Old September 27, 2003, 12:37   #1
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 10:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Conquests
Hands up if youve preordered Conquests, I have.

I think it will revitalise this forum in the same way PTW did, and I'm looking forward to seeing how folks interpret the new civs units and the conquests themselves into their fictional writing.

I hope to heaven that the likes of Guitarist, Easthaven, SKILORD, vovan, Lord Z oh good grief the list is endless, Scratchy, Laz and the Gimp and many many more get a hold of this and come back and write us some stories

Hell I'll even buy em all a copy if it gets em all back

No No please dont even try to take me ip on that it was just a joke
Old September 27, 2003, 12:55   #2
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 03:22
Well, I didn't buy PtW, but since Conquests will include all the modifications from that one and then a TON more, I will definitely get that one! It's going to be soooo great!

Any ways, I hope people get writing again, too.
Spore page
Old September 27, 2003, 19:46   #3
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 18:22
I thought this was gonna be a story by the most legendary writer on Apolyton. Instead it turned out to be an ad.

Old September 28, 2003, 14:08   #4
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 04:22
I haven't bought PtW, but I'm planning on getting Conquests.
Old September 29, 2003, 03:36   #5
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

"Most Legendary writer on Apolyton"

I think not Scratchy, thanks and all but I would not fit that crown very well. Anyways I dont think it matters who is the best, far more important that we have many legendary writers and even more inspired new writers to become legends in their own right.

For those who dont already know I love this forum and would love to see it prosper, but I think we need to attract new writers. Many of the early writers who posted here have long since stopped contributing and some dont even post here any more.

I dont intend to lay blame here, it is understandable to me that people move on, there interests change over time. Its only natural in any interest group to see people come and go. The real beauty of this forum is that most people who do come here leave us all some great stories which are all archived in this superb forum.

A big thumbs up to Apolyton for making all this possible in the first place .

Any regulars who read this thread !! Ive also posted a thread over on the general page, its a sort of in your face survey with the intention of raising awareness of the stories forum, and maybe hopefully generating some renewed interest from past writers and readers alike, and drawing in some new blood.

It would be most appreciated it some of you could mosie on over there to post your comments on the subject, and help to keep the thread alive and therefore effective.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old September 29, 2003, 12:18   #6
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 09:22
I plan not to get conquests, but my stories will continue to flow, I just have been, well preoccupied with other, far more important things (whats more important than writing stories you say? How about five 3000 word essays due in on almost the same day) I have, in fact on last count seven unfinished stories sitting on my computer, and if I get the time to, like I think I will during the hectic Xmas break, after my exams, I will finish them all and post them all, including that one I started writing on Monday. I see a lot more second places comming my way!
Old September 29, 2003, 17:29   #7
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Re: Conquests
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
Hands up if youve preordered Conquests, I have.

I think it will revitalise this forum in the same way PTW did, and I'm looking forward to seeing how folks interpret the new civs units and the conquests themselves into their fictional writing.

I hope to heaven that the likes of Guitarist, Easthaven, SKILORD, vovan, Lord Z oh good grief the list is endless, Scratchy, Laz and the Gimp and many many more get a hold of this and come back and write us some stories
Number One: My rewritten version of 'Political Freedom' recieved only one reply, that from vovanism who missed the firstr version.

Number Two: I quit playing Civ3. I'm still working on a private project based on my last Civ3 game, but I cannot share it because whenever I reveal my writing projects they fall apart.

Number Three: I'm writing a peice which I hope I can drag out to novel length, an alternate History piece that has been reviewed by Jason (The King, or Prince) and which you might win a chance to give me some feedback on. However this massively drains my writing time.

Number Four: I am only less active here because there is very little to respond to, I reply to most threads that I see.
Old September 29, 2003, 20:37   #8
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 03:22
Now, now, SKI, no need to get all nervous and disappointed. Everybody loves your stuff, and while I can't really find a good explanation for why "Political Freedom" - a truly brilliant piece - received so little feedback, I wouldn't get disappointed, man. I have been reading your stuff ever since, like, forever, and lemme tell ya: you've been getting better and better with every new thing you wrote. So, just keep on writing. We all enjoy your presence here immensly.

Well... I don't know if my speech made any impression... *sigh* I wish I could write something now, too, to maybe kickstart this place again, but I just have so much work to do that I've got no creative vigor left in me whatsoever... *sigh* Well, off to work on stat.
Spore page
Old September 30, 2003, 02:17   #9
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Hey SKI I loved that piece first time round and said so, I did reread it and it was good but like I said it was good first time round to me. I simply forgot to post sorry.

Now please stay on topic, and if you can go to general and post in the thread about the stories page I started
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old September 30, 2003, 15:04   #10
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Sorry if i wandered from the topic.

Yeah, I hope Conquests brings in more people. If we loose any I'll have to find a new source of feedback