Old September 22, 2003, 18:09   #151
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 09:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
That's not the same as repeating that lukewarm demogame trash crap again and again ad nauseam.
Old September 22, 2003, 18:16   #152
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:49
Okay, I CAN refrain from mentioning the PTWDG.

Let's vote on a rule:

1) For any post bringing up the PTWDG, the poster must pay a fine of 5 gold to each of the other players IN GAME.
Old September 22, 2003, 18:17   #153
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:49
See, I knew you two could get along. Let's just say that some people are tired about hearing how one aspect or another of the PTWDG carries over to another game/topic/discussion/joke. It doesn't bother me one bit. I know how to ignore comments from people. It took me a while, but vondrack and nye have taught me that it is best to do so sometimes.
Old September 22, 2003, 18:19   #154
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
See, I knew you two could get along. Let's just say that some people are tired about hearing how one aspect or another of the PTWDG carries over to another game/topic/discussion/joke. It doesn't bother me one bit. I know how to ignore comments from people. It took me a while, but vondrack and nye have taught me that it is best to do so sometimes.
Actually, I'm thinking I will horde money and pay the fines................
Old September 22, 2003, 18:27   #155
Harovan
staff

Look, it's really simple. I'm actually here to have some fun in my spare time. I would like to have a nice game with friends. I do not want to be accused of pulling secret plots only because you do not like the policy of a team of a crappy democracy game I happen to participate in, which has absolutely nothing in common with this game. I don't have anything against game related trash talking and mild bullshitting. This applies to the Naval game too.

If repeating that lukewarm crap is what makes the fun for you in this game, it's perfectly fine with me. The only thing I ask you is, to say so now, and I'm out.
Old September 22, 2003, 20:40   #156
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

can't some people know when others are just making jokes?

sheesh, I thought we'd be way past this crap by now...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 22, 2003, 20:54   #157
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I've received far too many posts reported to mods for the demogames so I will bow out of this one in order to maintain world harmony.

I'm not trying to be a wuss here, I honestly have no problem leaving if I am just going to make people upset. The internet is far too big a place for anyone to be fighting over one little PBEM game.
Old September 22, 2003, 21:06   #158
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I don't want GF to leave the game nor do I wish SR do so either. I think the point was made and will be heeded. We are all grownup or can at least act like. I have evidence of this happening!

Now, lets get MZ to get this game rolling.
Old September 22, 2003, 21:10   #159
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I wouldn't be able to behave in this game. I have too much fun with BigFree and OPD..................

Whooseinchargeofstartingthisgameanyway
Old September 22, 2003, 21:18   #160
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:49
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
When did you become an Officer?
I'm not an officer in the Army. I'm an Officer in the civillian world. I work the the local Sheriffs Department. And this week I'm going to a school to get certified to train new recuits.

Now, back to the game. Yes I want both GF and SR to stay. I want to have a definitive answer, are you staying in this game GF? If not, I want to try to find a replacement to keep it at 8 players.
Old September 22, 2003, 22:01   #161
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 04:49
GF - get back in here! And quit being a weenie.

This game is set to go - and yes it would be easy to come up with another player - but it would also be very difficult, if not impossible, to REPLACE you. So suck it up soldier and get in line.

MZ - push the big red button. Let's GO!
Old September 23, 2003, 01:52   #162
Harovan
staff

I will put Ghengis on probation. I have no problems with trash talking and Ghengis-like bullshitting, as long as it's game related. At the countrary, if it weren't so, I would ask, who the heck hacked his account. I will however leave the game without further warning, if crap related to other games starts taking over here, and I have no qualms to do so in the mid of a turn. If you think you can use such a player, get it running. If not, replace me now. I have no time to waste.

And MZ: Shove your comments. Not all people find the jokes you mention funny.
Old September 23, 2003, 02:03   #163
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
And MZ: Shove your comments. Not all people find the jokes you mention funny.
/me thinks that isn't even worth answering.

Ok, I now have nye's stuff which is the only guy who I was waiting for. Game will be passed to Donegeal by e-mail.

Good luck to all, and if any of you has a crappy start, blame it on me

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 23, 2003, 02:22   #164
Harovan
staff

On a second thought, I think the fun for me in this game is already spoiled. Replace me, I'm out.
Old September 23, 2003, 02:47   #165
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
On a second thought, I think the fun for me in this game is already spoiled. Replace me, I'm out.
Don't worry, once the game starts my precense won't be a bother if that's what pisses you off. In fact this is my last post. Consider the game started as soon as Donegeal gets the save.

Ciao and have fun.

EDIT: Anatolia goes first

Last edited by Master Zen; September 23, 2003 at 03:55.
Old September 23, 2003, 04:31   #166
Master Zen
Deity

On second though before I send the save to Anatolia I'm just going to do some quick testing to see if the upgrade paths are correct for all the UUs and hidden units. It's 3am so I'll send it in the morning.

Old September 23, 2003, 11:32   #167
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
I see bailing is becoming a common trait for you. Me thinks you have thin skin. Adios.
Old September 23, 2003, 11:52   #168
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
In fact this is my last post.
And later........

Quote:
On second though before I send the save to Anatolia I'm just going to do some quick testing to see if the upgrade paths are correct for all the UUs and hidden units. It's 3am so I'll send it in the morning.
Liar! It was NOT your last post!
Old September 23, 2003, 12:58   #169
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Liar! It was NOT your last post!

err... so now what? If I take out a starting position the map will be unbalanced (too much space for his neighbors). So, either

1) SR plays
2) New map with 7 players
3) Replacement

btw, I can't be the replacement because I already know everyone's secret stuff

I think I heard Vel wanting to join?

Old September 23, 2003, 13:46   #170
BigFree
Deity

PM vel MZ. Ask for his secret info if he still wants to play.
Old September 23, 2003, 15:31   #171
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:49
would it be alot of trouble to just alter the map to make it a bit more balanced for 7?
Old September 23, 2003, 15:32   #172
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Okay, you twisted my arm, I'll play Sir Ralph's civ too.

Uh, are there any scary cows?

OR
We could set the eight civ up as a Super AI civ with all of Sir Ralph's settings and pretend its still him.

"Sir Ralph the inflatable Civ Player."

Maybe give him some starting Archers for an early rush............
Old September 23, 2003, 15:35   #173
Harovan
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
I see bailing is becoming a common trait for you.
Not entirely true. I am playing in several games without having any problems and I have a hell lot of fun there. I also already put a big effort in this game. I made a list of city names, a scheme of unit naming and several plans for roleplaying. But alas, some players prefer to spoil my fun rather then to think of something original. Bailing out is not my common trait, bailing out, if I am deliberately being pissed off, however is.

Quote:
Me thinks you have thin skin.
First of all, I have a limited spare time and want to make the best out of it. If I have the choice to go for a beer with my friends, to have a nice evening with the family, to go hiking in the forests and over the hills, and reading through some bad trolls, the latter loses by a landslide.

Quote:
Adios.
Godspeed. Have fun.
Old September 23, 2003, 15:43   #174
Master Zen
Deity

He had wired me 50 euros to get the super-amazing-4-cow-start (tm) , I guess they're now yours... err not!

Ok, I PMed Vel, if he doesn't respond today I'll make a new map.

The thing was that the map I had had it pretty well balanced between 8 and if one were removed one of you would have too much land.

Old September 23, 2003, 15:59   #175
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Not entirely true. I am playing in several games without having any problems and I have a hell lot of fun there. I also already put a big effort in this game. I made a list of city names, a scheme of unit naming and several plans for roleplaying. But alas, some players prefer to spoil my fun rather then to think of something original. Bailing out is not my common trait, bailing out, if I am deliberately being pissed off, however is.
I know this is not my fight since it's really not my PBEM but I just want to make somethings clear. Everyone here has apparently dedicated a lot of time making up their civs, and I spent up to 3 am last night play testing so that it would be just perfect for everyone with no upgrade errors mid-game.

What I feel is that you seem to be particularly intolerant of other people who don't have the same mindset as you, and perhaps don't realize that some of your replies are just as tactless and "trollish" as those you claim to despise. I'm not saying it's just you as I sometimes wonder if my mouth is the same one I kiss my mother with (and the same goes with GF). Still, if you look back, you were the only one who felt insulted at GF's GS joke, considering there are other GS members here I wonder if it was an insult taken as a joke by everyone, or a joke taken as an insult only by you.

What I am saying is if you are making a particularly hostile comment (and saying "shove your comments" is hardly diplomatic) don't expect people won't respond in kind. And don't think you are somehow immune of receiving a similar treatment than that which you dish out to others.

I would really suggest if you spent so much time preparing the game then play it as everyone else is looking forward to it and I wouldn't have offered to set it up if I didn't think it was an incredibly fun concept. Now if the issue is a personal with with me (and I know it is), then it is pretty childish to bail out just like that since I am only involved in setting up the game, once you guys start I will be well away.

Here ends my rant. Sorry to everyone else if something I said directly or indirectly caused someone to quit.

Old September 23, 2003, 16:06   #176
Harovan
staff

Quote:
What I am saying is if you are making a particularly hostile comment (and saying "shove your comments" is hardly diplomatic) don't expect people won't respond in kind. And don't think you are somehow immune of receiving a similar treatment than that which you dish out to others.
You are right. I was upset and still tired, it was 5 minutes after getting up, but this was a bad move. I apologize.

Quote:
Now if the issue is a personal with with me (and I know it is), then it is pretty childish to bail out just like that since I am only involved in setting up the game, once you guys start I will be well away.
It was not an issue I have with you. I was sad and disappointed. I happened to look forward to a fun game, but Ghengis' behavior really pissed me. I was already being called stupid in this thread (and ignored it), but Ghengis' promise to continue trolling did the rest.
Old September 23, 2003, 16:09   #177
BigFree
Deity

Quote:

First of all, I have a limited spare time and want to make the best out of it. If I have the choice to go for a beer with my friends, to have a nice evening with the family, to go hiking in the forests and over the hills, and reading through some bad trolls, the latter loses by a landslide.

Godspeed. Have fun.
Well, good luck to you then finding your fun. I know I will have fun in this game.

I guess you can't be in any game with GF?
Old September 23, 2003, 16:12   #178
Harovan
staff

I am. He behaves there.
Old September 23, 2003, 16:16   #179
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
I am. He behaves there.
What if he starts to 'misbehave' according to you? Will you quit that game too? How much are you going to let one person's posts bother you?
Old September 23, 2003, 16:20   #180
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:

You are right. I was upset and still tired, it was 5 minutes after getting up, but this was a bad move. I apologize.

It was not an issue I have with you. I was sad and disappointed. I happened to look forward to a fun game, but Ghengis' behavior really pissed me. I was already being called stupid in this thread (and ignored it), but Ghengis' promise to continue trolling did the rest.
No sweat, I understand when we're tired we sometimes tend to go overboard and say things we don't normally mean to. I just hope you realize that sometimes people say things which are not meant to be offensive (like GF's wisecracks I mean, hell, we all know GF ).

All of us know each other from quite some time know, there is a loose yet certain "Civ3-Apolyton" bond be it from the demo game, strategy or PBEM community. Instead of looking at each other as complete strangers I think we should see each other more as colleagues or friends to whom we are far more tolerant of witty comments. Obviously none of us puts up with wisecracks on the street, but from our friends we do since we know quite well they aren't said to offend us.

So, you still want to play, Grandmaster Grax?