Old September 15, 2003, 17:07   #1
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 08:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I need drugs
Seriously, my body needs chemicals right now... ANY CHEMICALS!!!

I just had a 13 hour day at college, woke up at 6.30, arrived at 8.30, hit the library for 2 and a half hours, then psychology. Boring, repetitive lame stuff I read in the summer, that didn't require more than 4 minutes to go over. 105 minutes later, we leave, I go to the library (12.45) until 3pm. I have a load of articles I'm planning, so I was working on those, as well as getting down chapter 4 for my novel.

At 3, I had sociology, finished at 5. Went to the college gym until 6.30, when my evening course in philosophy started. Its very very simple, its pathetic, its Russell!!! :O Now I'm no Agathon but I have not spent 2 years learning this as best I can, to have my intelligence insulted for the sake of a piece of paper this time next year!

Anyways, that finished about an hour ago, where I had to wait for my lift home, I got back about 10 minutes ago (college is only 4/5 miles away! ).

Anyways, my point. I'm tired, I have a slow metabolism. I can't keep this up. My sleep patterns are messed up, I'm depressed and I'm losing motivating in everything except writing. This is only after a week!!! I did spend time in the gym which saps your energy but even so, I get tired so easily on a day sitting on my backside. I'm not exactly at the peak of physical fitness but I can walk and cruise on my bike for hours with no difficulty. (EDIT: Except when my knees/ankle gives way. I messed up my ankle yesterday so I was only benching today).

Any ways you guys know how to keep my energy up, before I consult someone who knows what theyre on about?
Old September 15, 2003, 17:12   #2
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Pain killers. I know it seems crazy, but these days they dump tons of stimulants in pks to keep stupid people who insist on operating heavy machinery from falling asleep. If you can't score those, you can always fall back on white crosses. Just ask for ephedrine at any truck stop.
Old September 15, 2003, 17:14   #3
Whaleboy
Prince

I live in Britain. In a country where you can drive its full length in two days, there is no need for such things. Nonetheless, I'll look.. thanks!
Old September 15, 2003, 17:25   #4
Whaleboy
Prince

What about like lots of sugar?
Old September 15, 2003, 17:41   #5
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 02:47
ginseng

Jon Miller
Old September 15, 2003, 17:50   #6
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:47
Sod the seng, just drink Gin

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old September 15, 2003, 17:50   #7
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:47
Maybe that's why I'm so uptight. I haven't had any drugs since Thanksgivng.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old September 15, 2003, 17:52   #8
Paul Hanson
King

Coca-Cola. You can't get anything more infused with chemicals than that stuff, and it'll keep you awake as well!

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old September 15, 2003, 18:00   #9
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Just have some very thick coffee

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old September 15, 2003, 18:44   #10
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 03:47
Go ask Zylka -- he's the pot head here on Apolyton.
Old September 15, 2003, 18:45   #11
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 01:47
I need *****.

but I can't make a thread titled that
Old September 15, 2003, 18:47   #12
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
dear god man, just get a friend to swing by the local chemist and pick up some pep pills. a handful of those and you're gooooooooone!

or ritilan. on non-adhd brains it acts similar to speeeed.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old September 15, 2003, 18:47   #13
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

My method of choice for releasing dopamine these days are *****es too.

EDIT: Ooooh and i finally quit smoking! Im joggin every morning now~ wheeeeeee
Old September 15, 2003, 19:17   #14
Curiosity
Warlord

If all those lecture are stupid and easy, when not just skip them and spend 2 days cramming before the exam like a normal person?

Anyway, stimulants... pro plus is easy to get in the UK, or you could just drink loads of coffee. Unfortunately, you can only keep going on chemicals for so long. After that your system crashes and you end up as something of a wreck. Been there, done that, don't recommend it.

Just learn to relax now and then.
Old September 15, 2003, 19:22   #15
Evil Knevil
Prince

Speed. Get it from a dealer. Makes you go like a rocket.
Old September 15, 2003, 19:31   #16
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:47
Don't use drugs.
If you sleep too little, taking drugs is the last thing you should do. Instead change your life style. Stop working on those books of yours. You're only 18, a lot of studies still ahead of you, so there's a big chance you'll learn a lot of things which change your views, forcing you to rewrite your book anyway... Also, post less on Apolyton if you have a shortage of time...
Old September 15, 2003, 19:40   #17
Evil Knevil
Prince

Use drugs, it'll make your essay's more interesting. You'll also accomplish more.

If you're in the UK, I'll gladly supply you with some spore prints for some shrooms -as well as the skills to grow them. Shrooms have no long term effects, and a 'couple' make lectures more interesting
Old September 15, 2003, 19:43   #18
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 10:47
Re: I need drugs
Quote:
Originally posted by elijah
Seriously, my body needs chemicals right now... ANY CHEMICALS!!!

I just had a 13 hour day at college, woke up at 6.30, arrived at 8.30, hit the library for 2 and a half hours, then psychology. Boring, repetitive lame stuff I read in the summer, that didn't require more than 4 minutes to go over. 105 minutes later, we leave, I go to the library (12.45) until 3pm. I have a load of articles I'm planning, so I was working on those, as well as getting down chapter 4 for my novel.
All you need is a bit more realism when it comes to what can and should be done in what time. Making too much different things at the same time is always bad - you set yourself under pressure, and then, if you don´t finish all you wanted asap (which is easily possible when you simply do too much) you feel bad about yourself - and burned out. Often you then need much longer for certain tasks that you´d normally do easily.

High goals are fine, but there should be a fair chance to reach them under acceptable conditions. Getting up at 6.30 when you do not have to is mad
Old September 15, 2003, 20:19   #19
flipside
Warlord

Chill. Take less. Look at natural ways to achieve a high. Try a sport, or yoga. Building a muscle mass and cv fitnesss will speed yourself up in a way that no drug can.

Except highballs of course, but they are kinda hardcore.

Last edited by flipside; September 15, 2003 at 20:26.
Old September 15, 2003, 20:26   #20
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

What's your sleep schedule?

How are you doing for food?

Seriously, exercise will increase your energy levels over time rather than decreasing them.
Old September 15, 2003, 20:39   #21
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 04:47
Drugs are bad. Just say no.

xXx

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old September 15, 2003, 21:47   #22
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

The best chemical out there is caffeine.

I'd suggest you go ahead and become addicted to it while you can, before some ultramoral **** tries to lobby Congress to restrict it. (Yes, it does hurt your brain, but PEOPLE ARE SMART ENOUGH TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES )
Old September 15, 2003, 22:00   #23
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Do you need less sleep or more sleep?

If you need less sleep, take gel shots or caffeine pills. I'd recommend gel shots (Im very sensitive to caffeine so you may have different results)

If you need more sleep or regular sleep cycle take sleeping pills. And have fun with it by trying to stay awake before you actually commit yourself to going to sleep. You can have some extremly fun hallucinations before the medication forces you into sleep (be careful be near a bed with nothing sharp when you do this though).

If you're a normal human being and you need less sleep, just remember that you need to make up all that deficit at some point. Make sure you dont put yourself at a point where you might crash at a wrong time. (like day before exams.... it happens). Weekend is a great time to makeup all that sleeping time. Even I (who doesnt sleep much compared to average human being) usually devote time sleeping during weekends if the week has been rough for me.
Old September 15, 2003, 22:09   #24
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Quote:
If you're a normal human being and you need less sleep, just remember that you need to make up all that deficit at some point. Make sure you dont put yourself at a point where you might crash at a wrong time. (like day before exams.... it happens). Weekend is a great time to makeup all that sleeping time. Even I (who doesnt sleep much compared to average human being) usually devote time sleeping during weekends if the week has been rough for me.
Most of my weeks center on getting about 4 hours during the days and then sleeping 12 or more hours on Saturday and Sunday. There's just too much work to do during the weeks to get adequate sleep...4 hours + caffeine + extra on weekends has been a winning formula for me, but when I get done early on weekdays I try to get more than the four hours.

Isn't the "You can't make up sleep" thing a myth anyways? I can't remember my source against it though.
Old September 16, 2003, 00:44   #25
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

you can't make up sleep is a myth

however, you pay more for it later

I also usually go on the 4 hours a night (usually no caffeine and only 7 hours on weekends, but I also fall asleep in class occasionally (as well as sometimes sleep 5 or 6 hours on weekdays))

Jon Miller
Old September 16, 2003, 10:41   #26
Whaleboy
Prince

Quote:
Stop working on those books of yours. You're only 18, a lot of studies still ahead of you, so there's a big chance you'll learn a lot of things which change your views, forcing you to rewrite your book anyway... Also, post less on Apolyton if you have a shortage of time
Nah, my books make stuff more interesting. Besides, I dont want to take the risk that I wont be able to write when I'm older. You'd be suprised how little time I actually spend posting here .

I cant skive as many lectures this year and research on my own because the college has got auditors in, and discrepancies like me will be first against the wall.

Quote:
If you're in the UK, I'll gladly supply you with some spore prints for some shrooms -as well as the skills to grow them
My email address is on my site

Quote:
pick up some pep pills
Sounds like a promising idea...

I need less sleep, but the ability to cope with it. Caffeine in other words sounds like a good idea, probably copius amounts of red bull too. (Is it true that stuff is made from bulls semen? ). Ideally, like mrmitchell, if I can hit the sack about 2am, need to get up at 6.30 and make up for it on weekends, I'll be sorted. Unfortunately when I get a weekend job that will probably mess it up, but oh well...
Old September 16, 2003, 18:09   #27
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Most of my weeks center on getting about 4 hours during the days and then sleeping 12 or more hours on Saturday and Sunday. There's just too much work to do during the weeks to get adequate sleep...4 hours + caffeine + extra on weekends has been a winning formula for me, but when I get done early on weekdays I try to get more than the four hours.
Also remember that there will be some variation in sleep needs between individuals. Most will need around 8 hrs.

I find that if I drop to less that 6 hrs, I become much less productive over the next few days, unless I get a nap sometime during the day.
Old September 16, 2003, 19:39   #28
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I have just been crashing recently

typical result of being sleep deprived

Jon Miller
Old September 16, 2003, 21:30   #29
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

smoke some pot at night, it will help you sleep...
Old September 17, 2003, 17:36   #30
Whaleboy
Prince

Quote:
unless I get a nap sometime during the day
Thank god I'm taking english lit!

Quote:
smoke some pot at night, it will help you sleep
I have given up alcohol and cannabis, all joking aside, the strongest drug I'd be prepared to take is paracetamol and caffeine.