View Poll Results: Next step in the game
Wait for all the goverment's system details 2 25.00%
Start right now! 4 50.00%
Select a system for the knesset 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 18, 2003, 16:37   #1
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Next Step
Ok guys, in order to speed up this game I think we should vote what it our next step. The options are

1. Wait in order to select ALL detalis about the goverment (will be a knesset or no?)

2. Start the game right now via selecting a Prime Minister by a direct vote, and let the PM to write, by consensus, a Constitution.

3. Select a system for the Knesset (Parlament) and then vote a Knesset which will select the PM.

This poll has a timeout of 48 hours, that is the maximum time I'll allow this to be open. I vote for the second option, in order to don't waste more time!
Old September 19, 2003, 08:39   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 04:56
Start RIGHT NOW!

I nominate Pinky Gen for Prime Minister!
Old September 19, 2003, 12:25   #3
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

I tried to vote, but my session is invalid.
I voted for the second option. I nominate EmuGod
Old September 19, 2003, 15:15   #4
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 08:56
I voted start now, as it seems we have spent a lot of time already discussing governments, and the game seems to be moving no where.
Old September 19, 2003, 16:12   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
I voted start now, as it seems we have spent a lot of time already discussing governments, and the game seems to be moving no where.
OK, but we want to know if you accept your nomination or not?
Old September 19, 2003, 18:57   #6
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 03:56
most definitely NOT option 2. One person writing a CON is silly since this is a DEMOCRACY game
Old September 19, 2003, 20:14   #7
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

I'm working out the bugs in a modification of the Israeli election system that we can use. My government proposal is basically a modified version of H Tower's proposal.
Old September 19, 2003, 23:11   #8
PinkyGen
Prince

There seems to be a slight favor for refining a system more, and I must say that even if I was PM, I would prefer to have a system already in place, rather than impose my own (even if it would be stolen....errr... "borrowed" from Htower's).

I am somewhat disturbed we only have 5 votes on this thing. Maybe we need to offer people bananas, or in this case, matzah.
Old September 20, 2003, 09:03   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
I am somewhat disturbed we only have 5 votes on this thing. Maybe we need to offer people bananas, or in this case, matzah.
Hey thats right! Where is the BANANA OPTION!

Yaro you are in BIG trouble!

Old September 20, 2003, 09:08   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
I'm working out the bugs in a modification of the Israeli election system that we can use. My government proposal is basically a modified version of H Tower's proposal.
I hope this is NOT any more complicated than H Tower's.

His proposal is the cleanest and most elegant proposal we have right now. I cant speak for everyone else but I will NOT be in favor of anything that adds more layers.

I say we start simple, if we need additional positions we add as we go along.

The lack of voting on this topic leads me to believe folks are losing interest. We do not have enough folks for a complicated government. Even if it is well thought out and realistic.

Just MHO!
Old September 20, 2003, 10:27   #11
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 10:56
Can we start the game allredy?
Old September 20, 2003, 16:38   #12
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The number of votes of 'wait for all the details' and 'select a system for the Knesset' is equall to the number of votes of 'start right now!', so let's wait a little more

Ok, guys, that is what I suggest: we don't have enoguh people to have a 'real' Knesset, so all the citizies (we're not many) are going to be members of the Knesset (Parlameint). There will be no problem in being, at the same time, member of the Parlameint and a military officer (I know that in Israel it is not true, but...). Let's hold elections right now to elect president and play with HTower System.

This way, is like a direct election, but some parties can sign alliances and impose a PM. What do you think? Anyway, in order to retain players, we need to start ASAP, IMHO.

(Sorry for not having banana )
Old September 20, 2003, 19:39   #13
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 05:56
Let's outline government.
Old September 20, 2003, 21:31   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Let's outline government.
El, check out this thread:

On Possible Governments
Old September 22, 2003, 16:31   #15
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
The number of votes of 'wait for all the details' and 'select a system for the Knesset' is equall to the number of votes of 'start right now!', so let's wait a little more

Ok, guys, that is what I suggest: we don't have enoguh people to have a 'real' Knesset, so all the citizies (we're not many) are going to be members of the Knesset (Parlameint). There will be no problem in being, at the same time, member of the Parlameint and a military officer (I know that in Israel it is not true, but...). Let's hold elections right now to elect president and play with HTower System.

This way, is like a direct election, but some parties can sign alliances and impose a PM. What do you think? Anyway, in order to retain players, we need to start ASAP, IMHO.

(Sorry for not having banana )
hi ,

, valid points there Yaro , ......

one think comes to mind that someone mentionted in a chat a long time ago with a game ; " its Quality that matters , not Quantity " , ......

have a nice day
Old September 22, 2003, 16:49   #16
yaroslav
Emperor

Thank you, panag and I agree about quality over quantity (it can be our IDF motto!)

What do you think other players? Please Emugod or HTower if you don't find a better solution, open tomorrow a thread for PM election (I'll be out tomorrow) Thank you all.
Old September 22, 2003, 16:53   #17
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Thank you, panag and I agree about quality over quantity (it can be our IDF motto!)

What do you think other players? Please Emugod or HTower if you don't find a better solution, open tomorrow a thread for PM election (I'll be out tomorrow) Thank you all.
hi ,

well in order to get more players we need some " exposure " , write a line in your sig like panag has done from day one , maybe a small story for the newssection , etc , ........

give it a week and we should get about 15-20 more people , then hold elections , .....

have a nice day
Old September 22, 2003, 17:56   #18
yaroslav
Emperor

Good idea, link added to my sig!
Old September 23, 2003, 13:31   #19
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

As president of the regular civ2 demogame it seems unwise to advertise this game in my sig.

Btw, the civgroupicon isnt working.
Old September 23, 2003, 16:45   #20
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by atawa
As president of the regular civ2 demogame it seems unwise to advertise this game in my sig.

Btw, the civgroupicon isnt working.
hi ,

why not , .....

plenty of space in the sig for links , .......

have a nice day
Old September 27, 2003, 13:29   #21
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 03:56
May I suggest our next step should be asking for nominations to the Knesset? I suggest there be 5 positions in the knesset who will then select a Prime Minister from the group.

I suggest there be one election, where you can vote for a mximum of 5 people.
However, how do we deal with possible vote fraud? Make everyone post their votes?

After being selected, the PM places members of the Knesset in the various cabinet positions (Economy and Science, Infrastructure and settlement, Defense, One additional member with no job)
Old September 27, 2003, 13:49   #22
Dr. Nick
Deity

Indeed, let's get the game moving!
Old September 27, 2003, 16:07   #23
yaroslav
Emperor

I've suggested a system for the knesset here:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=96830

but I think that HTower's system is better (no flaws) and easier. So, if no one has problems with it, I suggest that HTower start tomorrow a thread where we will post our votes... the problem is how we will post our votes: plain text, e-mail to an organizer... any ideas?
Old September 27, 2003, 17:04   #24
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
May I suggest our next step should be asking for nominations to the Knesset? I suggest there be 5 positions in the knesset who will then select a Prime Minister from the group.

I suggest there be one election, where you can vote for a mximum of 5 people.
However, how do we deal with possible vote fraud? Make everyone post their votes?

After being selected, the PM places members of the Knesset in the various cabinet positions (Economy and Science, Infrastructure and settlement, Defense, One additional member with no job)
hi ,

dont forget foreign affairs and interior , two key places since the birth of our country , ......

have a nice day
Old September 27, 2003, 17:27   #25
Dr. Nick
Deity

We should organise the parties before we hold Knesset elections.
Old September 27, 2003, 18:01   #26
yaroslav
Emperor

There are already three parties, Martín:

-Harmonic party (lead by HTower)
-One Israel (lead by PinkyGen)
-Centre Party (lead by Emugod)

Old September 27, 2003, 18:02   #27
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
There are already three parties, Martín:

-Harmonic party (lead by HTower)
-One Israel (lead by PinkyGen)
-Centre Party (lead by Emugod)

hi ,

dont forget no four ; the likud under panag

have a nice day
Old September 28, 2003, 13:56   #28
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

I fit does not have at least 2 members then it is not an official party, panag,
Old September 28, 2003, 14:01   #29
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
I fit does not have at least 2 members then it is not an official party, panag,
hi ,

héy , lots of parties started out small , ......

have a nice day
Old September 28, 2003, 15:08   #30
PinkyGen
Prince

Panag, I though you were in One Israel, I have you on the official party list.