Old June 10, 2000, 08:17   #1
RocMaster
Warlord

Local Time: 05:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Download problem with RedFront
I downloaded apolyton's RedFront, and unzipped it, put it in it's own scn. and used the .bat file. I turned on my game, and it was all normal terrian. So I looked at the Sterrian.gif, and it had some 30-40 squares of terrian. I looked at the Wterrian, and it had the resources and such, I thought this curios that the Wterrian.gif was so different than the Sterrian.gif. So I looked that the terrian1.gif, and it was the exact same as the Sterrian.gif. So could someone either post the correct Sterrian.gif for me, or send it via email, at rocmaster1@yahoo.com
Old June 10, 2000, 08:36   #2
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 00:59
Well, in your case sterrain.gif and terrain.gif should be the same if it's summer. The .bat file makes a copy of sterrain or wterrain, depending on the season (summer or winter, respectively) and overwrites the existing terrain.gif in your scenario folder. This is to make the changing of the seasons. So if you're in the Summer of '41 sterrain and terrain should be exactly the same because they are copys of eachother!
Old June 10, 2000, 08:46   #3
RocMaster
Warlord

ok, thanks!
Old June 10, 2000, 16:00   #4
pariah6
Settler

I am having a problem:

I click on the summer41.bat and it says

file not found sterrian1.gif
1copies
file not found sterrian2.gif
0copies
1copies
1copies
1copies
Error with RF.sav

or something like that. all my files are in place. but i start the game and it is all on the civ2 standard terrain files.
Old June 11, 2000, 10:59   #5
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 00:59
Maybe you downloaded a corrupt version of the file? Or you might have unzipped it incorrectly? Let me know how it goes.
Old June 11, 2000, 11:10   #6
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 01:59
T-E-R-R-A-I-N

SPELL IT CORRECTLY!

I have no idea what the hell "terrian" is.
Old June 14, 2000, 15:28   #7
RocMaster
Warlord

Sorry, unfortunatly, my Redfront version doesn't work, I tried everything, I even emailed Capt. Nemo about it... I downloaded it again too. Well, If someone could send it to me, I would like to try that, it is my last resort. I use Civ2 MGE so it should work, but it doesn't. my email is rocmaster1@yahoo.com, or dholtz@qws.com
Old June 14, 2000, 16:23   #8
Sten Sture
Emperor

Local Time: 21:59
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Roc - what is your directory substructure? C:\program files\civ2mge...etc

I think I had a similar problem because the original instructions were written to place the .bat files in a different place... trying to remember just what I did.
Old June 14, 2000, 18:56   #9
RocMaster
Warlord

C:\Program Files\MicroProse Software\Civilization II Multiplayer Gold Edition\SCENARIO\RedFront

Is what the scenerio is under. The .bat files are in the same folder as the rest, and the sound are in a subfolder.
Old June 16, 2000, 09:29   #10
Captain Nemo
Prince

I think I have an idea of what may be happening:

First look at the terrain files in your RedFront subdirectory, you should have 4 that came with the game:
sterrain1.gif
sterrain2.gif
wterrain1.gif
wterrain2.gif
s are summer terrains
w are winter terrains

After you run RF.bat and choose option1 (Summer 1941) you should have 2 more terrain files in the Redfront directory terrain1.gif and terrain2.gif and these should be identical to the summer terrain files.

Verify that first, (Don't go into the game) just look at the files, run RF.bat and look at the newly created files.
Without entering the game run RF.bat again, this time option 2 (Winter 1941) and check if the terrain1.gif and terrain2.gif files now are the winter terrains?

If the above is not working you may have a problem I encountered once: DOS does not recognize 9 character names ie sterrain1 etc...and when RF.bat executes it picks the wrong sterrain because it can only see the first 8 characters in the name that means sterrain1 and sterrain2 are the "same" name... If that is the case write me back and I will help you fix it.