Old May 24, 2000, 02:59   #1
Eternal
King

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Problem with scenario
I have made a Desert Storm scenario- made all the units, icons, and terrains. Then I actually started placing cities and such. When I end the turn, it crashes (the box offers Close or Details) consistently. It must be something withe either the units or the technologies, but I just can't put my finger on it. Any help would be much obliged.

------------------
"Anarchy is the stepping stone to power." -Napoleon Bonoparte
Old May 24, 2000, 03:29   #2
Scott F
Prince

Check your tech tree.

It is possible to have a tech be its own prerequisite. For example, suppose steel needs metalurgy to be researched, but steel is a prerequisite for metalurgy.

That is a crude example, but I know it can cause that exact thing to happen with scenarios.
Old May 24, 2000, 04:20   #3
Cam
King

Local Time: 15:28
I'm with Scott on this one - it does sound like a problem with rules.txt somewhere. I'm actually surprised that you can play a turn, as I vaguely recalled that when I hit such mistakes the game crashed at the start of the turn, not the end. Out of curiosity, do you have any strange 'give technology' events that might trigger on the first turn?

A less likely cause might be that you have too much multi-tasking going on, which may be interfering with Civ2. Close down any memory hungry programs that might be open (e.g. 3-D graphics software, other games running concurrently, etc.).
Old May 24, 2000, 17:20   #4
Eternal
King

I had went over the tech tree once and couldn't see any problem, but I just copied the old main tech tree over it, and I guess there was a bad pre-req in there, and it's all fixed now. The scenario will be together soon. Thanks.

------------------
"Anarchy is the stepping stone to power." -Napoleon Bonoparte