Old March 6, 2004, 15:14   #241
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Makahlua
Here you go FF:

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...77_end2157.sav
Many thanks... be looking at it later today...

And Herc, Maniac posted the supposed reason in the turn reporting thread now... going to have to take them at their word, unfortunately.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 7, 2004, 02:08   #242
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 04:05
Latest from Mead:

Go west. Make for Conshelf57.

We have a Skyhawk needlejet ready to launch out of Rokossvkygrad. We will park it on top of your schooner to give you aircover. This should make your schooner invulnerable unless CyCon also launches an interceptor on a suicide mission.

We will also kill the 1-3-1 and probe in Conshelf57 this turn.

Conshelf57 should be ready for your occupation next turn.

We will also have our ships behind you providing a rear guard action.

We think that a Needlejet flying out of one of CyCon's western bases on a one way suicide mission destroyed your CP.

You schooner we still be within 19 spaces of Pamplona and is at risk unless we protect it.

Good Luck.

Maki: I am right now making those moves and will post an end turn shortly, as well as send exact coords to the Hive.
Old March 7, 2004, 07:31   #243
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

I apprently crossposted with HongHu, but the paln is basically the same with some extended details.

Here's the detailed plan for PEACE mission. Please provide any feedback or different proposal.

Peace this turn (2158) move the shooner to (31,45), ready to take Conshelf57 next turn. Hive turn 2159 skyhawk (penetrator) from roko fly to (31,45) to provide air cover. Plasma cruiser also goes to (31,45) to join the schooner. Laser foil move to (32,46) to block the sea route. If CC has one interceptor within range, it can take the skyhawk out. However it will need another two planes to take out PEACE shooner. And I hope they do not have three planes in the range.

Also in the same turn (2159) Hive rush the transport, move the newly produced probe and plasma garrison to the transport.

Then in next PEACE turn (2159) the schooner take Conshelf57. Hive cruiser and foil join in in Hive turn 2160.

In Hive turn 2161 Hive transport should reach conshelf57, transfer ownership of the probe and plasma garrison to peace. Free the foil and cruiser to patrol the area.

The CC probe ship should have already returned to their base. The CC colony pod that they just bought should not be a problem I believe. Even if they dare to set up a base, it will be easy to get rid of by a chopper.
Old March 8, 2004, 11:18   #244
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

If everyone hasn't yet subscribed to the ceasefire thread, I would appreciate input. I can't make these decisions unilaterally, after all.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 12, 2004, 14:26   #245
Makahlua
King

A quickie from HH :

FYI 2159
Conshelf57 is emptied. However Roze has changed production to garrison so it still may not be suitable for taking. There should be a penetrator on top of your schooner to provide air cover.

Hong

quote:

Not far off at all, the schooner is at 28,44 and can sail right in next turn (2159). Sorry about the crosspost :/
Old March 12, 2004, 15:29   #246
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Makahlua
A quickie from HH :

FYI 2159
Conshelf57 is emptied. However Roze has changed production to garrison so it still may not be suitable for taking. There should be a penetrator on top of your schooner to provide air cover.

Hong

quote:

Not far off at all, the schooner is at 28,44 and can sail right in next turn (2159). Sorry about the crosspost :/

Somebody beat Roze over the head and tell her to start actually managing her bases correctly!

Old March 18, 2004, 20:17   #247
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:05
whoa! Drones on a rampage! Has the Hive (or the Drones, though that seems unlikely) sent us any info on their position on this issue? Apparently there is a substantial Jamski-induced debate within their team. We have the potential to benefit from whatever happens, if the tide is right.
Old March 19, 2004, 01:33   #248
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:05
Please note me Pirates I am away from today until Sunday 28th March. I hope I have a faction to come back to. Best wishes.

Good proclamation by Arnelous
Old March 19, 2004, 11:46   #249
FlameFlash
Emperor

It was a little lengthy, but hopefully we'll survive.

Old March 19, 2004, 21:46   #250
foolish_icarus
King

The stuff that has been going on is incredible...I so much want to read the private forums when this is all over. Almost real. Well batten down the hatches this is going to be some storm. I assume our policy remains to lay low for as long as we can?
I suppose this also means the end of our short-lived truce...
Old March 20, 2004, 00:14   #251
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 21:05
Quote:
Originally posted by foolish_icarus
The stuff that has been going on is incredible...I so much want to read the private forums when this is all over. Almost real. Well batten down the hatches this is going to be some storm. I assume our policy remains to lay low for as long as we can?
I suppose this also means the end of our short-lived truce...
My fellow captains, the CPU should have bigger fish to fry than our lowly minnows!

How can be best depoly our meagre fleets to take advantage of this situation? Should be be opportunistic or should we flee for our new lands and build as fast as we can?
Old March 20, 2004, 00:37   #252
Makahlua
King

Flee, flee, and oh. Flee. ^^

Hopefully the CPU won't stop to bat at a transport and we can evac that CP quickly, follwed by the second + former and rovers.
Old March 20, 2004, 01:50   #253
FlameFlash
Emperor

Very hopeful, but about our only option... so let's keep hope open and up.

Old March 20, 2004, 02:54   #254
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
Very hopeful, but about our only option... so let's keep hope open and up.
Things are afoot on IRC right now.
Apparently CPU has not ruled out wasting our base since it, allegedly, poses a threat to them (as an airbase for the Hive).

I'm trying to persuade Impaler that we need more than threats to justify downgrading our only alliance; we need a firm agreement to spare us.
Old March 20, 2004, 12:52   #255
foolish_icarus
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Trithemius
I'm trying to persuade Impaler that we need more than threats to justify downgrading our only alliance; we need a firm agreement to spare us.
nothing less
Old March 21, 2004, 16:21   #256
FlameFlash
Emperor

Agreed.

Old March 21, 2004, 23:45   #257
Trithemius
Prince

Update: I've heard nothing more from the CPU yet, I am going to be on IRC again when I get done with my class this afternoon and hopefully I can catch Impaler there again.

PEACE's position re: a ceasefire agreement are noted.
Old March 22, 2004, 13:23   #258
FlameFlash
Emperor

Old March 24, 2004, 04:57   #259
Trithemius
Prince

Information back from the Drones; I have sent it on FlameFlash - should I just post it here?
Old March 24, 2004, 12:09   #260
FlameFlash
Emperor

Posting it in the ceasefire thread...

Old April 8, 2004, 14:26   #261
Makahlua
King

Quote:
Captains of PEACE

The last few years you kept to the preliminary agreement we agreed upon. Since it seems that shortly you wil found a new base near the coast of Yardlong island, and supposedly will start a sea colony pod there, my question now is what your plans are with your sole remaining naval unit (the foil transport).

Does PEACE wish to bring the transport foil ASAP to the area were it will start a new colony, or does it prefer to take the long route and stays out of CPU territorial waters?

Geo Beta-2, Military Affairs Function of CPU
My reply:

If you'd be so kind to let the 'sport cruise along your waters along 53-57, 39 in 2165 (4 turns from now) we'd appreciate it as we can get our former and rover#1 headed to Bones a turn sooner. We've been gifted MMI, so we've switched to a DropCP to expedite our exit from Yardarm, it's due to be done in 2 (waiting on pop and our cost to drop into our budget of 45 EC). It'll be followed up 4 turns or so after with the disband pod - assuming you let us keep the two crawlers a bit longer. (We'd also appreciate that ) That should have us off Yardarm before 2170, and out of your waters. If you need more exact figures let me know - I'm working on my orders for the next 10 turns or so.

-Seraph Makahlua, for the Captains

Also added in a seperate PM:

Forgot to ask - what was the exact compensation on the crawlers? 60 per or 60 for both? They should be available in ~7 turns or less, FYI
Old April 9, 2004, 12:06   #262
FlameFlash
Emperor

Those look good. Looks like I was beat to the punch...

/me shrugs.

Old April 10, 2004, 05:28   #263
Makahlua
King

From GeoModder:
Quote:
Our territorial waters are a bit larger then the tiles you describe. We prefer to receive the whole route through Atlantic Ocean, as that no unauthorized meetings will happen.

As for the crawlers, you can use them longer, not timemark on them, price agreed upon by Function Impaler was 60 ec apiece.

So you're first base will be on Bones Island. Do you care to share the location you had in mind?

-Second Function Geo Beta-2, CyCon
My reply:
http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...sportroute.jpg

Here's the route in a nice graphic format; along with the first 2 bases (blue stars). After it reaches Yardarm, it will be making a return trip along the same route between Bones/Yardarm before beng in service in our waters in the north. Good to know about the crawlers; that will help us get back on our feet fairly quick - thank you
Old April 10, 2004, 05:29   #264
Makahlua
King

In a quick response he did say that one reason we get to keep them longer is the war is expensive, and they can't afford to buy em off just yet. heh. ^^
Old April 10, 2004, 06:21   #265
Makahlua
King

Please check the new turn thread for the lastest Drone offer.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=112466
Old April 13, 2004, 18:04   #266
Makahlua
King

Just sent a word to CyCon on the pact :

You'll probably note that we have a Pact with the Drones next turn - this is for unit gifting purposes only (note the plasma garrison near Crossbone.) Just wanted to give you a heads up
Old April 13, 2004, 22:50   #267
FlameFlash
Emperor

Old April 14, 2004, 08:15   #268
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:05
What is all that Tass stuff about. His talk about some faction leaders.

Is he talking about me? I hope not? but intrigued.
Old April 14, 2004, 09:41   #269
FlameFlash
Emperor

I have no clue.

Old April 14, 2004, 21:52   #270
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
What is all that Tass stuff about. His talk about some faction leaders.

Is he talking about me? I hope not? but intrigued.
Stirring I bet.
I wish he'd either come out and say who he is referring to, instead of making all these irritating hints. If he has something to say, he should say it clearly.