Old September 22, 2003, 02:49   #91
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 09:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well I have to say that I originally thought Fanes7 couldnt be reloading in the UP thread, but it seems obvious that he is reloading. It is still possible to change the outcome of events with the RNG on but you have to replay several turns and even wait a move. This chap must have an incredible amount of time on his hands to undertake such a tedious task. OTOH he probably has the required time because nobody cares to listen to a word he says in RL, seriously guys I think its time to ignore this fellow. Get this thread locked and let it drift away and try as you might to ignore the future ramblings of this idiot.

Often in life you will find that if all can resist the temptation to bite on a fools hook then the fool will go away!!!
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old September 22, 2003, 03:52   #92
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 10:48
no, you don't have to go several turns back. it's enough if you e.g. change the order of your moves. let's say, you've got an elite, a veteran and a regular.

in the first try, you'll use the elite first and go for the leader. if it doesn't work, try and get a promotion for the veteran, then for the regular, etc.

it's a whole lot of work, but i tried it and it DID work. one round i didn't get any promotion, in another succession of moves i got it in 3 out 4 moves!

i also tried to figure out, what influences the outcome of battles (i don't mean the chances of winning, but attacks where the battle order changes, ceteris paribus).

simple conclusion:
- it is not important from which square you attack for faster-moving units. so E-S or S-E doesn't matter at all. (ofcourse if there's a river between one of the two, it does)

- promotions are dependant on the order

- popping a goody hut before or after a battle changes something too.

- no matter what order you attack when all battles have the same stats, the HP-losses stay. so e.g. if your elite wins a battle but just 1HP left in the end, the veteran would die (because of the 4 HPs he had)

havn't had time to try more... it's just not worth the work to use it in the game.
Old September 22, 2003, 06:03   #93
fanes7
Warlord

Local Time: 08:48
Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
Just for the record, I just tried to run this game and at the 3400 or where ever it was the you pop the hut, I got no barbs. It was deserted. This was 1.27F, but I doubt it matters. I had the warriors and worker in the same spots, so it should as been the same?

I always see this :"This has been downloaded 1 time(s)."

so I think nobody download this file but me .
Old September 22, 2003, 06:07   #94
fanes7
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
Well I have to say that I originally thought Fanes7 couldnt be reloading in the UP thread, but it seems obvious that he is reloading. It is still possible to change the outcome of events with the RNG on but you have to replay several turns and even wait a move. This chap must have an incredible amount of time on his hands to undertake such a tedious task. OTOH he probably has the required time because nobody cares to listen to a word he says in RL, seriously guys I think its time to ignore this fellow. Get this thread locked and let it drift away and try as you might to ignore the future ramblings of this idiot.

Often in life you will find that if all can resist the temptation to bite on a fools hook then the fool will go away!!!
Playing game is a relax thing , so don't be so furious .

I played this savefile breezily . If you want talk about it , pls download Master Zen 's savefile , and do step by step as I post , after this , I 'm pleasure to listen .
Old September 22, 2003, 06:15   #95
fanes7
Warlord

So I don't take that the bet with vmxa1 is a very serious thing . We all just play a game , and the game 's rule is decided by some game-programmer .

So you can see in my post , I just play the game very leisured . And you can see in most turns my worker just roam . You can do better than me if you download MZ 's file and play.
Old September 22, 2003, 08:31   #96
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 03:48
OK... It's 8:30 on september 22nd and I officially stopped caring...

--Kon--
Old September 22, 2003, 12:55   #97
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:48
Quote:
Originally posted by fanes7

I always see this :"This has been downloaded 1 time(s)."

so I think nobody download this file but me .
I downloaded the one I put up. This was because I am on my backup machine (1.7GH 512MB) right now and do not have the map. I am on 1.27F so I could not use the 1.14 version. This may account for the hut being deserted. This is vey illustrative as it shows that the choreographing is crucial. That means it can only work with reloading.
Old September 22, 2003, 13:03   #98
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:48
just a reminder to people:

1) fanes7 has not yet produced a leader in his pics
2) no ground-breaking leader generating strategy has been shown, it's either reloading or luck, neither of which qualify as strategy.
3) no one is buying it anymore

I've had fun. Ciao

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 22, 2003, 13:12   #99
vmxa1
Deity

fane7 I don't think there was a bet perse, it was just an opportunity for you to show us how to get leaders guaranted. This was predicated on the presumption that no reloading was being done.

At no time have you said I do not reload. You also do not say that you do reload. This leads me to conclude that you are using reloading. This is not an option for serious players, so we are not taking you seriously.
It does not matter if you are in fact a skilled player, if you are reloading. Yes we all know that one can do as they wish in their own games, but they can not come to public forums and get respect.

As I have said, there is no reason for others to play the game out. They know you have already mapped out the exact moves to get the results. That is why using the load I posted is so telling. It shows that you can not start a game from scratch and get the same results.
The idea of building all warriors and atacking barbs and then an AI will often get you promotions and even leaders. It will not work in all cases, unless you first test all of the permutations. You must first expose the map to see where the AI is and the huts. You then need to trip barbs and win fights. This will not occur in a timely fashion without reloading, flat out.
What this means to me is that you are dishonest, since you refuse to admit this what you are doing and pretend it is being done with no reloads.
Old September 22, 2003, 13:41   #100
statusperfect
King

This thread is lame.

But don't be so hard on him vmxa1
Old September 22, 2003, 14:05   #101
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by statusperfect
But don't be so hard on him vmxa1
What is hard about it? He was given many chances to simply say yes or no and has not done so. At some point one must wonder why? I think the evidence is that he is pretending to not reloading, when he does. That is dishonest, is it not? Not the reloading, itself, but doing it and not admitting it.
I think that is why the save A and save B came in. Once he found out the it was possible to look at a savefile and see it had been reloading, a scheme was required to prevent that. The cat was out of the bag, why not fess up at that point. He would have gotten some positive responses, but no, the charade was continued.
If this is harsh, it was self inflicted, by deception.
Old September 22, 2003, 15:01   #102
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

if anything, we actually did give him a chance to prove his stuff. Other forums would have probably blasted him as a loonie first.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 22, 2003, 20:33   #103
fanes7
Warlord

OK , I see through you , vmxa1 , you just don't dare to try some challenge - a new game idea , that is : the most early attack , the many warriors in early age , and try to peace treat with 2 or 3 AIs in a huge-deity map before 2000BC , and use your gold upgrade early warrior&horseman to maintain strong force , and many new game idea .

I think , if you realy can attempt this , you will find you go up a new level .

The Leader 's appearing is not very hard , not as you say , 1/16 or 1/8 , in a continual battle the unit can easy upgrade , especially the most weakness unit - warrior .

You don't want to try , so I tell you the result :

Before 3150BC , I only have a Veteran , but after 3150BC , I have a Leader , so that is the differ with you and me .
Old September 22, 2003, 20:40   #104
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
This is ridiculous.

fanes7, respond to ME. Pick any AU game, and walk me through your play, via posts here, IRC, chat, PMs, email, the damn PHONE, anything.

I will replicate your play, and we'll see how you do.

Deny this challenge, and I will mark you as "ignore", which I have never once done before.

I presume that you will be on this forum for a little while. You have one hour to respond, from 8:40 EDT in New York City.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 22, 2003, 21:12   #105
Tall Stranger
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
Warlord

Theseus,

I agree with the sentiment, but that's not enough anymore. Now that he knows that he can mask his use of reloads to learn all kinds of things about the map and figure out which path will give him a GL, he can do the same thing with an AU game that he did with the previous game.

My recommendation is that he also be given a strict time limit. He claims to get a GL in the first 18 turns, right? Even in an extremely slow, micromanagement game (which is not required for his war-heavy strategy), it won't take more than 15 minutes to play those 18 turns. It actually shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

Therefore, my proposal (if this is possible for us to monitor) is to require him to post the precise moves he makes no more than 15 minutes after downloading the file. If he's such a great player, this should be no problem. If he's a reloading cheater (as we all know he is), this will make his job almost impossible.

My question is: can someone at Poly confirm exactly when he completes downloading the file? We can't count on emailing him the file, since he can claim it took a long time to get to him.

Thoughts?
Old September 22, 2003, 22:08   #106
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
OK , I see through you , vmxa1 , you just don't dare to try some challenge - a new game idea , that is : the most early attack , the many warriors in early age , and try to peace treat with 2 or 3 AIs in a huge-deity map before 2000BC , and use your gold upgrade early warrior&horseman to maintain strong force , and many new game idea .

I think , if you realy can attempt this , you will find you go up a new level .

The Leader 's appearing is not very hard , not as you say , 1/16 or 1/8 , in a continual battle the unit can easy upgrade , especially the most weakness unit - warrior .

You don't want to try , so I tell you the result :

Before 3150BC , I only have a Veteran , but after 3150BC , I have a Leader , so that is the differ with you and me .
Up till now I have felt you deserved to be given every chance to prove your case. I have taken into account your claim to have "poor english". I am not buying the poor english bit. I am wondering if you are just a sophisticated jerk. Puting us on time after time. I wonder this, becasue you still refuse to say you are reloading or to deny it. Why?I am sorry, but I too have run out of patience.

There is no challenge involved. You gave an explicit road map to follow, so what is the challenge for anyone? I simply do as you have outlined and get the same result, if I have the same game and do precisely what you did.
All the crap about beating deity with this scheme is worthless, as it can not work unless you are a chronic reloader. I don't mean just a few reloads here an there, but mnassive. You must play the map to see where everything is and then reload. Now you make a series of moves, that when they fail to get what you need, you go back to the last point things were good. You then make a new pass, until you get the next objective. This is not talent or skill, it is boring and cheating.

The real difference between me and you is I am not insecure and can take my lumps. It does not matter to me if you are anyone is better than me. If you have read some of the post in the curent game, you see as any real player already knows that units lose combat at times and no one is going to be sure to get promotions or leaders in fair fights, even with better units.
Old September 22, 2003, 22:55   #107
Master Zen
Deity

just notice how the spearman stack in this 3150 BC picture is in a different position than the spearman stack in the 3150 BC picture he posted on page two.

Old September 23, 2003, 00:04   #108
fanes7
Warlord

Thank you all very much , let 's stop argument , I don't want to debate something with you any more .

Just let 's calm .

BTW , I still want a upgrade-patch very much . I 'll appreciate your help if you upload it on the forum .
Old September 23, 2003, 00:08   #109
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

You are here.

You have not responded.

You are gone.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old September 23, 2003, 00:14   #110
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Thank you all very much , let 's stop argument , I don't want to debate something with you any more .

Just let 's calm .

BTW , I still want a upgrade-patch very much . I 'll appreciate your help if you upload it on the forum .
Sounds good to me.

http://www.civ3.com/support.cfm

Here is where you can find the patch. I have no idea which one you would need as they have different ones for localized versions of the game. I have US and that would not work for yours. Not to mention it is about 10MB.
Old September 23, 2003, 00:24   #111
fanes7
Warlord

Thanks , but the server don't support the port 21
Old September 23, 2003, 00:34   #112
Theseus
Emperor

This is a new experience for me...

fanes7, you are ignored.

If you have anything meaningful to contirbute, I expect that someone in this forum will tell me via PM.

Until then, have fun with your GLs.

Old September 23, 2003, 00:36   #113
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 01:48
I am agreeing with Theseus here.
I have never done this but you are now ignored.
Old September 23, 2003, 01:58   #114
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
just notice how the spearman stack in this 3150 BC picture is in a different position than the spearman stack in the 3150 BC picture he posted on page two.
Great catch MZ! You're absolutely right about that. I've refrained from weighing in on this until now, but I think that should absolutely prove that he reloads. Not only the spearman stack, but a warrior are all in different locations.

Case closed for me. I'm not going to follow this anymore either.
Old September 23, 2003, 02:01   #115
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Oh and before I forget, I copied the picture he had before it gets edited. Here is the screenshot MZ was talking about. Notice the location of the spearman and warrior for 3150bc in this shot compared to the one he shows having a GL on.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	3150map.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	53809  
Old September 23, 2003, 02:37   #116
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I did suggest yesterday that you guys all pull the plug on this fool, but netherless the Alexman pic in the other thread is the funniest thing Ive seen for ages

Bye Bye Fanes7
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old September 23, 2003, 06:46   #117
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Could somebody please ask the higher gods of 'poly to remove fanes7 useless chitchat from my PUP thread (which was interesting up to a certain Chinese invasion...) and put it in this thread, as to consign all this to the asheap of history?

PLEASE...
Old September 24, 2003, 19:29   #118
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Like I said in the UP thread, poor old MS
Old September 25, 2003, 06:52   #119
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Cort Haus,

First of all, I am not THAT old!
Secondly, I don't need your commiseration, I need all this bullshit removed from my thread!
Third, thanks for your virtual handkerchief.
Old October 8, 2003, 04:46   #120
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

totally wierd... but in my last game i had 6 leaders in just 3 turns... 4 of them in the same turn (!!!). playing celts and using lots of elite gallic swordsmen and knights against swordsmen and spearmen (mostly in the open).
although i did win nearly all elite battles, i'm absolutely sure, not beeing anywhere near the 1/12 chance of leader generation (i used my 3rd leader for heroic epic)... at best i won 30 elite battles... too much conincidence imho.

can it be, that under certain circumstances the figure changes (e.g. if using UU or attacking on open ground?)

anyway... it gave me leo's, HE and 3 armies and the pentagon. sistine's and sun tzu's were mine anyway...