D: Hey, it's decent for being a post on poly 1 1.10%
D: I only read it because I'm bored 1 1.10%
E: I can identify with the main character and care what happens to him 9 9.89%
E: The main character is just there to push the story 5 5.49%
E: The Main character detracts from the story 1 1.10%
F: The supporting Characters are interesting and eventfull 8 8.79%
F: the Supporting Characters are just tools to drive the story. 3 3.30%
F: I didn't even notice the supporting characters. 1 1.10%
G: Please post your favorite character so far. STORY, not in GAME or Poly Personality. 3 3.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 23, 2003, 13:47   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 03:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Trappings of Polls: Now with multiple choice!

Be BRUTALLY honest please!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2003, 13:59   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Ok, it is multiple now.

My favorite character has been MrWIA.

I knew I had free reign with him. Aro and Shiber come in a close second. I miss Shiber's chatter

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2003, 14:07   #3
badams52
King

Local Time: 01:10
Well I haven't been reading the story very long, mostly since the lastest war so I don't really know the back story.

In the latest ones the battle scenes are quite short, but the story itself is short so comparitively, I guess they fit in size.

And since I haven't been reading very long, GF would be my favorite character as I haven't really seen the others you mentioned.
Old September 23, 2003, 14:34   #4
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I have been kind of holding back the battle scenes because the battles themselves have been small. I want you to be able to tell a small skirmish, as everything has been so far in the story, to a battle of dozens of units.

For those big battles, I will either post one very large edition or split it into several editions just for the battle.

Perhaps the fact that I am 'behind' and trying to catch up by weeks end has effected the latest writting as well, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2003, 15:48   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

H: more illustrations and "bouncy" graphics.
Old September 23, 2003, 16:37   #6
Zayxus
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Local Time: 10:10
First, I have to read more of it. Did not poll yet.
Old September 23, 2003, 17:18   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Can read from the beginning here: http://central.masterzen.net/index.php?showtopic=124

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2003, 18:20   #8
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 05:10
I have absolutely no sense of literary criticism so I'm not going to vote on this poll

However, I think it is quite enjoyable
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old September 23, 2003, 18:37   #9
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 02:10
It's a tie between Crazy Genghis and MrWIA.
Old September 26, 2003, 01:04   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:10
Dialogue is very good. Battle scenes - especially the latest - are truly excellent. I can almost feel the sword entering my heart.

The back story, if you will forgive the pun, is absolutely glorious, and a compilation of this would be something I would definitely keep in my bookshelf if such a thing happened. As it is I am about to hopefully printout the lot to read as inspiration for an idea I am thinking of. This is quite the epic - a relatively simple idea - revenge, but this is certainly one of the best motives for literature-based characters history has ever provided, and it works well to keep the sense of a quest going. Will the quest ever end? Who can say?

I forgot to vote for E, but my write-in vote is that I almost feel sorry for the character. He is an absolute bloodthirsty machine, which tips the scales a little. Back in the day of this MrWIA's visit to GoW, however, it was clear that the main character was a tragic victim of epic proportions, and I WANTED him to seek out his tormentor.

Naturally I get a kick out of the supporting characters. I cannot remember all of them very well, but GF and MrWIA (as short as that appearance has been so far) are fantastic in that they are very easy-to-believe. Pure evil and, er, twisted evil.

My fave has been MrWIA, because he IS the villain of this piece beyond all others, and one day you just KNOW there will be a showdown to end all showdowns.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 26, 2003, 01:13   #11
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 02:10
Or is it because the character is you?
Old September 29, 2003, 05:34   #12
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 11:10
UnOrthOdOx, I like the trappings very much, but the level of this last episode is a bit less, it is also too short, once you have a feeling to be "in the story" it's already finished. Also, I could identify with your character quite well untill you started with the episodes about the war. In these episodes your character remains the main character, but becomes more like a sort of a chief supporting actor and not the main actor with which you are supposed to identify. Please write more about the feelings of UnOrthOdOx and his thoughts, just like you did when you wrote about the dragon and your trip to GS.

But my overall rating: "Where is the nearest bookshop?"

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG