Old September 26, 2003, 02:43   #1
Falconius
Prince

Local Time: 04:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
1.27 Fixes Military Alliances!
I only installed 1.27 a week ago, but didn't notice this mentioned in the ReadMe or any threads here. I just noticed in my game that that ridiculous Military Alliance feature (or bug?) that caused you to get sucked back into a war you just ended is now no more. I'm ecstatic!

I once started a thread about it because I HATED that stupid feature. Now, when you make peace, your alliances against your former foe simply end. Like they should! I'm so happy!
Old September 26, 2003, 12:20   #2
Asmodeus
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:19
I hadnt noticed that but it is indeed a good improvement!!
Old September 26, 2003, 15:53   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 03:19
That's good news.
Old September 26, 2003, 16:11   #4
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 10:19
Even if they attack an MPP partner ?
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old September 26, 2003, 16:40   #5
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 05:19
The "getting sucked back into war" thing was a function of a Mutual Protection Pact (MPP), not an alliance. Is that what you meant? I upgraded to 1.27 recently, but haven't signed a MPP since the upgrade.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 26, 2003, 18:40   #6
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 11:19
Probably making peace with the common enemy (before the MPP ends) counts as breaking the alliance. I suppose no one will ever sign again a MPP with you (in this game).

Or at least this would be the most logical way of how it should work. (reconnecting a formerly traded resource doesn't activate the trade back, right? it only brings you a reputation hit)
--Woody Allen

Last edited by Tiberius; September 26, 2003 at 18:46.