Old December 29, 2003, 00:13   #91
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Cap'n Herc, in the interest of securing support from other factions at this crucial time, I would suggest that this is not the opportune moment to bring up allegations against Googlie (which, frankly, I myself feel are unfounded).

Last edited by foolish_icarus; December 29, 2003 at 00:21.
Old December 29, 2003, 00:35   #92
foolish_icarus
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Perhaps we need a PR assault.

Yes, but make it in-character, it will work much better.
Old December 29, 2003, 00:40   #93
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:05
I am not bringing up allegations against Googlie.

What I am suggesting is his launch of a thread entitled

Humane Treatment of Prisoners of War

was inappropriate at this time.
Old December 29, 2003, 00:47   #94
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Foolish_ icarus: you should not underestimate the PR skills of the Cycon pair, especially Drogue. This was/is a carefully planned PR exercise. They have been lobbying the Hive and Put since way back.

Fair play. But I do not like a 'prompted' thread such as this, but if that is the way it works then I want to draw peoples attention to it.
Old December 29, 2003, 00:50   #95
Hercules
Deity

In the meantime could you look at the turn and offer some suggestioins.
Old December 29, 2003, 00:53   #96
Hercules
Deity

Foolish_ icarus
Quote:
Yes, but make it in-character, it will work much better.
Fair point. So help rephrase everything.
Old December 29, 2003, 01:29   #97
foolish_icarus
King

Right. I saw how they twisted the last disagreement we had, and the one before that, and have in general been diplomatically devious. Thus the best way to engage them is not directly, because regardless of who is in the right, they are smooth talkers. But IC accounts will be much more difficult to twist. I'll start on some now.

My suggestions can be found in the turn thread.
Old December 29, 2003, 11:10   #98
Hercules
Deity

Btw this reply from Archaic. ( in an aside I wonder where Archaic'solo effort places the returned Moomin?)

Captain

Flubber has not contacted me at all in the last year.

With regards to the first issue, the PUT will not declare war on the
Cyborgs. We affirm our ethical opposition to senseless war, and will
maintain absolute neutrality in this conflict. We do not consider our pacts
or treaties with either side to be violating this neutrality, as these are
primarily economic agreements.

With regard to the second issue, the agreement you made was made with a
person who, as decided by the current university leadership, was not in a
position to make the agreement. We understand your disappointment, but given
that your faction includes citizens such as Flubber and yourself, we are
sure you will understand our position in this matter.

Chancellor (Formerly Dean) Archaic

----Original Message Follows----
Reply-To: cathal.mullaghan@ntlworld.com
To: Archaic
Subject: Re PEACE PUT dip
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:58:37 +0000

Dean Archaic

I wondered has Ambassador Flubber been in contact.

If not, we wish to talk to you on some matters.

1 Re affirmation of our PACT and specifically your asssistance by
asking you to declare vendetta on the Cycon (as the AI version of the
PUT has done).

2 Our disappointment at your reneging on the recent negotiated tech
exchange (though I am glad the tech wasn't passed over so that the Cycon
could steal it.

Cap'n Hercules

Last edited by Hercules; December 29, 2003 at 12:20.
Old December 29, 2003, 11:11   #99
Hercules
Deity

Sorry for double post.

In meantime I have heard from Honghu, who says Voltaire is back and is their Ambassador.

However The Hive haven't yet answered our questions.

Last edited by Hercules; December 29, 2003 at 12:19.
Old December 30, 2003, 12:42   #100
Hercules
Deity

This today from Honghu.

I assume you must have voted for the Drones for we haven't got back in time
to you because of my fault. But if you did vote for us I could certainly
work on a trade deal with you. As for the CC pact I think it is very likely
we will renew it although I suppose I need to set up a poll. With the mixed
sentiment in the Hive I am not sure about anything any more.
Old December 30, 2003, 17:00   #101
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 04:05
Quote:
Captain (Hercules)... the agreement you made was made with a person who, as decided by the current university leadership, was not in a position to make the agreement. We understand your disappointment, but given that your faction includes citizens such as Flubber and yourself, we are sure you will understand our position in this matter.
Chancellor (Formerly Dean) Archaic
What exactlly does that mean anyway?

This business of repudiating stuff - because a person or persons is not available / is no longer around / couldn't have done it anyway - is becoming tiresome.
Old December 30, 2003, 20:11   #102
foolish_icarus
King

no **** -- like those damn cybrogs spamming up the "prisoner of war" thread when none of us were even here
Old December 30, 2003, 22:07   #103
Hercules
Deity

JD Muller

Quote:
What exactlly does that mean anyway?

This business of repudiating stuff - because a person or persons is not available / is no longer around /
couldn't have done it anyway - is becoming tiresome.
I think it refers to the recent crisis in the PUT camp. Whereby the PUt were about to pack it in for lack of players in the PUT team/ and or difficulty with internal communications. Anyway the wider ACDG community preferred the PUT team to continue, with Archaic playing it as a pbem (ie no team) rather than have it disbanded or absorbed.

As a result he felt free to renege on deals struck by the previous regime, which was General Tacticus (who also resigned from PUT but is now sort of homeless).

As you might have read, I too was pissed off unhappy about this decision.

I put some of his decision down to Cycon propoganda ( guessing)
Old December 31, 2003, 02:28   #104
Hercules
Deity

Perhaps Chancellor Archaic thought we were to cosy to the Hive. And this too influenced his thinking.

But since he has expressed opposition to senseless war maybe he can be prevailed upon for assistance. I am think ecs here to buy Non Linear, which we could even send him back.
Old December 31, 2003, 19:20   #105
Hercules
Deity

Happy New year ye Pirate scallywags. I hope we survive and can kick bottoms in 2004.

Oh and Happy New Year ye old Rascal Googlie
Old December 31, 2003, 20:10   #106
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

/me toasts the rest of the PEACE crew with some fine Aussie shiraz she hid away on the Unity*

Happy New Year!

(because I know I'll forget later )
Old January 1, 2004, 00:39   #107
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:

Oh and Happy New Year ye old Rascal Googlie
Harrrumph

(I'd like to say that I played forward 20 years, and as PEACE, roundly trounced those Cyborgs. But I didn't (play ahead) so I can't)

Happy New Year to all the Peaceniks

G.
Old January 1, 2004, 00:48   #108
foolish_icarus
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie

(I'd like to say that I played forward 20 years, and as #factionname, roundly trounced those #archenemies. But I didn't (play ahead) so I can't)

how often did you post this?

Happy new year all
Old January 1, 2004, 14:42   #109
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by foolish_icarus
how often did you post this?
Just once - here. Why?
Old January 1, 2004, 16:08   #110
foolish_icarus
King

good to know
Old January 1, 2004, 22:57   #111
Hercules
Deity

Picked this up from Honghu's out burst against Jamski

Quote:
Another example. I asked you can you read the CC relationship thread and present your valuable insights. And
you PMed back saying something like "I got the deal with Drogue 6 weeks ago. Of course I'm in favor." What
you didn't know was since 6 weeks ago how many rounds of dip talks between the Hive and the CC had
happened.
Views?
Old January 1, 2004, 23:28   #112
Hercules
Deity

I assume this refers to the offer of a Pact from the CC. However the timing is interesting.

Could the CC talk to the Hive 6 weeks ago (must check previous turns)?. This will be closely related, in time to the blow up with the Borg, I guess.
Old January 5, 2004, 22:59   #113
Hercules
Deity

It might be useful if Flubber contacted the Hive re intelligence on Cycon Their build programme and if they have any more craft out there.

Also did anyone contact the Drones.
Old January 6, 2004, 13:16   #114
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

I would suggest that Cap'n Maki, as the turn player, feel free to contact other factions on any time critical matters whenever our normal diplomatic channels do not seem to be functioning quickly enough. Preferably there would be coordination with Cap'n/Ambas'dor Flubber, but if he is unavailable due to holidays or whatever reason, then at least there would be some diplomatic efforts going on.
Old January 6, 2004, 19:21   #115
Hercules
Deity

I will contact Flubber to see if he wants to undertake a diplomatic barrage to see if we can obtain any other faction's support or insight or intelligence vis avis cycon.
Old January 6, 2004, 20:16   #116
Hercules
Deity

Well I got a reply back from Ambassador Flubber, just now.

Extract

Quote:
sorry I have not been more involved and I should relinquish the role of ambassador for a while since work and
personal commitments are pressing-- I don't have time for an intense diplomatic effort right now.

That said- I have responded to and posted in our forums EVERY message I ever got from any other factions-- I
just don't usually have the time to go through our game turn- or try to tarck down who in the other factions we
are supposed to talk to - or more accurately, when I do have the time, the turn has already been passed on

I think we wish to thank Ambassador Flubber for his diplomatic spell and let's hope we can survive, for his return.
Old January 7, 2004, 07:27   #117
Hercules
Deity

I sent this to my contacts in the Drones.

Greetings, the noble workers.

Due to work and other commitments Ambassador Flubber of the Pirates has
stepped down for the time being.

Until we elect a new ambassador I be the acting Diplmat for the Pirates.

I wondered if you could advise we who be yer ambassador and the contact
details.

As you know we voted for ye in the last elections and it would have
being appreciated if we had received some acknowledgement of that fact.

Cuspidore BB had contacted Foreman Buster recently but again we have
received no response.

Unless it is the policy of the Free Drones to simply be non
communicative.

I would appreciate a response

Yours heartily

Cap'n Hercules
Old January 7, 2004, 07:46   #118
Hercules
Deity

And this to Honghu:

Dear esteemed Comrade Honghu,

Due to work and other commitments Ambassador Flubber has stepped down
temporarily. Pending the election of a new ambassador for the Pirates, I
am the acting Ambassador ( and you may also be contacted by Maki (our
turn player), acting in a similar capacity.

Anyhow the purpose of the call is to enquire as to how we can enlist
your assistance in our battle with the Borg. And if so what sort of
assistance you feel you could offfer.

Yours

Cap'n Hercules

PS Could you please forward this to whomever is your Ambassador. ( I
still don't have Voltaire's email address?) and I am not a big fan of
PMs.

Note I sent the earlier Drones communique to Jtsiyoda and mongoose.
Old January 7, 2004, 13:39   #119
Hercules
Deity

This reply from Jstisyoda:

Quote:

Herc,
I have posted your message in the Drone forum. I can't comment on the Drone
official position, but personally I'm grateful for the votes and have
started lobbying for a modest thank you gift.
-Yoda
Old January 7, 2004, 22:02   #120
Hercules
Deity

And this reply from Mongoose

Quote:
Herc,

I haven't had anything to do with the ACDG in over a month...maybe two
months. I am afraid I know less about the Drone position than do you.

Mong