Old January 8, 2004, 00:35   #121
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
And finally this from Honghu

Quote:
Dear Cap'n Hercules,

I have forwarded your message to Chairman Voltaire and will post your
message to the Hive Forum. The Hive is currently having some internal chaos
due to a recent riot and the ongoing government restruction. However I will
personally ensure that your message gets delivered and discussed.

Comrade HongHu
Hey where is everybody ? have ye all jumped ship.
Old January 8, 2004, 01:44   #122
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 04:05
Nah, just palying some Conquests - just hit the modern age about 3/4 an age ahead of the closest AI and just have finish off the middle ages Inca and early industrial age Koreans and I'll own my home continent

Can't decide if I just got a good start or if I need to take a swing at monarch again
Old January 8, 2004, 02:03   #123
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
I'm finally back from my computer being down... I'm catching up on some of the threads I'm subbed to and then I'll peruse around the threads I'm not to figure out what's going on...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old January 13, 2004, 21:50   #124
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

This by PM fom Honghu.

I personally will not be part of a submissive set up. So I favour a version of the first option and Enigma's suggestion. Can Maki contact Enigma to check how official his offer is?

Otoh it is a bit like that dip ploy: there's this course of action or total world war three or there is our proposal.

Please post views and I will respond as soon as I can.

(I will be back on my own humble computer tomorrow)

Cap'n Hercules

Official Hive Message

Dear Cap’n Hercules,

Seeing that it had not been successful for us to establish contact through MSN channels I decided that I should take another approach. The topic is sensitive but we are running out of time so I feel that waiting will not be beneficial to either of us. Please be assured that we the Hive has the best intentions toward PEACE, our pact brothers. And please forgive us if any of the suggestions below has violated the spirits of the courageous and fearless captains.

It is the consensus in the Hive that we are not happy to see a war between the two pact brothers of the Hive. It will be a great loss to the Hive as well as all people in the planet if any of the factions is denied their rights to

live and develop. The Hive has determined that it will offer help to the PEACE in its hardest time.

What is still a question is how the Hive could do its best to help PEACE while maintaining its integrity. Two basic approaches have been proposed. According to the first approach, the Hive will be able to provide limited help to the PEACE through trading. The PEACE has techs that the Hive desires, such as Adaptive Economics (and perhaps Doc: Initiatives and others). The most needed tech that may help the PEACE we believe are HEC (+3 armor) and Doc: Loyalty (defense perimeter). We do not have HEC however we do have prototyped units with +3 armors. It is proposed that if the PEACE sent us Adap Eco and a cruiser, we could upgrade a foil that is currently rather close to your territory to plasma and transfer it to you with the tech Loyalty. This is normal tech trading that has been observed among all factions and by doing this the Hive considers it has not violated its agreement to the CCs by assisting its enemy faction. Although, it is expected that the CCs is likely to think differently.

Another approach would perhaps enable the Hive to assist the PEACE to the maximum degree. If the PEACE is willing to become a submissive faction to the Hive, the Hive will then be free to adopt all means to stop the CC aggression since now an attack to the PEACE will be an attack to the Hive. We then can apply political pressure to the CyCons to honor the pact agreement and stop the their aggressive effort. We can also ask the other pact brother of us, the Drones, to assist you with military techs. We are also planning to request a ruling from the planetary councils to condemn the war. In other words, we will help you using everything that we have, techs, production abilities, energy credits… This will mean more integrated development of the two factions in the future. However, the PEACE will still be an individual team where you make independent decisions regarding the development of PEACE in your own private forum, with perhaps a Hive ambassador being accepted in your forum.

We the Hive values the captains of the PEACE team as honorable and courageous warriors who will fight to their last drop of blood. We understand that the second proposal would be a hard decision for you to make. However, we feel that it may be the best way for us to give you the fullest assistant. It will give us rights to counter the CyCons while not violating the integrity principles that we have upheld for so long. We would understand if the PEACE feels that it is not ready to enter such an agreement and opts to interact with us on ground of the first suggested approach.

We look forward to hearing from you.

With regards

Comrade HongHu
On behalf of the Human Hive

"Four things come not back: the spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life and the neglected opportunity."
Old January 13, 2004, 23:16   #125
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:05
no submission, go for other trades
Old January 14, 2004, 10:54   #126
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

I agree... the first option for now.

If things look more dire later and we have to submit make part of the submission deal that the Hive get all of our older bases back from the Borg.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old January 15, 2004, 00:20   #127
Hercules
Deity

This to Honghu

Greetings dear Comrades of the Hive.

We welcome yer communications

After consultation with the captains council ( much xenorum swilling) we
bees minded to trade Adaptive Economics for Res ( 3) is it? and then SFF
when discovered. Least that's what I understand to be what yer saying,
But we can discuss the detail bewteen now and the next turn I suppose.
Are the Drones on board with the deal or parts of it.?

The Submissive option was ' dirked' by the good captains.

We look forward to more detailed negotiations.

May your Hive children be fertile

Cap'n Hercules
Old January 15, 2004, 11:26   #128
FlameFlash
Emperor

The 'dirking' of the submissive option

Old January 16, 2004, 09:41   #129
Hercules
Deity

This from Jstisyoda:

Quote:
for the acdtg... i mentioned lobbying for a thank you to peace for the
votes... my teammates are unresponsive. Sorry.
Old January 16, 2004, 11:01   #130
FlameFlash
Emperor

Oh well...

Just shows how much gratitude one can get from them... will have to remember that for later.

Old January 16, 2004, 19:13   #131
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Yes, but throwing a dirk in the hive's plans was such -fun-
Old January 20, 2004, 13:45   #132
FlameFlash
Emperor

Can't argue there.

Old January 21, 2004, 08:35   #133
Hercules
Deity

This to Voltaire by PM and Honghu by email

Greetings to our Comrades in the Hive.

We wondered what be the state of play regarding our earlier soundings
and bird communications and exchange of techs or assistance. If you
don't have HEC or Non Linear we would appreciate Doc: Loyalty, for
defensive purposes.

Also this: We can probe your enemy Roze in 4 turns. We would be looking
to steal either HEC or Non Linear. Either of these I think would be of
interest to you. However Roze also has Biogenetics , which we do not
have ( we had hoped to do without it) and it would be a waste to end up
stealing this tech. Upon success we would forward the stolen tech to
you.

In what ever is the situation please advise.

Cap'n Hercules
Old January 21, 2004, 08:43   #134
Hercules
Deity

This to Dean Archiac,

Greetings Learned Dean,

We hope all be well with you at the beginning of the new term. I be
responding to your Dip communicatio re possible assistance. What have
you mind , we pirates be open to offers. For your information we intend
to probe Roze for either HEC or Non Linear , techs of which I am sure
you would be interested. It will take us 4/5 turns reaching Roze's
nearest base to us.

Anyways we look forward to hearing from ye soon.

Cap'n Hercules.

PS there was a time when it was thought that a close PUT, Cycon, Pirates
alliance could produce a challenge to the Hive/ Drones. I guess that
opportunity is passed.
Old January 21, 2004, 08:55   #135
Hercules
Deity

And this to Foreman Buster on the remote chance he retains a modicum of courtesy.

Foreman Buster,

In a lot of the Pbems that I play, when a player votes for a faction for Planetary Governor, there is normally some acknowledgement of that support officially.

Our Captains be wondering why this common courtesy hasn't happened from the Drones, officially.

Yours

Cap'n Hercules
Old January 21, 2004, 09:18   #136
Hercules
Deity

This back from Archaic and my reply.

Dean Archaic,

The Borgs' land forces (which you should know about) are still some distance
from our main land bases which are better defended. So the answer is yes.

I am a bit puzzled by your tone, which seems less helpful than in the Dip
Box. We don't wish for a tech (yet) that the Cyborg will steal. Next turn
you will know what further techs they have stolen from us.

Arcy - sama wrote:

> One is forced to wonder.....can you even reach Roze's base before the
> Cyborgs take you out?
Old January 21, 2004, 10:50   #137
FlameFlash
Emperor

Sounds good.

Old January 21, 2004, 23:45   #138
Hercules
Deity

This reply from Voltaire

I will forward this to the Hive for discussion, be assured we will attempt to have
a prompt answer for you.
Old January 22, 2004, 00:14   #139
Hercules
Deity

A Miracle

This from Buster via PM .......and my reply.

(Hey maybe I shouldn't be so quick in replying: Next time I 'll bring the message here first. Just there didn't seem much from the Drones side, aexcept that offer of some intelligence. Useful.

Hi Buster,

Thanks for reply. For background, in the hours leading up to the vote, Cuspidore sent you a message asking
what you might offer for our vote and or assistance. It was nothing to do with the way Cycon voted: it
was more to do with an absense of response from the Hive and the possibility that Cuspidore BB had
somehow made contact but was not able to communicate back to us. (After all it was the Christmas
period).

And of course there was self interest, we are trying to survive.

btw I presume the cyb*****gers have infiltration on us anyway so there is little you can pass on that they
don't already know.

Anyhow thanks for your time and I ask the Captain's for info that we can ask for..

Like what is currently in Triplex, Boy Scout, impact rover?

quote:

Hi,

there would have been had we made some kind of agreement.
The reality is however that you voted against Hive (Cycon voted for Hive) rather
than for us.

Now we are giving Cycon no information they can use against you and have made no
deals with them that makes your situation any worse, but I do not see that we owe
you for your vote as you voted in self interest.

What I am willing to offer you however is information on Cycon. If there is anything
you want there let me know and I will suplly it.

regards
buster
Old January 25, 2004, 10:21   #140
Hercules
Deity

A response from the Hive. Honghu has stepped down as Ambassador to be replaced by Octavian X. I think that is correct and that the offer below is authorised.

ACTDG: Hive Communication

Honorable Cap'n Hercules:

The Hive has heard of the great suffering your people have endured at the
hands of your enemies. Your terrible plight at the hands of the CyCon was truly
terrible. Therefore, the Hiverian government wishes to bring the people of
PEACE under it's protection. If you rush a colony pod in a base near the Hiveran
homeland, and build a new base near us, we will protect it to the last. We will
send PEACE any tech we possess that you may want. Lastly, we will assist you
in your effort to retake your homeland. The CyCon shall soon taste the fury of
the Hive!

Please, make your decision soon. This is an all-or-nothing deal. Should you
accept, you will be expected to join with the Hive and our brother Drones as a
junior member of the great Hive-Drone permi-pact.

We await your reply.

~Octavian X

Does that sound like surrender to the Hive ?

Note also the term ' the great Hive Drone permi pact'.

Views.
Old January 25, 2004, 14:54   #141
FlameFlash
Emperor

I like it, personally. the 'junior member' status would simply be something until we retake our original lands. We'd be part of the winning team, as it would seem, and be able to retake our bases with the knowledge that if the CyCon wanted to totally wipe us out they'd have to also go to war with the Hive and therefore the Drones.

It might actually force the CyCon to stop their war with us and return our bases, or at least allow us enough time to retake them in comfort.

They're wanting us as a member of their Axis now, not as a slave state, IMHO.

Old January 26, 2004, 01:18   #142
foolish_icarus
King

yes, go for it! (There is a certain comforting liberty in having nothing to lose.)
Old January 26, 2004, 01:39   #143
Makahlua
King

I feel it prudent to note we've also an offer from CyCOn along similar lines:

Quote:
Joining the Consciousness?
Hi Makahlua,

Lately there have been discussions regarding what should happen with members of a defeated faction. More specifically we of the Consciousness started that discussion as we felt there is a chance we might defeat PEACE.

No pirate has yet openly expressed any interest though in joining another specific faction, which is of course only normal. However we of the Consciousness were wondering if there was any interest in PEACE for joining the Consciousness if we would be victorious. Are you, and perhaps other pirates, open to that possibility? You would be welcomed with open arms as an equal member.

Personally I feel joining us if you would be defeated would be the best option for you, because you'll join a faction that would resemble PEACE very much, with the only big and very unfortunate difference our lack to harvest aquatic minerals. However on the other side you'd have the same bases and technologies as PEACE had , and to an extent even the same allies and rivals. Since we have the Maritime Control Centre, we would also attempt to be the world's finest naval power. That way you could continue to sail ships where as all the other factions are land centric.

If the majority of PEACE would join the Consciousness, you would also be able to continue playing with the same group you have gotten to know over the past few months. In short, it would provide the greatest continuity for you. That continuity would not exist if you all splintered up and went to completely different factions such as the Hive or Drones, in which you would be a lonely stranger in the midst of a group already knowing each other and exchanging tactics since months.

Anyway, I hope you will consider our offer. I really believe it is the best option for both of us.

Friendly greetings,

Maniac
Old January 26, 2004, 10:24   #144
FlameFlash
Emperor

I say ignore the CyCon message, I don't want anything to do with the backstabbers.

Old January 27, 2004, 08:51   #145
Hercules
Deity

For those who missed it in the other thread. This from Enigma:

Hive Diplomacy Mishap

Octavian X has been slapped with the rod of stupidity for an averse diplomatic decision.
I must inform you that The Hive has no intention of helping PEACE in its current state; we cannot send you
Doc:Loy as we will explain later.

However, the current state changes.
I think it would be in the best interests of both the Hive and the PEACE, if upon the PEACE being conquered,
your players emigrate to The Hive.
I assure you, once you are with us, your vengeance will be assured, and it is better that you seek higher
ground than trying to hold onto your falling empire.

Of course, you may do what you will - trying to hold onto your bases with HEC and SFF, you should ask the
Drones for those.
We, The Hive, have no need of any extra tech at the moment.
We cannot give you Doc:Loy for a simple reason:
The Hive wants The Ascetic Virtues.
Note that, if the CyCon have Adaptive Econ, and Doc:Loy, then they stand a VERY good chance of getting the
tech for themselves.
Also, our Drones allies will be most upsed if they also get the Citizen's Defence Force on the way because as
you might expect, we're not looking forward to facing Perimiter Defences on the reconqista.

We can't send Military, because we plan to attack Roze; this also invalidates your option of probing Roze
because we can do it ourselves when we get there.
The best - and fastest- way for PEACE to win this war will be to lose it - destroy yourselves from the game
and emigrate to The Hive.

We repeat: We cannot give you Doc:Loy lest it fall into CyCon hands.
Old January 27, 2004, 09:09   #146
Hercules
Deity

I sent this to Voltaire

Please advise which of your Ambassadors speaks for the Hive.

We have received two messages : one from OctavianX and a contradictory one from Enigma.

What is the position.

Re Enigma's overtures are not designed to be welcoming and would appear to be designed to drive us into the
hands of Cycon. Is that what you wish?
Old January 27, 2004, 18:46   #147
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 09:05
Bolshoi Sovietski Soyuz

Last edited by Nubclear; June 11, 2004 at 05:44.
Old January 27, 2004, 21:44   #148
Hercules
Deity

This from Voltaire:

King

RE: Who speaks for the Hive re Peace Hive matters

Thank you for informing me of this, Enigma has no authority to speak on behalf
of the Hive, I will deal with him. The official stance is the one sent by Octavian.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old January 27, 2004, 21:50   #149
Hercules
Deity

I notice Comrade Tass now has access to our forum. But he was not authorised by me unless he came via a DL.

Also he seemed to know of Voltaires PM before I did.

I ask for an explanation before I raise the matter in the main forum.
Old January 27, 2004, 23:07   #150
foolish_icarus
King

simple enough to speculate--he got a mod to authorize him and he has access to Hive forum, so found out before message was sent