Old May 7, 2000, 13:24   #1
blackclove

ATT'N DESIGNERS: 3rd Scenario Design Competition
Calling all designers: We've extended the deadline on the SLeague and HAC's Third Scenario Design Competition. The new deadline will be in EARLY SEPTEMBER. Although the rules page currently indicates that it ends in July, the staff has voted to extend it due to several requests for extensions.

The contest allows new and established designers alike to showcase their skills. Many popular Civ II sites have agreed to host the winners, which will allow winners' other scenarios to become much better known.

Interested in participating? Visit HAC and go to the official rules.

http://hac.apolyton.net/

The topics for this contest are:

FW or MGE PLATFORM: The Basic Concept of "The Argonauts"

Historians and individuals who appreciate famous literature are amazed daily by the world that is created by Greek & Roman mythology. They told of gods with great powers that created all life on the planet - and ultimately, muddled in its affairs daily. The seasons, path of the sun and moon, and the balance mountains provide to the heavens all are the product of these outstanding deities.

We invite those entering the FW/MGE platform to explore the strange world of Greek & Roman mythology. It may involve some aspects of history, but we are looking for a Bronze Age fantasy scenario that involves these great gods on some level.

ToT PLATFORM: The Basic Concept of "Dracula"

Vampires rule, and we as general public are fascinated by them daily. We see them as dark creatures of the night that prey on the lessers of the human race. Dracula is the most famous of those vampires. It is rumored that a certain count in Hungary, Vlad the Impaler, made meals daily out of traveling passerby. That he slept in a coffin. That he had numerous wives that he made vampires also. Whether or not this is true, we are all aware of the power that vampires represent.

You may take either a fantastical or historical approach, or combine elements from both. Envision a great struggle between the light and the dark either way. Was Vlad Dracula? Or are vampires merely products of our imagination that drink their fill and vanish without being noticed?

Old May 8, 2000, 18:19   #2
William Keenan
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 00:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
So, with ToT you can do any kind of story you want as long as it includes vampires in it, is that right?
Old May 9, 2000, 10:37   #3
blackclove

Looks to me like you can do any scenario you want as long as it includes vampires... or is set during the historical period of the real Vlad the Impaler, who fought back a Turkish invasion.

More links and help are coming soon.

Old May 9, 2000, 14:13   #4
William Keenan
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 00:57
How about having a few weeks difference between the two contests, because I want to play all the scenarios (ToT and FW) and I wonder if two weeks is enough time.
Old May 10, 2000, 00:19   #5
WarVoid
King

Local Time: 05:57
Well i've already got my ideas for the FW scenario.
"Ascending Olympus"
So nobody steal the title.
Old May 14, 2000, 08:40   #6
Saint Marcus
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 06:57
quote:

the staff has voted to extend it

Could have fooled me...

And still nobody gave me an answer about the number of participants.

------------------
Lancer: MarkL, well said, everything...

"Only resolution and habit can let me make an entry tonight. I am too miserable, too low-spirited, too sick of the world and all in it, including life itself, that I would not care if I heard this moment the flapping of the wings of the Angel of Death."
Old May 16, 2000, 00:20   #7
blackclove

Hmm, I just assumed Reismark had emailed you about extending it as well... apparently not.

I don't have a count of the number of codenames given out yet, though people have asked me several times. Reismark is the "code name guy" this time around.