Old September 25, 2003, 14:43   #1
JMarshFox
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyNationStatesNever Ending StoriesAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 04:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
New, and I have a question XD
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Apolyton forums, but not to Alpha Centauri; however, I do have a few (Possibly embarassingly simple to answer) questions to ask, for I've never played the Multi-Player part before:

-How does one do a 'Play By Email' game? Or at least, could someone point me to where I might find how to play?
-Is there a limit to players besides the number of factions, such as 3-5 or such?

Thank you for putting up with me...
Old September 29, 2003, 16:16   #2
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 11:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm not too experienced myself, but I'll quote johndmuller:

Quote:
The mechanics of play:

--Receive turn from prior player (and unzip & save files);
--Open the turn in SMAX via "Multiplayer", "Hotseat/Play by Email". and "Load Multiplayer Game" options (select .sav file, enter password, etc.);
--Play the turn;
--When finished, select "Turn Complete"; game will prompt you for a .sav file name - provide it (the file name format should include at least something designating the game, the year and the destination faction or player (I usually include the sending faction as well, as in 'GreatGame 2135, Spartans-to-Univ.Sav');
--Zip the file and send it to the next player;
--Post the transaction, RP comments, etc., on the turn tracking thread, as in '2135, Spartans to Uni's - "Coming to get you now, Miriam!"'.
There can be as many as seven human players, i.e. each faction can be controlled by a human. Of course, each faction can be controlled by more than one human, which is what is happening at the Democracy Game.