote:
Originally posted by Araanor
SecuROM is probably messing up for a lot of people
Copy protected? Damn them! Do I look like a thief?

Guess I won't buy this game.
Old September 29, 2003, 12:08   #29
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 09:47
I read the review for Temple last night on gamespot.............they seem to think it has a few bugs but if this genre is your bag you'll enjoy the game.
Old September 29, 2003, 12:10   #30
Araanor
Chieftain

I still think it's a good game, problems or not.