Old February 25, 2004, 23:13   #211
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
most definately.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 27, 2004, 15:41   #212
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 04:05
Planetary Council Motion
The Hive would like to inform the PEACE that we are prepared to submit a motion to the planetary council for a resolution of the CC-PEACE war. I'm attaching a draft here for your reference. Please do not disclose it to the other factions before we submit it to the council.

quote:

To the Planetary Council
Motion of Ceasefire and Returning of the PEACE Bases
By the Human Hives

Dear Governor, dear Planetary Council Members,

The Human Hives would like to express its great concerns about the recent intense conflict between the CPU and PEACE. The CPU-PEACE war has so far lasted seven years and has had a devastating impact on the peaceful development of the planet. The Hive is concerned over reports of increasing violations of international humanitarian law. We are gravely concerned that given the increasing likelihood of an thorough occupation of the PEACE territory by the CPU forces, coupled with the approaching winter, the situation in PEACE has the potential to become an even greater humanitarian disaster. It has become more and more apparent that the continuation or further escalation of the conflict between CPU and PEACE has dangerous implications for the stability of the region.

The Hive believes that the Planetary Council has overriding obligation to stop the suffering of innocent civilians and prevent a de-stabilising conflict spreading to other countries in the planet. The Hive motions the Council to take immediate action to consider this matter in order to prevent a humanitarian disaster and a threat to stability throughout the Planet. The Hive affirms the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the PEACE and the right of all refugees and displaced persons to return to their homes. The Hive calls for an immediate ceasefire from the CPU and the return of at least half of the PEACE bases. We emphasizes that the authorities of the Planet Council must achieve a political solution to condemn the CPU invasion of the PEACE territory and to establish that all violence and acts of terrorism from the CPU are unacceptable.

Chairman Voltaire

We would also welcome any eye witness account of the damage of the war and any unhumantary actions by the CC force. We will include some articals on this regard in the upcoming Pravda.

Ambassador HongHu
Old February 27, 2004, 16:27   #213
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Sounds good... maybe do a starving parrot article and a pirates without rum article?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 27, 2004, 17:41   #214
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Sounds good - you writing them?
Old February 27, 2004, 21:54   #215
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:05
Yes sounds good. Give them our exact CP co-ordinates and of support ships.

Haven't seen the turn yet (so need to think about all those pact treaty references). I would hate to see the CP go back to Atlantis. Whoops I think you (Maki)have posted in the 2141-2160 thread
Old February 28, 2004, 13:10   #216
FlameFlash
Emperor

Pirates Running Out of Rum! by FlameFlash
While normally not a problem among PEACE the current war with CyCon has put an end to many of the stills that were scattered throughout the faction.

"I jus' need ta get at it to power the boats!" One, now stray captain declaired.

"There's not even enough to feed all the kids anymore," a PEACE mother observed.

"We needs our rum on those salty seas," a captain of another boat reports. "We can't drink the water, so we needs the rum, now we can't drink the rum because it's not allowed to age long enough. We're suffering from dehydration!"

"My brother now in the CyCon territory told me in way too logicy of terms that they's drinking water often now. Water! Can you believe it? I bet those borgs are drilling holes in our women and chillen's heads to drain out any leftover rum too!"

"It's an utter discrace," declared another mother, "Please think of the child'run. How are they supposed to become respectable pirates without rum!? I hope those CyCon's are proud of how they are stiffling our education system."

Old February 28, 2004, 13:25   #217
FlameFlash
Emperor

Parrots Going Crazy! by FlameFlash
In realted news (to the pirates being without rum) a delicious by-product of xenorum that make PEACE parrots as strong as they are is no longer available.

"This atrocity isn't just hurting us anymore... it's hurting the animals too!"

Mainly bred off of a mindworm/xenorumbyproduct the parrots are forced to feed off more mindworms, and it's having a negative effect.

"Mindworm larva are what give parrots strength, the xenorumbyproduct is what gave them a mental balance that allowed pirate captains to command them and use them as carrier pigeons. Without the xenoproduct the parrots are beginning to become more mindworm-like. In a few more generations, they may even become untrainable."

"Horrible news, just horrible!" Captain Herc declares. "What kind of pirates don't have parrots?"

The rest of the pirate council seems to agree with those sentiments.

Given even time, they will join the locusts as a main aircraft enemy if the pirates are unable to regain their footing and stave off the threat.

"Assimilated pirates just don't cut it," noted one philosopher as he sipped at his underaged rum. "They just don't care anymore. We need fully-rum powered pirate captains to handle the parrots and give out the xenoproduct, and there just arrrrn't enough of them anymore."

Old February 28, 2004, 13:26   #218
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Makahlua
Sounds good - you writing them?
Done and ready for inspection

Old February 28, 2004, 17:48   #219
Makahlua
King

Me like! Bleh, water indeed. How crazy is that?? ^^

You want to PM those to HongHu, or should I?
Old February 28, 2004, 18:09   #220
FlameFlash
Emperor

You go ahead if you want, he's the one that mentioned a need for them, and to you, after all.

Old March 1, 2004, 20:17   #221
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:05
Well, you probably will all have read the Planetary Council thread by now. Tis good, cycon is frightened (or utterly oblivious; methinks they are more likely to be devious and arrogant than stupid). Note all the accusations they bring against the Hive, true or not, its not worth bringing up, just goes to show the Cycon perhaps realize their predicament. If it pleases the capn's, I'll be writing up an argument for that thread, unless someone else would prefer to do it.
Old March 1, 2004, 20:47   #222
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

No Go ahead Foolish.

But still don't hint at the nature of the relationship we have with the Hive and the Free Drones.

And we are still very vulnerable.
Old March 1, 2004, 23:32   #223
foolish_icarus
King

yerrr...looks like its pretty much been taken care of. But a challenge is a challenge! I just need a little time to mull over it, we can't all be super-efficient cyborgs or super-industrious Hiveans, or super-hard-working Drones.
Old March 3, 2004, 22:43   #224
Hercules
Deity

Foolish:

Good speech to the Planetary Council. Covered all the points and you sounded
rational.
Old March 4, 2004, 19:14   #225
Hercules
Deity

Heah ye other Pirates, feel free to weigh in the Hive Planetary Council motion.

Well done Foolish. keep it up
Old March 5, 2004, 00:14   #226
Makahlua
King

jotted this off to HongHu after seeing what's happened this turn...

Well for whatever reason, we no longer have that CP on the ilse near you Our lone remaining base is on what we call Yardarm, back to the east (probably closer to PUT/Drone territory) It's inland from Calico, but no far enough that we won't be seeing CyCOn shortly. Any ideas?
Old March 5, 2004, 01:56   #227
Makahlua
King

And Herc I need you to 'officially' post our Yea in the Council motion thread, if you would be so kind?
Old March 5, 2004, 02:17   #228
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 09:05
Oh bah. I highly doubt Hercules is going to vote nay, so I'll just accept this as a proxy vote.
Old March 5, 2004, 09:26   #229
Hercules
Deity

Interesting comments that Kody posted relating to the start of the war period and the Hive (and his ) role in it.

But it is too late for us now, I fear, unless there is a ceasefire.
Old March 5, 2004, 14:28   #230
foolish_icarus
King

well ths **** has really hit the fan now.
I assume that Jamski is playing a part in that thread...

And we do need that ceasefire, even if they don't immediately promise to return all of our bases.

My guess about the Colony pod is that it was disbanded due to the specific order in which Cycon destroyed our crawlers then took the base then attacked our units, but I need to continue investigations into this hypothesis.

In any case I don't see how it is possible that the Cycon probed the colony pod, seeing as how it was already on land...

My opinion is we should tell the Hive about this SOON before it blows up.

What do you all think?
Old March 5, 2004, 16:06   #231
FlameFlash
Emperor

I think, due to the ceasefire that has just been enacted, if there is any more hostility we demand reparations from CPU.

As it is, I'd like to volunteer to be the mediary from PEACE to assist in speaking to the CPU on our behave.

To that end, what do we need to bring to the negotiation table?

Old March 5, 2004, 16:52   #232
Makahlua
King

Crossposting over here too:

We need to know what we can and can't live without.

Ex: which bases we're willing to let them keep (for now!) and which we demand back. Calico for certain, so we can rebuild on Yardarm. Maybe Atlantis too, to mark the new southern border. That's my personal minimum, along with them agreeing to leave us alone on Yardarm.

A notice that due to being kicked out of our home territory, we claim the Sargasso and it's isles, also.

Since our economy is shot, not like we have much to offer there, but we can point out that as soon as we get even a partial recovery, we can research things the other factions don't want to bother with, but will need eventually.
Old March 5, 2004, 17:03   #233
FlameFlash
Emperor

/me nods.

Crossposting as well.

I agree, that sounds good.

May I have the last turn so I can look at the lay of the land? Or is it still available on the turn list?

Old March 5, 2004, 17:05   #234
FlameFlash
Emperor

Tass, I know you're watching... (will crosspost as well) just wanting to know if the reload Maniac mentioned was legal.

Especially considering the questionable death of the colony pod when their intention was infiltrating Roze, as they've stated.

The only way I can think about it would be if they heard from Jam and changed their minds. Wanting this looked into though...

Old March 5, 2004, 17:30   #235
Makahlua
King

Here you go FF:

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...77_end2157.sav
Old March 5, 2004, 20:31   #236
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 09:05
Quote:
Tass, I know you're watching... (will crosspost as well) just wanting to know if the reload Maniac mentioned was legal.
It was.
Old March 5, 2004, 22:00   #237
Hercules
Deity

Please elaborate. It seems mighty coincidental that they just happened to pass by our CP on the way to Roze.

Last edited by Hercules; March 5, 2004 at 22:15.
Old March 5, 2004, 22:04   #238
Hercules
Deity

It has all the hallmarks of that favourite Cycon excuse: The turn player is ordered to do such and such and must 'test' out options for the real turn player.
Old March 5, 2004, 22:13   #239
Hercules
Deity

I think there is a strong suspicion, because of evident division within the Hive, that our CP co-ordinates were leaked to the Cycon.

If so, this calls into question the whole ethos amd ethics of the game. Unless the Hive/Drones agreed as a faction(s) to leak (which seems unlikely at this juncture).

I have to say Maniac or Geo, whoever was the turn player always seem to strike it lucky?
Old March 6, 2004, 02:48   #240
Makahlua
King

Latest memo from mead:

Makahlua

I understand from you communications with Hong Hu that you lost your CP.

We are currently considering alternatives.

Did you Barque survive?

Can you move that Barque to occupy a Data Angle base (after we empty it with airpower)?

We need to decide what to do before you post your turn.

Mead

My reply:

Our total forces are the schooner (gunship)/transport pair by your lasership, and 2 rovers up on Yardarm, which are the garrison for Crossbone Way and it's former. From the schooner's position, it could get to Conshelf 57 next turn.

We;ve got 42 EC in the treasury, and I can't rush anything this turn better than a scout patrol. Our only minerals there are from 2 crawlers left behind in our home territory, which I'm fairly sure CyCon will kill of at the beginning of next turn leaving me with nothing to produce with (other than disbanding our lone former up there.