View Poll Results: Is this game worth continuing?
Yes 24 75.00%
No 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 26, 2003, 12:21   #1
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 05:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Worth Continuing??
Ok - I have to ask. I wonder if we are into an Emperor's New Clothes situation here, where folks do not want to state the obvious. Is this game worth continuing?

Last edited by Beta; September 26, 2003 at 19:14.
Beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 12:58   #2
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Local Time: 11:19
I guess yes I am afraid that with the actual teams configuration a restart (even with C3C) will result in another failure. We must reshape them, adding tested fast players to some teams.
Niessuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 17:20   #3
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:19
I want to continue. This game only got started. C3C will have bug no doubt despite the best efforts made by some of my friends here. C3C may not be fully playable till January or February!

Once the 24 Hr rule gets passed, which I think it will, then the play will pick up. The last turn or two went by pretty good. Each team need to have at least 3 players who can actually play the turn.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 17:32   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I think that once teams start contacting each other then the game will pick up. I wasn't around for the start of the PTWDG, but I imagine the first 30 or 40 turns were similarly boring. (relatively speaking ).

I'd like to continue.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 18:33   #5
Wooglin
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:19
Keep it going.

--Woog
Wooglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 19:14   #6
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 03:19
Is it so hard for the team leaders at the very least to play the save as if it were a PBEM? As long as each team has at least 2 guys willing to play the save I see no reason why this game should take so long to play...

I vote YES

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 21:19   #7
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

Yes, we're just beginning with this game, I think the next turns will be more active

Alexander the Great
The Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2003, 06:06   #8
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 09:19
Well it looks like the people have spoken.
Old September 27, 2003, 06:26   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Yes, continue.

Things seem rather slow, but it's worth playing.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2003, 09:58   #10
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Stop discussing like that and play...!

--Kon--
Konquest02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2003, 14:05   #11
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Niessuh
I guess yes I am afraid that with the actual teams configuration a restart (even with C3C) will result in another failure. We must reshape them, adding tested fast players to some teams.
Great idea!
Old September 28, 2003, 08:27   #12
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:19
I am thinking that this game will slow up even more when C3C arrives.

So .. voting No
Old September 28, 2003, 09:00   #13
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

While I voted "yes", I'll say the following:

The problem with this demogame is, simply put, that there are just too many demogames going on here at the same time and most of the people who would otherwise be keeping this game moving are far too distracted with the other demogames (ISDG, PTWDG1, and the new SPDG). This is probably compounded by the problem of other people having drifted off due to lack of interest while this game was crawling along.

I'd like to continue this game, but it would help if it moved a little faster for how far back in the ancient ages we are.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2003, 16:57   #14
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I'm up for it, but as of this writing, "Cake or Death?" has all of 2 active members. As our little empire grows and more stuff starts happening, that is likely to become a problem.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2003, 17:02   #15
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

And I thought the Tabemono forum was a little dull with only 5 active members. You guys need to recruit some more members. Where's Theseus? I thought he was on your team.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2003, 17:26   #16
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Yes. I think once things start actually "happening" in the game, people will become more interested. Contacts, wars, all the good, juicy stuff
ZargonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2003, 19:53   #17
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Recruit more players!
I know that, apart from us, this game start as a second play for the PTWDG players. But there are other enthusiastic players, like the persons playing SPDG. You can post an advice here. If it´s necessary, you can also invite persons from other forums, like CFC, or the ISDG players that you know
Also, this game would look more attractive if somebody untop the welcome threads and top the vital threads (i.e. Savegame thread, Savegame comments, Teams information....)
Niessuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1, 2003, 13:35   #18
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
And I thought the Tabemono forum was a little dull with only 5 active members. You guys need to recruit some more members. Where's Theseus? I thought he was on your team.
I suppose we do. I thought our original roster was plenty, but I was apparently wrong.

IIRC, every thread in our forum was started by, and last replied to by either me or FP. Theseus has been really busy lately, and I guess what time he has goes to PTW DemoI and AU.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old October 2, 2003, 03:31   #19
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 10:19
I voted no. In fact, mine was the first no vote. It's not that I don't like this game, at the countrary. But this game is very slow for various reasons, the release of Conquests is approaching and it looks very promising. So I'd give this game a decent burial and would start a new game with Conquests in ~ 2 months, or perhaps Jan 1st (to grab those players, who get it as xmas gift).
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2, 2003, 07:53   #20
statusperfect
King

I voted no, and I'm out of here... the game is just oo slow and there is nothing of the hype that sourrounded the first game.

There is a conquests demogame up at MZO

http://central.masterzen.net/index.php?showforum=76
statusperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2, 2003, 08:09   #21
Harovan
staff

I'm banned at MZO. No big deal, though.
Old October 2, 2003, 09:46   #22
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
I'm banned at MZO.
Old October 2, 2003, 10:00   #23
Harovan
staff

Don't know, it doesn't accept my username/password anymore. I just don't care enough to sort it out. No big deal, really.
Old October 2, 2003, 12:04   #24
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 03:19
/me hasn't banned anyone from MZO...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2003, 16:07   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
* Master Zen hasn't banned anyone from MZO...
You made a "tongue in cheek" threat though. At least I think you were kidding

Hey guys Im thinking of joining this.

A couple of questions

1. What team needs help with players who want to play?

2. How do I find out about the "style" or "Manifesto" of each team.

3. Do you take guys that are at best average players?

I generally play once day in the evenings. (USA TIME)

Didn't know wherelese to post this so I posted here.
Old October 6, 2003, 16:52   #26
Arrian
Deity

Quote:
1. What team needs help with players who want to play?
Cake or Death and Monkey both do. Maybe the others, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
2. How do I find out about the "style" or "Manifesto" of each team.
Go to the "Welcome" thread at the top of this page. It has links to each team's main thread. Those have the manifestos and such.

Quote:
Sure, we're not elitist bastards. There is more to a demogame than being a master strategist, anyway. Diplomacy, for instance.

-Arrian

Old October 6, 2003, 17:34   #27
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
I'm one of those players myself, so yes you'd be very welcome.
Old October 6, 2003, 17:43   #28
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

OK looks like monkey made need the most help based on the low number of players.

However if the Cake or Death guys actually have fewer active players I could go there as well.

So Im willing to help in either you guys steer me in the right direction and Ill join up.
Old October 6, 2003, 19:26   #29
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:19
Monkey has 3 active players, and you will be most welcome to join.

Anybody can join.

Even those without the game, can still help with diplomacy. Or you are welcome to just Roleplay within our team.

The saves are going around pretty slowly, so we have time to decide our next moves as a team. Skill level does not matter.
Old October 6, 2003, 21:55   #30
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well unless someone tells me the Cake guys have less active players (which I find hard to believe) Ill probably be a MONKEY.

Does that mena I have to start eating banana's?