Old June 6, 2000, 01:43   #1
Eternal
King

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What should I make next?
No classes this summer, and I'll have a bunch of time to work on scenarios. My Operation Desert Storm (That won't be the actual name of it) scenario is in its final stage of development, I was wondering what I should be gathering info on for my next scenario. I tend to like to do things that have been largely ignored, so here are some ideas I've been thinking about:

1. Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
2. The Korean War
3. The Second Korean War (fictional)
4. The Sixth Arab-Israeli War (Also fictional)
5. The Iran-Iraq War
6. Red China (from 1949 to present)
7. Reign of Steel (From a GURPS world book of the same name- Sentient computers rule the world... anyone familiar?)

Input and ideas are welcome.
Old June 6, 2000, 13:29   #2
blackclove

...or you could enter our contest and design a scenario on one of the themes presented there. If you win the Jason and the Argonauts contest, your name will be spoken far and wide as a Famous and Gifted Scenario Designer. Besides, it's a good theme...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/Contests.shtml

Old June 6, 2000, 13:45   #3
C0ckney
King

Local Time: 06:58
I think I like the second korean war or the Iran-Iraq war, the afgan one would be good too (I am currently working on a korean war scenario myself, although it wont be finished for at least 2 months)
If you do any of these could I test or something? as I love moden war scenarios

------------------
Cockney used to be schizophereic but we'er ok now
Old June 6, 2000, 22:04   #4
Sortub
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:58
How about "twin" scenarios on Algeria. The first would deal with the French conquest from 1837 to 1857 (or something like that), and the second could deal with the war of Independence from post WWII to 1957. Alistair Horne wrote a book on the latter called "A Savage War of Peace." These topics, apparently overlooked in the Civ II universe, would make great scenarios, IMHO.

Another idea would be one about the Chinese Civil war and the "Long March," etc.
Old June 7, 2000, 04:56   #5
Eternal
King

Local Time: 00:58
Well, right now I'm leaning toward the Reign of Steel, because hardly anything like it has been done, and also because I can skip a lot of the brainstorming and research that can come with futuristic/fantasy and historical scenarios, because all the info I need is in one book. Now I have a question: Does anyone know of a map that only includes the southern 70% of England, all France, Most of Germany, Switzerland?