Old May 17, 2000, 17:14   #1
Curumbor Elendil
Prince

Local Time: 00:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Rising of the Celts: what files to include?
Just stopped by the updated SLeague site and saw that my old Rising of the Celts scenario was in fact reviewed. One major complaint was that there were some unnecessary files included in the *.zip and some necessary ones not. Apparently the *.bak files are completely useless and should be deleted? Also, the pedia.txt: this is not updated automatically when you tinker with the rules.txt? I guess it makes sense that it isn't. Seems like a lot of work, though. Anything I should know before altering the pedia.txt?

------------------
Curumbor Elendil
jason.sorens@yale.edu
ICQ 56126989
Old May 17, 2000, 17:21   #2
blackclove

All you have to do with pedia.txt is simply include the file (unchanged, if you'd like) in the .zip package and it will allow people to view pedia entries.

.bak files are Backup files and are not needed. Nor are .sav files, which are your save games.

You should always include a readme.txt file.

If you haven't already, you should seek out Leon Marrick's guide to advanced scenario design. It's available in many places, including at Platehead's ( http://members.xoom.com/platehead/ ). It might also be available on the CSC.

Old May 17, 2000, 18:21   #3
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 01:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
If you would have a look at how Red Front uses winter/summer effects and duplicate them in your scenario, I think that would spiff it up alot.

Plus get rid of some cities and make some sense with unit choice (no matter where it came from, "Ironclad" name and graphic makes no sense).

Most of all: add a plot or storyline! I felt like I was playing Civ2 in England.