Old September 25, 2003, 04:04   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 19:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
VW built by Cycon
Apparently, the worst has happened and our gamble failed.

The Cycon last turn started the VW. We decided to go ahead with our planned VW build for the following reasons.

* Cycon don't get +3 industry
* They've had IA for only 6 years
* They started then cancelled their SP project earlier in the game
* Replanning the turn would mean holding the turn for another 24 hours.

Googlie has revealed that the cycon got their industry together last turn after finding out that we built the HGP and PTS.
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=97743
So I guess that it means they've finished the VW build this turn otherwise he wouldn't be telling us this.

So the question becomes what do we do now with all those queued minerals.

* Apparently, the Drones said they are willing to gift us the ME.
* We can redirect to the CN.
* Both these solutions make us lose 70 minerals.
Old September 25, 2003, 09:01   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 02:14
Re: VW built by Cycon
Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
Googlie has revealed that the cycon got their industry together last turn after finding out that we built the HGP and PTS.
So I guess that it means they've finished the VW build this turn otherwise he wouldn't be telling us this.
So the question becomes what do we do now with all those queued minerals.
Note that this is your deduction - I did not state that they have completed the VW. I simply replied to a suggestion that perhaps they had cheated in starting it the same turn that the Hive did. It is your surmise that they can instabuild

G.
Old September 25, 2003, 09:09   #3
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Hrmm, but you wouldn't have told us the information you did unless it didn't matter anymore. So from that we can deduce that the information will get stale quickly and won't be able to act on it.

Also me and chairman had a conversation about wishing to know whether the cycon had finished the VW or not so we could plan next turn's moves. And since the hive knows you like us, I was willing to bet it was a subtle hint to save us a little time with planning.
Old September 25, 2003, 09:10   #4
Kody
Emperor

It's okay, we promise we don't tell where we got the hint from.
Old September 25, 2003, 09:47   #5
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 03:14
Well we should always plan for the worst to happen then if it doesn't happen consider it a present from the GooglieGod.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 25, 2003, 09:54   #6
Kody
Emperor

Get on MSN HongHu, we're having a planning session now.
Old September 25, 2003, 10:02   #7
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I can't, remember? No MSN at work.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; September 25, 2003 at 10:07.
Old September 25, 2003, 10:05   #8
Kody
Emperor

Oh okay, well we'll post it. Maybe when you get home we'll have a Hive discussion about it.
Old September 25, 2003, 11:16   #9
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:14
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaagh!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrgh!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old September 25, 2003, 11:32   #10
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Assume the worst, hope for the best. we should adopt this approach to the VW-CyCon dilemma. As I've already stated I do not believe that CyCon industry is on par with our own, nor their administration (I honestly do not think they have anyone even remotely approaching the ability of Comrade Kody). Thus IMO they have not completed it, or at least I find it unlikely.

BUT we must assume that they have and adjust our plans accordingly just to play it safe.
Old September 25, 2003, 11:46   #11
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Sorry just having a fit while I decide who's head to bite off

-Jam
Old September 25, 2003, 12:55   #12
Snowflake
Princess

Don't you threat our dear Chairman Jamski.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 25, 2003, 13:06   #13
Jamski
Deity

I'm not threatening dear Chairman Jamski

I'm threatening to bite peoples' heads off

-Jam
Old September 25, 2003, 14:34   #14
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Vev? You around? We have another scheduled 72-hour-training-session in Rm 103 coming up.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 25, 2003, 17:00   #15
Jamski
Deity

Time to get biting peoples' heads off soon... better duck.

-Jam
Old September 25, 2003, 18:50   #16
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

As PEACE now has the turn (post the CyCon's 2137 turn) you can ask them to verify that the VW has (or has not) been built

G.
Old September 25, 2003, 19:19   #17
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Hello Comrade Jamski, this won't hurt a bit ... until the pain killers wear off.