Old September 20, 2003, 15:52   #31
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 16:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
Congrats, Serb.

And pass along my best wishes to your fiance.

Thanks DanS, I hope you meant finance.

Finance is my major concern actually.
Old September 20, 2003, 15:55   #32
Serb
Emperor

Guys, I can’t reply to everyone who posted here, because of two reasons:
a) I’m drunk.
b) I want to sleep.

Thank you very much for you condolences guys, but I’m going to bed.

P.S. It’s almost three o clock of the morning here in Siberia.
P.P.S. I’m officially engaged since September 16, btw. For guys who can read Russian and know wthat the hell I’m talking about, I can add that we “poadali zayavlenie v zags 16-go sentyabrya”
Old September 20, 2003, 15:58   #33
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 02:01
I demand pictures!

Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:03   #34
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 11:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Serb

Thanks DanS, I hope you meant finance.

Finance is my major concern actually.

It's always that damn money I know

Be careful with that Serb and you'll do alright (you don't have any choice anyway )
Old September 20, 2003, 16:06   #35
Serb
Emperor

Nah. I want a son, after a couple of years of course, but she wants it now. Damn, if she want it in Paris, on Eiffel’s tower, let it be so. How can I deny to my bellowed baby?
As I’ve said earlier…I’m in deep sh!t.
She is crazy about all things French.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:15   #36
Serb
Emperor

Ect,
I’ll post some pictures after my wedding, I promise. It will be the first time I’ll post pictures of my future wife and myself.

P.S. Damn, “ My wife”. Nah, I can’t believer this. Nooooooooooooooooooooo j/k

She will kill me, if she’ll ever read this thread.
Wtf, I’m talking about? Except Russian she could read only French. So, I’m a happy man.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:16   #37
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
She is crazy about all things French.
Don't let her near Spiffor.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:16   #38
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Serb,
Well you will talk it over and find a solution.

Be careful though it's damn cold up in the Eiffel's tower

The only drawback for making your kid in Paris is him/her asking for croissants every morning But you can put it back in line
Old September 20, 2003, 16:19   #39
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
you don't have any choice anyway
I know brother.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:19   #40
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 10:01
Quote:
Keep dreaming.
My bride is telling my so. She wants a baby, but she wants to make it in Paris. Can you imagine? ME, making my son in Paris?
I can imagine. Actually, nearly all Russian women are attracted by this city like moths by the light. Have your honeymoon there. But don't forget money, and a lot of it. Well, if you are the head of the Siberian branch of the Russian mafia (and I'm sure you are ), that won't be a problem.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:24   #41
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

Don't let her near Spiffor.
Don’t worry, I’ll do.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:30   #42
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Hey Serb don't let her step on your foot when the priest says: And the woman shall fear the man

I don't know if you also have that custome.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:32   #43
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 09:01
Old September 20, 2003, 16:40   #44
Oerdin
Deity

Sorry Tass but they ditched that flag right around the same time they melted down all the statues of Lenin.
Old September 20, 2003, 16:41   #45
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph

I can imagine. Actually, nearly all Russian women are attracted by this city like moths by the light. Have your honeymoon there. But don't forget money, and a lot of it. Well, if you are the head of the Siberian branch of the Russian mafia (and I'm sure you are ), that won't be a problem.
Fortunately I'm not, but I guess I can afford a trip to Paris. (Sure I would prefer other city like Tokyo or Shanghai, but who cares about my opinion?)
As for honey month, unfortunately my vacation is almost over. She can’t leave her job too, so I’m afraid there will be no honey month and trip will be delayed to next summer.

Last edited by Serb; September 20, 2003 at 17:00.
Old September 20, 2003, 17:04   #46
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Sorry Tass but they ditched that flag right around the same time they melted down all the statues of Lenin.
Wrong.
It’s official banner of Russian Armed Forces- one of the sate symbols of Russian Federation, btw.

P.S. I'm
Old September 20, 2003, 17:11   #47
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

I don't know you, but that shall not keep me from saying CONGRATULATIONS

I am a happily married man myself, and I can truthfully say that married life is a bliss

Asmodean
Old September 20, 2003, 17:17   #48
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Hey Serb don't let her step on your foot when the priest says: And the woman shall fear the man

I don't know if you also have that custome.
Don’t worry. There will be no priest. At least at near future. I don’t know how to say it on English, but at Nov 14 – the day of our wedding, here will be a “post” in Russia. A time when no weddings allowed and a time when Church says what to eat. Next year is bad for wedding (again I don't know how to say it, in February of next year will be 29 days or so. A year which happens only every 4 times.) So, we decided that there will be only official/state ceremony and will go to Church after one year. I know we Russians are crazy, but I hope you as an Orthodox bro will understand wtf, I just have posted.
I'm not a heretic. First state wedding, then will go to Church. It's ok in Russia if there will be a year between those two ceremonies. I hope you'll understand.
Old September 20, 2003, 17:28   #49
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:

Don’t worry. There will be no priest. At least at near future. I don’t know how to say it on English, but at Nov 14 – the day of our wedding, here will be a “post” in Russia. A time when no weddings allowed and a time when Church says what to eat. Next year is bed for wedding in Church, so we decided that there will be only official/state ceremony and will go to Church after one year. I know we Russians are crazy, but I hope you as an Orthodox bro will understand wtf, I just have posted.
OK, I didn't understand all of that but maybe because I'm not very religious myself and don't know all the festivities of the Church

Quote:
I'm not a heretic. First state wedding, then will go to Church. It's ok in Russia if there will be a year between those two ceremonies. I hope you'll understand.
Yes sometimes this is also done here. But the Orthodox Church (which is quite powerful) has made both religious and state marriages to be the same. So if you're married in a Church wedding it is like you are automatically married in a State wedding too.

Some people (a very small number) decide to only do a state wedding but I think our Orthodox weddings are fun because they are so extravagant Assuming we can survive untill the parties end

Anyway it is better to have state marriage first and then church wedding because at least here the preparations for church wedding are most of the time very $$$$$$$ expensive

We also call it honey month = minas tou melitos - month of the honey
Old September 20, 2003, 17:38   #50
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Serb,
Well you will talk it over and find a solution.

Be careful though it's damn cold up in the Eiffel's tower
And how many kinds you’ve made there?
j/k of course

Quote:
The only drawback for making your kid in Paris is him/her asking for croissants every morning But you can put it back in line
Thanks for the warning. My future wife already demands this French crap (I mean croissants) and coffee in bed at the morning morning. To my luck we wake up together not so frequently currently. (And to be honest I must add that she brings beer in bed for me more frequently than I brings coffee in bed for her).
Old September 20, 2003, 17:48   #51
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 18:01
Nice one...
Old September 20, 2003, 17:49   #52
Bereta_Eder
Settler

It sounds like a good compromise Serb May you be happy

(Unfortunately I haven't err.. planted the seed for any kids in Eiffel's tower The one time I went there though my butt (and other organs) froze from the cold, so it would take effort )

Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 20, 2003 at 17:55.
Old September 20, 2003, 17:58   #53
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
OK, I didn't understand all of that but maybe because I'm not very religious myself and don't know all the festivities of the Church
I'm not religious myself too, but she is.
As for what I was trying to said, is that next year will be one day longer that previous three years and that its old Russian, I don't know perhaps "sign" is a proper word, that in such year a marriage will be unsuccessful. It's just our local insanity. Orthodox Church doesn't restrict marriages in such years.

Quote:
Yes sometimes this is also done here. But the Orthodox Church (which is quite powerful) has made both religious and state marriages to be the same. So if you're married in a Church wedding it is like you are automatically married in a State wedding too.
Russian Orthodox Church isn't so powerfull yet. It's separated from the state by consitution, but many people here prefer mariage in Church and consider that's enough.

Quote:
Some people (a very small number) decide to only do a state wedding but I think our Orthodox weddings are fun because they are so extravagant Assuming we can survive untill the parties end

Quote:
Anyway it is better to have state marriage first and then church wedding because at least here the preparations for church wedding are most of the time very $$$$$$$ expensive
Wedding in Church isn't more expensive than state wedding here, the party after the wedding is, and it doesn't matter where wedding was in Church or in magistrate.

Quote:
We also call it honey month = minas tou melitos - month of the honey
Cool.
Now I know know how to impress my wife in our first night- I'll say a three words in Greek.Thanks.

Last edited by Serb; September 20, 2003 at 18:06.
Old September 20, 2003, 18:08   #54
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:
I'm not religious myself too, but she is.
As for what I was trying to said, is that next year will be one day longer that previous three years and that its old Russian, I don't know perhaps "sign" is a proper word/ that in such year marriage will be unsuccessful. It's just our local insanity; Church doesn't restrict marriages in such years.
AHA! Now I understand it. We have it here too. It's called the "dysekto etos" here. We have that insanity/superstition too

Quote:
Wedding in Church isn't expensive here. The party after the wedding is and it doesn't matter where wedding was in Church or in magistrate.
Yep same here. Although a Church wedding would have some added expences. But yes you are right it is the after the wedding party that is expensive.

Quote:
Cool.
Now I know know how to impress my wife in our first night- I'll say a three words in Greek.Thanks.

Isn't that nice? We both call it honey month! (30 days of honey )

Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 20, 2003 at 18:45.
Old September 20, 2003, 19:58   #55
The Vagabond
Prince

Congrats, Serb! And condolences too. But congrats outweigh here
Old September 20, 2003, 20:10   #56
Lincoln
King

Wishing you and your fiance a happy future together, Serb.
Old September 25, 2003, 11:17   #57
Serb
Emperor

Hey, who wanted some pics here?
Here I am.
Serb the terrible and his magic fireball.

Last edited by Serb; March 18, 2010 at 18:14.
Old September 25, 2003, 11:22   #58
Oerdin
Deity

Not you. The girl!

Old September 25, 2003, 11:23   #59
Serb
Emperor

I know that something is terribly wrong with my head on this picture, but wtf? I’m just started to play with my new digital camera. If you think it’s easy to make a good shot of yourself while holding a camera in your right hand, go ahead and try.

Last edited by Serb; March 18, 2010 at 18:13.
Old September 25, 2003, 11:26   #60
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Not you. The girl!

Sorry. Don’t have any digital pictures of her yet, but I guess soon I’ll make a couple.