Old June 10, 2000, 01:27   #1
Ithil
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"Advanced Tech Tree Design : Part Two" error
I found an omission in this article. In the paragraph with the heading "Tricks with People and Cities," the advances that change city citizens to the "new look" in between ancient times and industrialization aren't mentioned, they are: Philosophy and Invention. Great article!

- Ithil
Old June 10, 2000, 20:28   #2
Cam
King

Local Time: 15:28
Ithil,

Thanks for that note. The 'renaissance' style of city image is an addition to the game brought with 'Test of Time' (released late 1999) which was not available when Blackclove authored his tech' tree tips. As such, you're right in that this matter is not covered in the tip, however it's simply a case of a recent addition in a newer game variant introduced after the tip's date ('April 99' as indicated at the head of the tip).

The Scenario League has since provided tips on special technology slots for Test of Time as per William Keenan's tip at sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/sldt_tot_advances.shtml , while William and I have authored a tip on divergent technology trees for Test of Time at sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/sldt_tot_civ2lead2.shtml . Between them, I hope that the matter you've identified has been accommodated.

I have constructed this section of the Scenario League site with the understanding that all tips pertain to the Fantastic Worlds version of Civ2 unless otherwise indicated.

Thanks for pointing this matter out - it's always nice to know that these tips are being used!

Scenario League members will note that we've recently added a 'links' section to sites with tips that are not already addressed on the S.L.'s own Design Tips section - if you have a unique design tip, please feel free to submit it to the League, or as a 'second best' option, submit the link to us. Thanks.
Old June 11, 2000, 14:50   #3
Ithil
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:58
Actually I was talking about the renaissance style of citizens, not cities. I don't have ToT, although I'm planning on buying it. (I have SMAC and CTP though.)
Old June 11, 2000, 16:22   #4
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 06:58
Don`t waste your money on ToT. It really isn`t worth it.
Old June 11, 2000, 19:38   #5
Cam
King

Local Time: 15:28
Ithil,

lol - you're right again! I'll make the edit.

Paul,

It depends what you want to use ToT for. I think people who are really keen on scenarios will get a lot from the extended events capabilities.