YES!!!!!!

I YOU MANNING!!!

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 7, 2003, 02:54   #212
Ned
King

Local Time: 01:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Unbelievable game. One of the best I have ever seen. Wow!

I can only hope these two teams meet again in the Super Bowl.
Old October 7, 2003, 08:23   #213
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 04:25
21 points in 4 minutes, against the Tampa defense.

If my daughter hadn't come downstairs with insomnia, I would have gone to bed...

That penalty call on Simeon Rice was weird, but apparently the technically correct call. Serves Simeon right for continuing to diss the U. of Illinois by refusing to mention them in his pregame video shot.
Ash-hole...

Now Tampa learns for real what it's like to have every team on your schedule treating it like their personal Super Bowl game. (For a second there, I actually felt a little sorry for reismark. But it passed... )

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old October 7, 2003, 08:47   #214
reismark
NationStatesApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:25
*bangs head repeatedly against wall*

This will teach me to never, *never* go to bed when an INT return for a touchdown gives you a 21-point lead. (I had no choice... I have the specter of a big exam hovering over me in a little more than an hour.) No, Imran, I don't blame the refs for this one - there is NO WAY the defense should have blown that lead with that little time left.

And of course, I get the double whammy... not only does the D weirdly decide to take the second half and overtime off aside from that INT, but Peyton comes up THREE ****ING POINTS short in my attempt for a miracle comeback against Imran in FF. It's like a nightmare I slept through. God damn the Indianapolis Colts. Damn them to hell.

Now we're gonna see what my boys are really made of.

The Redskins? DEAD next week. D-E-A-D.
Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Last edited by reismark; October 7, 2003 at 08:52.
Old October 7, 2003, 09:04   #215
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Nice to see you taking it so well reismark
Old October 7, 2003, 09:21   #216
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

I needed an Indy win to win in our money pool.
I went to bed in disgust with 4 minutes to go.
Pleasant surprise this morning.

GO INDY.

GO CUBS, GO BOSOX. Make it a magic year.
Old October 7, 2003, 13:57   #217
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 02:25
This is what I'm talking about.

I've always been a Peyton Manning fan. People keep talking **** about Jake Plummer.

Manning has always been one of the best QB's in the leaque. Finally he gets respect.

If I hear Brett Favre again I'm going to puke.

The commentators still said they wanted Brett Favre last night for come back victories. **** that! Favre might get you 1 or 2 late touchdowns. But he throws too many picks. If I want a QB to get 4 td's in the 4th quarter, Manning is the man.
Old October 7, 2003, 18:06   #218
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
Peyton comes up THREE ****ING POINTS short in my attempt for a miracle comeback against Imran in FF.
WOOOOHOOOO!

Best of both worlds!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old October 7, 2003, 18:17   #219
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Oh, and:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1632537

Quote:
Rule 12, Section 3, Article 2 of the 2003 Official Playing Rules of the National Football League defines the unsportsmanlike conduct/leaping penalty as follows:

"Clearly running forward and leaping in an obvious attempt to block a field goal, or try-kick after touchdown and landing on players, unless the leaping player was originally lined up within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped."
So the officials didn't screw up. It's like another 'Tuck' Rule .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old October 7, 2003, 19:53   #220
reismark
NationStatesApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Oh, ****.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1632896

Quote:
Bucs' Alstott out for season with neck injury

TAMPA -- The Buccaneers placed Mike Alstott on the injured reserve list today, with ESPN's John Clayton reporting that the move will end the fullback's season.

Alstott agravated a neck injury in the Buccaneers' 38-35 overtime loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Alstott started Monday night's game against the Colts, despite sitting out two days of practice to undergo tests last week. The six-time Pro Bowl fullback rushed for 1 yard on three carries and had two receptions for 25 yards before leaving in the second half.

"We will continue feverishly to try to find the specific nature of why this problem persists," Bucs coach Jon Gruden said Saturday.
This hurts. This really, really, hurts. In the end, I think it will make Pittman a better RB, but in the short term, we need a great blocker and quickly.
Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)
Old October 8, 2003, 18:26   #221
Tuberski

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned this:

If you watched the second field goal attempt in OT, not only did it hit the upright, but a Bucs player also tipped it just a tiny bit. If he hadn't touched it, it would have been wide right. He hit it just enough to bring it back towards the goal post.

Watch the trajectory of the ball.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old October 8, 2003, 21:51   #222
Ned
King

The reason Rice landed on a Tampa Bay player is that the Tampa Line was forced back by Indy. Had this not happed, Rice would not have commited the foul.

It's almost like the difference between a player running into a kicker or a kicker running into a player. There is contact in both cases, but only one is a foul.

I think the rule should be amended to clarify it so that this kind of thing does not happen again.
Old October 9, 2003, 01:07   #223
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Manning is just doing it all... and Berz didn't play him against me in the "other" league because he was playing against the Tampa Defense... Instead, he played the Dallas QB

I guess this was Manning's reply to Berzerker... start me NO MATTER WHAT, fool!

Reis had Berz in the Poly League, but he just came short . Our QBs don't get as many points (thank GOD ).
Old October 9, 2003, 01:10   #224
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
The reason Rice landed on a Tampa Bay player is that the Tampa Line was forced back by Indy. Had this not happed, Rice would not have commited the foul.

It's almost like the difference between a player running into a kicker or a kicker running into a player. There is contact in both cases, but only one is a foul.

I think the rule should be amended to clarify it so that this kind of thing does not happen again.
BULL! The rule is meant for the safety of the players. A lot of players got hurt by players trying to block kicks falling on them, especially those who ran a bit and got a 'boost'. So it shouldn't matter if the line was forced back. The rule is meant to protect players, not to prevent an 'advantage'.
Old October 9, 2003, 13:08   #225
Ned
King

Now, I've been saying some nice things about Carolina here. But would you believe that three out of the four hosts on HBO's Inside the NFL show pick Carolina to beat Indy at Indy this week? Now, that is really a vote of confidence after Indy's demonstration of execellence at Tampa Bay Monday.

http://www.hbo.com/apps/inflpicksgame/hostpicks.do
Old October 9, 2003, 17:57   #226
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
BULL! The rule is meant for the safety of the players. A lot of players got hurt by players trying to block kicks falling on them, especially those who ran a bit and got a 'boost'. So it shouldn't matter if the line was forced back. The rule is meant to protect players, not to prevent an 'advantage'.
I don't see a lot of college players getting hurt. They can do it.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old October 9, 2003, 18:21   #227
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
I don't see a lot of college players getting hurt. They can do it.
Can they land on other players? I've never seen that before. And does that matter? Really, since NFL players didn't get injured without it, does that mean the old 'Halo' rule wasn't for the protection of the return men?

Quote:
three out of the four hosts on HBO's Inside the NFL show
Unfortunetly that isn't saying much .
Old October 9, 2003, 18:26   #228
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Can they land on other players? I've never seen that before. And does that matter? Really, since NFL players didn't get injured without it, does that mean the old 'Halo' rule wasn't for the protection of the return men?
Since the 'Halo' rule is gone since it was needless, shouldn't this rule be gone also?

ACK!
Old October 9, 2003, 18:31   #229
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Since the 'Halo' rule is gone since it was needless, shouldn't this rule be gone also?
Why do you assume the halo rule is gone because it was 'needless'? College football decided that the rule caused problems (you have to eyeball the halo, etc.) and a more NFL type rule is less problematic so they switched it. They still have a rule to protect the player (you have to allow him to be able to catch the ball).
Old October 10, 2003, 13:50   #230
Ned
King

Imran, you can see the replay on HBO. It is clear that the guy from the line runs into Rice, not the other way around.
Old October 10, 2003, 15:47   #231
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Go Dallas Cowboys
Go Cowboy Team
We're here to cheer you on your way
With a great big Yippee-Ai-Ay
Show 'em Dallas Cowboys
You're really booming on the beam
The eyes of Texas are upon you
Dallas Cowboy team

Ride 'em Cowboys hit that line
Keep that ball control
Run the ends and throw that pass
'Til you cross that goal line

Go Dallas Cowboys
Go Cowboy Team
We're here to cheer you on your way
With a great big Yippee-Ai-Ay
Show 'em Dallas Cowboys
You're really booming on the beam
The eyes of Texas are upon you
Dallas Cowboy team
- - - by Irving Bibo & John T. Boudreau, 1960
Old October 12, 2003, 09:59   #232
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

4 undefeated teams still left... Colts, Vikings, Panthers, and Chiefs.

There should be some good games today... Are you ready for some football.
Old October 12, 2003, 12:43   #233
Ned
King

Well the Vikes don't seem to be playing. Carolina goes to Indy. Both teams are undefeated. KC goes to Green Bay. The odds suggest that the day ends with Indy and the Vikes being the only undefeated teams.
Old October 12, 2003, 12:54   #234
Ming
lifer
Retired

I think KC can take the Packers. Even in Green Bay.

The packers have looked terrible this year. They did look good beating up the Seahawks... but otherwise, they have looked very beatable. The Chiefs have looked great.
Old October 12, 2003, 13:04   #235
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
I think KC can take the Packers. Even in Green Bay.

The packers have looked terrible this year. They did look good beating up the Seahawks... but otherwise, they have looked very beatable. The Chiefs have looked great.
I think this might be the toughest game KC has had yet. If they can beat Green Bay, well, they may be good enough to win it all.
Old October 12, 2003, 13:07   #236
Ming
lifer
Retired

Yeah... it will be tough. But the Packers have been "beatable" at home this year. The weather is nice
Old October 12, 2003, 13:22   #237
Ming
lifer
Retired

And after saying that... GB draws first blood on a 1 yard TD pass to Franks.
Old October 12, 2003, 13:25   #238
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Oh ****! I forgot the submit my picks this week .

I'm sorry Sloth and reis. Damn!
Old October 12, 2003, 13:31   #239
Ming
lifer
Retired

Bummer
Old October 12, 2003, 13:35   #240
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Farve is carving up the KC D today... wow...