Old September 18, 2003, 19:21   #1
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Chat 3 Progress...
These are the higlights of the 3rd chat:
  • Moved some units around.
  • Scout died against a Barbarian unit.
  • Spanish have Masonry.
  • New Asgard builds new Warrior "Kloreep".
  • Spanish have The Wheel.
  • Spanish refuse to trade Alphabet.
  • Barbarians are quite scared of us.

Update to follow.

Screenshot 2850 BC:

Screenshot 2710 BC:

Save 2670 BC:
http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Mak...ings2670BC.SAV

Last edited by BigFurryMonster; September 18, 2003 at 19:51.
Old September 18, 2003, 21:15   #2
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:57
A rendition of the glorious Viking Empire circa 2550 BC:

Highlights as of chat end:

- We now have a band of archers (led by Konan) and 5 roving bands of our best Viking warriors, led by myself (Makahlua), OctavianX, Nuclear Master, Kloreep and Ormzud. Well 3 'roving', actually; I and NM are watching the home fires at New Asgard and Valhalla and bonking the heads of the unruly

- Our last scout, Brave Sir Robin died an honorable death exposing the lurking barbarians and giving us the position of a tribe being terroroized by them - in gratitude for their rescue, the Vandals have taught us the secret of Mystisicm! Which was then traded to Spain + 86 gold for the secret of the rune scribbles known as Alphabet. They have also recently discovered some odd contraption called a Wheel as well as Masonry which builds sturdier walls, so they claim The elders tell me it will still be another 12 of their 'turns' before they can duplicate the Spaniard's 'Bronze Working' discovery, though.

- The barbs are so scared of us, they took a falied swipe at Ormzud the Warrior and now cower in their camps like the little children they are Both Konan the Archer and OctavianX have both also had success fending off the barbarian rabble, although only OctavianX has earned a Veteran's helm for his warriors so far. However we have a continuing threat, for the barbarians include one band of warriors whom ride horses

- New Asgard has organized a band of settlers, who are headed to make a thriving fishing and trade village along the northern river(upper right of picture); Valhalla is also organizing a band whom are set to head for the foothills of the western mountains to form a lofty city above the plains. (see the 4.5 ring plan in the '3rd viking city' thread)

The save is here for those interested Log to follow later.
Old September 18, 2003, 23:08   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:57
Fantastic write-up and great session! I really need to get to one of these.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 19, 2003, 00:26   #4
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 04:57
oops, forgot about this
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old September 19, 2003, 00:31   #5
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:57
Great job guys and gals!! I wish I could have joined but I was at work for part of it and then discovered my internet had gone down at home. But at least the game is in capable hands.
Old September 19, 2003, 02:56   #6
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 10:57
we hope so too
Old September 19, 2003, 08:42   #7
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Oh this golden coast....We need Map Making as fast as possible
Old September 19, 2003, 12:33   #8
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:57
Do not destroy the barbarian camps!!! They are a gift from accross the bifrost bridge! Let us train our warriors and ARCHERS on the decrepid scum given to us for sacrifice!!!!
Old September 19, 2003, 14:16   #9
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:57
Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
Do not destroy the barbarian camps!!! They are a gift from accross the bifrost bridge! Let us train our warriors and ARCHERS on the decrepid scum given to us for sacrifice!!!!
Hmm... if they were at the end of the earth, I would agree with you, but who knows what might lie beyond?

Plus, we'll have to settle a city near there eventually, before the AI does. I suppose we could intentionally avoid culture buildings there, though.
Old September 22, 2003, 17:24   #10
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
hi ,

, agreed , but we shall need to destroy at least one to go and see what lays behind it , .......

have a nice day