View Poll Results:
GodKing 13 41.94%
Kloreep 13 41.94%
of bananas! 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 28, 2003, 13:32   #1
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ELECTION : Vice-President, Term 2
Ok, maybe the third time's the charm here Let's try this again - proper candidates, check! Poll - check!

Still ends in 3 days!

Candidates:
GodKing
Kloreep
Old September 28, 2003, 13:57   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

ouch... tough choice.

CANDIDATES: WE NEED A CAMPAIGN!!!

Old September 28, 2003, 14:11   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 03:26
Where are they? We need campaign speechs!
Old September 28, 2003, 15:23   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 02:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
ouch... tough choice.

CANDIDATES: WE NEED A CAMPAIGN!!!
I agree. For this and DM voting. I'll withhold my vote until I hear what each has to say.
Old September 29, 2003, 15:10   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:26
I didn't even know I was in. OK. My campaing - I will do as much if not more than what I have already done, which is unfortunately absolutely nothing. (It is good to have a prez who doesn't want or need much).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 29, 2003, 18:48   #6
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

My campaign: Wow, there's another candidate! Didn't realize that. (Sounds like neither did he. ) Cool. I'm tempted to tell everyone to vote for GK. But nah, I signed up for this already, and non-elections are dull.

My weekday schedule is full, especially in the US evenings when most people here would be available, but I would run weekend chats when needed (unless Makahlua wants to keep doing the chats herself, which would be fine with me ).
Old September 30, 2003, 01:33   #7
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 11:26
it seems noone wants to VP. So let it be the banana!
Old September 30, 2003, 03:46   #8
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Indeed, the candidates should offer stronger reasons to vote for them. I think you're both highly qualified for the job and the difficulty of choosing between you makes me (and likely others) tempted to choose Banana. Please offer compelling reasons why we should not.
Old September 30, 2003, 09:57   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Well, I know that Makalua had indicated (threatened) that if nobody ran for office, she would just have everybody from this term run again. So I suspect that is why I am in this race.

You ask for a compelling reason to vote for me. Why? The job of the VP is simple. Do what you can to assist the President, and, in case of Presidential absence, take over those duties and responsibilities. In term 1, Makalua was VP, and our new Prez had a computer failure that prompted his resignation. Makalua took over, and I was elected as VP in mid-term. She has, in my opinion, done an excellent job. She has also not requested any assistance from the office of VP (which is a refreshing change much like it was at the begging of the first term). :d

That means that the position of VP is at this time little more than a precaution. Good. You all know my and Kloreeps record. We both have a good and long history here in the demo game. Both our schedules conflict with weekday chats (mine in particular on Wednesday nights because of my teaching responsibilities). You know that either one of us can and will step forward if in the unfortunate circumstances our esteemed president cannot perform her duties. So, why should you vote for either one of us? Security. The knowledge that someone will be ready to step forward and help the game proceed as necessary. Either way, it is not like the other one will abandon this game because they "didn’t win”.

So, you want a reason to specifically vote for me, fine. I promise that if our president has to resign, then I will step forward. I also promise that if she asks for any assistance, that I will do whatever I can to provide it. In other words, I promise to do the job. If the job consists of not doing anything (as has so far happened, although I plan on writing a NewZ UpdAte soon, but would probably do one whether or not I was VP), than let it be known that I am very good at doing nothing .

--Con
Old September 30, 2003, 10:11   #10
Arnelos
Emperor

GodKing
Old September 30, 2003, 11:19   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
I think you're both highly qualified for the job and the difficulty of choosing between you makes me (and likely others) tempted to choose Banana. Please offer compelling reasons why we should not.
That would be sad, two qualified candidates and Banana wins.
Old September 30, 2003, 13:20   #12
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

GK gave a good reason not to vote for the banana. I won't restate it.

As to why you should vote for me: Likewise, it goes without saying I will step forward if Makahlua has to resign. The only other point I can think if is I realized my schedule is changing a little in October, and chats later in the night (US) would be possible during the week; so I could be more flexible than I said before when holding a chat.
Old September 30, 2003, 15:33   #13
GodKing
Emperor

Hey Kloreep, we woudl be tied now if I hadn't voted for you. Cool. An actual race. Lets see if we can get this to be a tie! Come on folks. You can do it. TIE TIE TIE !!!

--Con
Old September 30, 2003, 17:32   #14
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

I'm trying to make it a tie but banana has a ways to go
Old September 30, 2003, 17:36   #15
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Indeed, the candidates should offer stronger reasons to vote for them. I think you're both highly qualified for the job and the difficulty of choosing between you makes me (and likely others) tempted to choose Banana. Please offer compelling reasons why we should not.
No one knows how to campaign anymore, Arnelos.

Man, did we ever show them...once long ago...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 30, 2003, 18:31   #16
Kloreep
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Hey Kloreep, we woudl be tied now if I hadn't voted for you.
Why thank you. I would return the favor, but I already went for the banana. Don't vote while hungry!

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Cool. An actual race. Lets see if we can get this to be a tie! Come on folks. You can do it. TIE TIE TIE !!!
Tie! Tie! Tie!

The only thing that could make this race more interesting is mudslinging.

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Hey! I resemble that remark!
Old September 30, 2003, 18:56   #17
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Man, did we ever show them...once long ago...
Maybe I'll just have to run for office one of these days

If I'm running against the Banana, I can run the campaign with the most aggressive attack campaign ever leveled at that rotting piece of fruit
Old September 30, 2003, 19:06   #18
MattH
King

Local Time: 09:26
Quote:
If I'm running against the Banana, I can run the campaign with the most aggressive attack campaign ever leveled at that rotting piece of fruit
How DARE you slander the holy Banana?

Old September 30, 2003, 21:08   #19
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 02:26
I voted for Kloreep

Last edited by Tassadar500; September 30, 2003 at 21:24.
Old October 1, 2003, 01:26   #20
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Two good candidates, and we actually have a reasonably close election.
Old October 1, 2003, 13:02   #21
GodKing
Emperor

Well, we are tied, but the banana is 8 behind.... vote banana!!!!!

--Con
Old October 1, 2003, 15:11   #22
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Please use the link below and help settle the tie in a no banana runoff

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=98270