Old September 21, 2003, 21:27   #1
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 05:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Unit's Best Color
I have had several opinions of a completely inane subject -- your team's color and how it best compliments your units. I mean is it just me or does PINK not seem to suit an artillery piece?

My vote for "best match of color to unit" goes to grey, which is usually Indian, matching to the BATTLESHIP. Really this color goes with any modern ship, but it especially menacing on the Drednought!!!
Old September 21, 2003, 22:05   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:06
I guess I see what you mean Shogun Gunner, ... but to what purpose? Quite franky, I don't see a point to assigning units their "best" color, so in turn, I guess I don't see the point of this thread...
Old September 22, 2003, 04:00   #3
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Black looks good with a lot of the units. Especially the Impi.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old September 22, 2003, 05:24   #4
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 11:06
Pink musketeers (frenc UU) are SOOOO gay

Especially whan they do their funny little promotion laugh.
Old September 22, 2003, 07:26   #5
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by statusperfect
Pink musketeers (frenc UU) are SOOOO gay

Especially whan they do their funny little promotion laugh.
Very true! Its almost like the designers of the game picked pink on purpose for the French!
Old September 22, 2003, 16:13   #6
Wazell
Chieftain

Mm. Blue or dark blue suits French better, and that's what I choose when playing them. But, I agree that units should look like what they are in real world, and not some funny colored pieces moving around. Many people have suggested before using national flags with units, somehow like with cities, but i don't know how well this would work.
Old September 22, 2003, 16:28   #7
statusperfect
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Wazell
Mm. Blue or dark blue suits French better, and that's what I choose when playing them. But, I agree that units should look like what they are in real world, and not some funny colored pieces moving around. Many people have suggested before using national flags with units, somehow like with cities, but i don't know how well this would work.
Just as well as in civ2
Old September 22, 2003, 16:44   #8
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 02:06
Quote:
Very true! Its almost like the designers of the game picked pink on purpose for the French!
Arabia often comes up pink as well. Draw your own conclusions.
Old September 23, 2003, 21:26   #9
bobbo008
Prince

Local Time: 03:06
I found france is the TRUE pink while arabia is like a quasi-, diet pink. i usually make myself black.
Old September 23, 2003, 22:02   #10
Louis XXIV
C4WDG Stratega
Prince

Local Time: 04:06
The Impi look cool with that sky blue American color
Old September 23, 2003, 22:52   #11
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Are you changing your color in the editor? If not, please enlighten me as to where.
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Old September 24, 2003, 00:57   #12
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by Solomwi
Are you changing your color in the editor? If not, please enlighten me as to where.
The editor is the only way to change a civ's color.
Old September 24, 2003, 00:57   #13
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

That's what I thought, thanks.
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Old September 24, 2003, 20:53   #14
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Solomwi
That's what I thought, thanks.
Another good example....

Solomwi's stealth bomber with blue trim. Very cool.
Old September 25, 2003, 00:04   #15
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 03:06
I'll go for modern armor with Carthage brown (at lest Carthage is sometimes brown). Brown could actually be part of a tank's chamo scheme.