View Poll Results: What enemy most deserves to join the Apolyton Imperium?
Americans: We want their wonders, we want their river delta 10 90.91%
Greeks: we cannot allow them to continue to grow 0 0%
Zulus: Their offer of a cease fire will not last, let us attack before they do 0 0%
Germans: We do not know much of them, but what better way to learn of them? 0 0%
Russians: We must seek out and destroy them 0 0%
None of the above: This is our best chance to build our forces, let us lay low, defend and allow our enemies to come to us 1 9.09%
We have the Bananas to attack, it does not matter who 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 18, 2003, 00:09   #1
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 03:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
1620 AD Foreign: Who is our greatest threat...and our current target?
We now have embassies with 3 of our enemies, and locations of 4. The Americans and Greeks are currently at war with us, though we have adopted a "defence only" strategy with the Greeks, and have been attempting to build up forces against the Americans. Meanwhile, we have an uneasy Cease Fire with the Zulus, though with our reputation, we do not expect them to hold to this. The Germans have remained neutral, perhaps beleiving that their best path is through peace. We have yet to see the Russians, but that time can not be long in coming.

Therefore, the question I ask of the the populace, is who do we most desire to bring into the umbrella of our new Fundamentalism Imperium?

- The Americans, let us not stop now, we have them on the run and in a favourable form of government, let us not let up

- The Greeks, who for two long have been a thorn in our side, and need to be attacked with passion, before they are allowed to grow stronger

- The Zulus, in a democracy, they best way to slow their growth would be to keep them at war with us, and we need to go through them to get at the Americans anyway

- The Germans, who may seek peace, but will know naught by war!

- The Russians, whereever they are, we should seek out and destroy them

My recommendation is that we continue to move our forces into position to attack the Americans, bribe whatever cities we can afford, and destroy whatever cities our forces can reach. Further, I think we should continue to defend only against the Greeks, and further build our forces to the South / Southeast, in preparation for the battles to come. The Zulus and Germans (and Russians) I think we should leave alone.

I have allowed one vote only in this poll, but if you think we should attack more then one front, choose your #1 opponent, and post below your desire for more

/me Foreign Minister
Old September 18, 2003, 00:20   #2
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Kill the Americans first. They have assets we can use and we did *not* forbid ourselves the ability to capture cities with Wonders.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old September 18, 2003, 01:19   #3
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Let them strike up the Yankee Doodle, against the mighty imperial forces.
Old September 18, 2003, 10:55   #4
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 10:54
Americans first, we can attack them in the delta even without Engineers

The Germans are are currently building Mike's, this wonder would give us a LOT of money each turn
We might considder them to be second.
(Or even switch from Americans to Germans after we have taken the riverdelta and Washington)
Old September 18, 2003, 17:25   #5
Zedd
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 04:54
With the Americans, but I don't want those Greeks getting too cocky because of their rise on the power graph. A few strategic strikes on some key cities would help to keep them in line.

I seem to remember spliting the empire into providences for defense and build purposes, maybe one of those providences nearest the greeks could build some cuc's and diplos to pay them a visit.
Old September 19, 2003, 08:21   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:54
The Americans have been enemies of the Imperium for too long! The people deeply desire that the pompous Americans be firmly put in their place - it is time for the Imperium to mobilise for a Great War of Showing Them Who's Boss once more. The Romans have already felt our steel - now shall the Americans face our fanatic fury, and fantastic firearms!

We shouldn't care too much about Russia - they emerged only from the death of Rom (not all that long ago), and they can't have much that is worth the effort ATM.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 19, 2003, 11:51   #7
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

A unanimous poll????????

Verily, the ppl hath spake!

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten