Old December 7, 2003, 12:34   #391
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 03:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Chinese people looked around the world and were filled with a great feeling of sorrow and fear. They, with the flegdling English democracy, stood as the final democracy on the planet not of the edge of a grand world war.

The liberial government of the Chinese had spent its attention on the tools of economics, markets, engineering projects, sewer systems, but now out of fear the people were demanding a new method of governing, and that the war machine be built up, factories, barracks, and all the tools ment for men to wage war. To fight that world against the yet to be seen foe, to protect ourselves from the folly of our warring allies, and in some instantces to avoid being next.

The political events had come to play, shameless manipulation had taken place on both sides, however the larger coalition had planned its war best, the Azande and Indians would be able to fight a war against their main rival, mainly in the territory of the less fortuent Egyptians, would would bear most of the damage untill the power of the larger nations could be brought to bear. Like wise, Serbia had tartardom as at least a temporary sheild from direct attack. The feild did not look good for the Serbians, as the Deitian superpower had emerged, willing to crush anyone who dared oppose them.

The Chinese wandered without much political direction, but now the fear was over taking them, and if they ever get enough turns to go by, their grand plan will be put into play, and the nations of the world would once again fear the might of the Chinese nation.

....but with the madness of the world, who would be the aggetator of this new found fear, and thus become its final vicitim....?
Old December 7, 2003, 17:09   #392
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 09:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
WAR is headline news as Tartars attack peacful Razlamsi and slaughter hundreds of thousands iof innocent civilian, Fascist allaince formed to fight back, India and Azande declare war !!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	baby.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	59078  
Old December 7, 2003, 17:12   #393
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 05:26
HAHAHA

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old December 7, 2003, 17:16   #394
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

NINTH SESSION 1120 AD

Serbs (Ljube) 25 Cities 50 Units
Egyptians (Raz) 31 Cities 47 Units
Tartars (Zylka) 25 Cities 54 Units
Azande (Deity) 26 Cities 101 Units
China (Frank) 23 Cities 31 Units
English (Ozzy) 26 Cities 56 Units
India (Berzerker) 34 Cities 34 Units

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old December 7, 2003, 17:28   #395
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Ninth Session Graph
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	9thsessiongraph.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	59080  

Old December 7, 2003, 17:53   #396
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

1120 AD Map
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	1120admap.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	59081  

Old December 7, 2003, 18:32   #397
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Save 1120 AD
Ninth Session
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1120ad.net (189.8 KB, 8 views)

Old December 7, 2003, 18:46   #398
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

The revolution that began in America and later in France has swept the British nation and at long last deposed the despotic rule of King George III. For long the whereabouts of the world's last monarch were unknown. Long presumed dead or in hiding, the mystery still dogs the new Democracy.

The Revolutionary War was not as bloody as some expected. Many soldiers threw down their arms and embraced the revolutionaries. The only place of significant bloodshed was in France where Robespierre and his French Revolutionaries took years of frustration out on English troops and citizens. This dark patch of brutal bloodshed did not damper the festivities that began throughout the nation.

General George Washington was elected the first President of the United States of Britain. Washington quickly became the most popular British leader since King Arthur. Celebrations were had almost daily in USB ports, cities, and villages. With their new found freedom the people found plenty of time for...certain forms of leisure. The population increased dramatically.

The first flag of the United States of Britain, nicknamed the Union Glory was first stitched together in Arthurtown by an English colonist named Betsy Ross. Twenty-Six stars represent the 26 different states of USB. The rest is the former flag of Great Britain.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	unionglory.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	59088  

Old December 7, 2003, 18:50   #399
Zylka
King

~Letter to Marshall Winzity; on the Eve of Second Wave TarTartian attack in the Middle East~

Sir Winzity, I write you in brief break from necessary combat the most wonderful news of overall progression in TarTardom. For this first part of the letter; the essential and immediately active resultant happenings will be described. This includes recent levels of escalating international turmoil - of which you can now proudly claim to have a strong hand of pruning. Along just causes and treachery prevention; TarTardom now maintains a respected first strike capability by noble, and human means.

First might I mention how the former half of my office was rather of vast structural reform, majority of affairs in strengthing bond with our Serbian neighbours - whilst keeping constantly active in dialogue and opinion with our Chinese brothers of opposite side. You might put much worth in a "good fences=good neighbours" concept, but I must stress how much more beneficial (especially in these two mentioned cases) the "good interaction" variable is for the formula.

Now, for the core of foreign diplomacy of which followed and resulted in current situation. Relations with the Indian neigbours of south have for the most part drawn on happily neutral - with little the type of discourse and planned action outlined with the others. The Egyptians pinching our border just west of them have been consistently dealt with on the same (admittedly emotional) basis I entered military office with; regarding them the Nation which if in hands of any of our good Christian people would provide for a second and assuredly larger holocaust. The Azandes have not been contacted for lack of need - and knowledge of their existence as sleeping, opportune giant looking for quick gains by even shaky alliance justification.

In any case - I must admit the single, disgraceful fault in all of temporary office; regarding the penultimate mentioned Empire. Raz had near end of duration come to me much like the snake in the tree; offering pact with himself and Deity to invade the comparatively infrastructure based India of (as I now know) your friend, Berz. Being until that point neutral in my dealings with him, not knowing of past like for cooperation with his empire, and sizing the seemingly undefended apple as "accomplishment" of my reign - I balanced the possibility of a diversionary attack up north for ChittaChonga. This was to possibly take place whilst Raz followed through with his concretely prepared seaborn invasion of two undefended coastal cities; and the subsequent follow through of Egyptian Cavalry rampage in inner India herself.

Partially with the level headed underground diplomacy forced upon my own tempted mind by the trusted Chinese; I came to near immediate relisation of who I was considering dealing with - and of what previous relationship I would be destroying in baseless, arrogant conquest of a technical ally. With final decision in mind, I instead moved our newly expanded and fearsome forces towards the middle east - in pretending to now want to approach India from their rocky north western mainland. Readying to watch the two aforementioned cities fall in international justification of Egyptian slaughter (and confident of Indian capability for immediate recovery with my piercing of Egyptian land route) - I sat in conversation with the evil one pretending of support. He kept insisting that I myself make the first move of aggressive attack, definitely weary of my own ambition in sudden troop relocation.

Suddenly, before his ships could arrive - Berz had finally defended the two cities in spearhead question. Raz immediately defecated his armor, so to speak - and now "subtly" hinted change in direction of his own:

(This is by loose memory our conversation, for lack of official scribe record at current)

Raz: me going to attack now alright!

Zylka: On what justification? I thought you desired that.

R: on justification of TarTar aggression!

Zylka: Pardon me? That is ridiculous justification, and nothing of what I will allow you.

R: no it not

He had contact with his men before I... we were at odds obvious to a child. I quickly gambled, playing naive and telling lies for the ears of a leader who actually was:

Zylka: HAHA - I have inner workings of the Indian defense straight from the Chinese now. I am ready to slaughter him immediately. Will you sell me two techs for 350g on my turn, by the way?

R: oh, ok

He took the bait, like a rabid Kootenay raccoon being shown a worthless, shiny object possible for gift. The Egyptian opportunity for attack and self preservation passed just as time and the communicative distance between myself and waiting officers of command did. They swept inner Asian Egypt upon immediate receivership of orders, and dealt a crushing blow to the hopes of any future Egyptian manipulation in the area.

Marshall, we have near routed their poor forces even in initial combat. The city formerly known as Zambua was destroyed under heavy and necessary canon fire - the 10,000 poor yet vehemently propogated Egyptian citizens meant to die for recklessness of their own "caring" leader. There have been no bloodthirsty "hundred thousand" large citizen slaughters as reported by Muslim forces - yet I can not say the same for their own ill prepared body of totalitarian servicemen.

In end - we are at concrete war with the Egyptians. Azande has provided initial support for our enemy, although only in the form of having their flagship Caribbean bombardier boarded and sunk by our brave men stationed at the attacked Lande Island.

Unknowing of behind the scenes event, yet directly told of my temporary lust for his northern fringes by myself - Berz of India has declared technical war on TarTardom in an understood response. Given our the rocky Indo-TarTartian border and our received substantial gift of world renowned Serbian arms, war with him will provide nothing more than gainless and horrific attrition for both parties. I can only give my apology for this sideline outcome, and my faith that your return will restore friendship with this Democratic and just leader. The Chinese seem to have lost like faith in ourselves via much of the manipulation I had initially taken part in; but still remain worthy of all our trust. Please repair projected identity with them as soon as possible, for they have more than provided cooperation in aspects other than war - of which the second part of this letter will touch upon.

Last edited by Zylka; December 7, 2003 at 19:06.
Old December 7, 2003, 19:34   #400
Zylka
King

Winzity, please study in detail the accompanying charts and progressive maps of the Empire. Internal affairs and restructuring on the following portion of this document.

*Sample page of the visual documentation*
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	expansionrep.gif
Views:	40
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	59093  
Old December 7, 2003, 20:21   #401
Zylka
King

*Portion of Internal Affairs Report*

-Unit and city count increased substantially; operational settlers on field increased by 350%
-International Bank of Trondheim opened. Several lesser national institutions to follow
-More widescale & publicly available marketplace base increased; by three major urban locations
-Annual treasury surplus increased over 200%
-Infrastructure implemented in Trondheim to promote near immediate population growth of +50%
-Major Industrial factory complex completed in Skara of the Ural mining region
-Lesser Trondheim general goods factory soon to follow, able for war support via supply
-National Barracks increased by (UNDISCLOSED #) facilities; (UNDISCLOSED) to follow
-Numerous technologies received through barter while keeping home research at bare minimum
(Including):
…………………Rail Road
…………………Industrialization
…………………Explosives
…………………Steam Engine
…………………Tactics

-Majority claim of Central America accomplished
-Purchase of two major urban areas by homeland, and a smaller imperial fort in the Americas
-Ceding of isolated and vulnerable Jerusalem (old Jarrow) in such purchase

With these basic changes in mind – I must suggest the follow up directional strategy in keeping with current momentum: Strike fast and hard into corrupt Egyptian ME lands, head straight for OUR Holy Lands of Jerusalem as final objective. Further strengthen current border protection in mentioned areas of possible hostility by immediate reinforcement of defense capable terrain. Immediately put into use newfound methods of explosives and to speed completion of the vital trans TarTardom network of rail. Cater your commercially exploding people towards an eventual switch to Democracy when desired situation for peace and stability is attained. Grant more and more public freedoms to slowly rid ourselves of this so called “Fascism” – the pure form of which is only worth use by our enemies. Such is not the time nor climate to completely shed this abrasive skin, of course.

I now await departure back to my homeland – and in so ask one final and personal request. There is an arctic sea bound hand pick of 10, 000 of the most beautiful TarTar people (most of course, women) – headed for settlement near my west coast America home of North Vanqouver. Would you please direct this hopeful reminder of your beloved Empire to coordinates 179, 25 – and settle the city of “New Vanquover” so that I might from then on work in conjunction and constant contact with your wonderful, Christian people. Please be mindful of just Serbian claims in the area – and stick ONLY TO this single settlement in the Northern Americas.

It was an honor to serve in employment, and I wish you best success in the future.

General Zylka

Last edited by Zylka; December 7, 2003 at 20:30.
Old December 8, 2003, 01:58   #402
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 19:26
The Emporer Rasputin laughs as he reads the Tartars reports..

Forutnalty he had kept the Indians fully informed of all Tartar and Serb plans. (Which fro msecret plans receiver indicated not Azande but Chinese influence)

But with peace in our minds we offer the returning Tartar leader winzity the following

1. Cessation of all attacks and acceptance of true guilt behind these cowardly attacks

2. The immdiete withdrawal of all Tartar military units to beyond orginal Razlamic and Tartar borders

3. All South american tartar city to be turned over to Indian control

4. All other mainland american citys to be turned over to Egyptian control

5. Retunr of the Egpyt city of Razlamic Asia

6. Imediate construction of two engineers, one to rebuild the destroyed city of Eastern Mount and te second t ocomplete a rail lnk to Razlamic Asia.

Once al lthis os okayed by the Indians and azandes we will cease al lour retalitory strikes against you
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old December 8, 2003, 02:27   #403
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

map of peace plan in Asia
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	peaceplan1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	59111  
Old December 8, 2003, 02:31   #404
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

central amrica plan ..

City to be handed over to Egypt or Azande control....
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	peaceplan2.jpg
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	59112  
Old December 8, 2003, 02:32   #405
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

South America peace plan

City to be handed over to Indian Control
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	peaceplan3.jpg
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	59114  
Old December 8, 2003, 02:40   #406
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

We call on hte chinese to aid the tartars in their rebuilding mode to return t oa peaceful nation... All avenues of peacful support should be offered...
Old December 8, 2003, 02:43   #407
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

whilst serbia has declared her suport for tartars attacks we are willing to sign apeace with them immediatly if they maintain their troops in hteir own teritory.
Old December 8, 2003, 03:25   #408
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

in a vision a t night rasputin did see some strange things....

He saw many people crying out for help

He saw strange things in the air

He heard loud noices

He saw Azande citys buring

He saw seas rising

He saw the sun dissappear

He knew not what this meant ....
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	war.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	59119  
Old December 8, 2003, 03:26   #409
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

He was confused by all this and wonderedwhat it meant, but felt the witchdocotrs must have done something bad !!!!!!
Old December 8, 2003, 07:14   #410
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
There was much to think about...

Lizard kept hearing words of peace from the Egyptians and words of EMPIRE from the Tartars...

Lizard kept hearing of Serb cowardice and how they wanted Egypt to launch war against Azande...

Lizard kept hearing lies... and half-truths...
Old December 8, 2003, 08:20   #411
Zylka
King

*At home in the Americas, smiling - Zylka reads of recent world news and numerous comical "peace" demands of the now routed Egyptian forces. He places the oilskin news parchment down beside drink, and kisses his wonderful mistress on the forehead.

He laughs, harder and in more comforting fulfillment than could be imagined. "This is panic.." he softly notes "panic beyond knowing how to bluff, or when you're beat by the better. God bless, TarTardom."

Holding one another; he and the young woman retire to the bed chamber*
Old December 8, 2003, 08:32   #412
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Rasputin sat with his Field Marshalls and Generals and looked over their plans, he was happy with how it was going He wouldnt interfer with their day to day plans, but kpet an overall view of the progress.

Casualty reports were in.

1 Battalion of Stormtroopers and 1 Cavalry Dvision murdered in their sleep in the town of Eastern Mount. Another Division of Cavalry murdered making encampment on hills overlooking the Holy Lands.

All the Razlamics in the city of Razlamic Asia killed in their sleep and new Tartar civilians moved in. Eastern Mount burned to the ground under cannon fire all citizens killed.

Enemy losses were half a division of Cannons were taken out, by the brave solidiers of Eastern Mount.

Not good numbers to start with, but the remaining 20 Divisions of Cavalry were poised to attack. Lunde would be freed of Tartar aggression within a month. The Enemy east of the mountain range would be pushed back decively.

Still no sign of serb movement, but the egyptians were used to tht. Many time sthey had threatene dto leave their barracks and ride down but never were they seen in war. In fact despite all the Serbian angst against Azande over many centuries, not once had they attacked a single Azande Military unit , nor even attempted to enter Azande land, even though they hada large fleet of ships.

Rasputin pondered on this as he realised all the Serbs had been pushing him to attack the Azande for years and not doing anything themselves was a ruse. Just as the "Planned Attack" opn India was, well he had seen through that in his travels and had under gone major rework to change things.

Yes, things should work well for his vision of a free Razlamic state in Asia .

The Egyptiians had shown that they supported the threatened nations by relaying critical information to the indians in their time of need. Now if Berzerker only had the balls to make astand , never agai nwould the weak be threatened.
Old December 8, 2003, 18:11   #413
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Rasputin speaks to the Azande Council
Everyone wonders what is happening about the war. For several months past the Tartars have been uttering ferocious threats of what they are going to do to the Indians and the Egyptians -when once they set about them. But so far it is the small Asian Razlamic provinces that are bearing the brunt of Tartar malice and cruelty.

We, the aggrieved and belligerent Powers who are waging war against the Tartars, have no need to ask for respite. Every week our commerce grows; every month our organization is improved and reinforced. We must always be expecting some bad thing from the Tartars, but I will venture to say that it is with growing confidence that we await the further developments or variants of their attack.

Numbers do not daunt us. But judged even by the test of numbers we have no reason to doubt that once the latent, and now rapidly growing, power of the Egyptian Empire are brought, as they must be, and as they will be, fully into line with the magnificent efforts of the Azande, then, even in mass and in weight, we shall not be found wanting. When we look behind the brazen fronts of Tartardom-as we have various means of doing-we see many remarkable signs of psychological and physical disintegration. We see the shortages of raw materials which already begin to hamper both the quality and the volume of their war industry. We feel the hesitancy of divided counsels, and the pursuing doubts which assail and undermine those who count on force and force alone.

In the bitter and increasingly exacting conflict which lies before us we are resolved to keep nothing back, and not to be outstripped by any in service to the common cause. Let the great cities of Razlamuc Asia, of India, of the Middle East banish despair even in the midst of their agony. Their liberation is sure. The day will come when the joybells will ring again throughout Egypt, and when victorious nations, masters not only of their foes but of themselves, will plan and build in justice, in tradition, and in freedom a house of many mansions where there will be room for all.
Old December 8, 2003, 18:43   #414
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka
*At home in the Americas, smiling - Zylka reads of recent world news and numerous comical "peace" demands of the now routed Egyptian forces. He places the oilskin news parchment down beside drink, and kisses his wonderful mistress on the forehead.

He laughs, harder and in more comforting fulfillment than could be imagined. "This is panic.." he softly notes "panic beyond knowing how to bluff, or when you're beat by the better. God bless, TarTardom."

Holding one another; he and the young woman retire to the bed chamber*
Egpyt hereby withdraws all offers of peace to the Tartars. The Arrogance of the Tartars has shown the yneed to be taught a lesson. Razlamics world wide hold a prayer vigilance for the lost souls.....

We live in a terrible epoch of the human story, but we believe there is a broad and sure justice running through its theme. It is time that the enemy should be made to suffer in their own homelands something of the torment they have let loose upon their neighbours and upon the world. We believe it to be in our power to keep this process going, on a steadily rising tide, month after month, year after year, until they are either extirpated by us or, better still, torn to pieces by their own people
Old December 8, 2003, 21:20   #415
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

cavalry charge in asia
With his dry, flaxen hair flowing about his ears, General Ishmael raised himself in his stirrups, held his saber outthrust, and cried to the men from The Holy Lands, 'Come on, you Wolverines!'
At a trot, at a gallop, the bombastic Ishmael, leading his Wolverines four length in front, reined his horse straight across the open land on a collision course as the ground gave off a muffled rumble where thousands of pounding hoofs were churning pasture lands into a mulch of dirt and crushed clover.
Finally, in a great tangle of men and horses, the Egyptians and Tartars smashed head-on. 'So sudden and violent was the collision,' according to an eyewitness, 'that many of the horses were turned end over end and crushed their riders beneath them.'
The impact of Ishmaels's troopers halted the front of the Tartar column, and in a swirl of milling and yelling, sabers twirled and hacked, turned red, and twirled again, pistols and carbines spurted at point-blank range and frantic horses, squealing with the wildest kind of terror, hit and kicked and threw their riders into a melee of grinding hoofs
With Ishmael and his Wolverines chopping at the front of the Tartar column, other Egyptian squadrons flailed in on the flank - in some instances the momentum of their attack carried horses and riders clear through massed Tartar troopers - and the fighting broke into a general free-for-all...,
After a frenzy of saber slashing.,..the contestants called it a day. The Tartars retired to the plains whence they had come, leaving the field of combat to the Egyptian horsemen
Old December 8, 2003, 21:28   #416
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

battle plains
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mv_thompson_ridge2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	59159  
Old December 8, 2003, 21:29   #417
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

resting after battle
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	general_crook_and_staff2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	59160  
Old December 9, 2003, 00:40   #418
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Secretary of State, Thomas Jefferson delivers his report at a USB cabinet meeting.
What a world we have inherited. Of the seven great civilizations in the world, a mere two are not embroiled in this great and deadly war that has fallen upon the globe like a dark shroud. To some British the war feels remote and far away. But to we who know how small the world has become, this war spells trouble no matter how it is approached.

In the last week alone I have met with emissaries from all nations except the haughty and secretive Indians. Both the Tartars and Egyptians lobbied hard to have USB troops fight on their side of the conflict. I declined them both, but our situation is a complicated one. Our great and eternal allies the Serbs and Azande are now at war with each other. How can we possibly take sides between them, but yet by remaining neutral do we dishonor both our alliances?

The Egyptians asked for cash loans to fuel their war effort. While this is less intrusive than commiting troops, I still felt it was not our place and would only elicit the anger of our Serb allies. Upon declining the Egyptian diplomat became quite upset with us, distrusting our neutrality and questioning our motives. I will continue to pledge true neutrality in this conflict, but I am worried this war will engulf the whole world whether we want it or not.

Of all the world's powers, the only understanding friend we have are the Chinese. Our fellow democracy who is likewise torn and neutral. Trading partners with the Indians and close friends and allies with the Tartars they too attempt to sit out this conflict and understand our position. Like all nations however, they fear the accumulation of power. This war is influenced by and may further tip the balance of power, and even neutral nations must be concerned.

I have charged Deputy Secretary Metternich with the duty of untangling the web of deceit and manuevering that led up to this war. He has done some digging and come up with the following scenario:

Envious of the wealth and power amassed by the Azande and Indians, the smaller nations of Egypt, Serbia and Tartardom began plotting an invasion. It is believed a leadership change and practical political considerations contributed to the dramatic realignment shown by the alliance of Tartardom with their longtime enemies the Serbs and the Egyptians.

The Serbs provided technology, information and military assistance to their neighbors, however the duplicitus Egyptians had other intentions. They fed their allies' battle plans to the Indians and taught the Azande the new Serbian innovation in military Tactics. The superior Serbian intelligence discovered this betrayal and their leaders were enraged. This advancement was highly coveted and the betrayal dealt decades of military research into the hands of the highly militarized superpower, the Azande.

For this there could be no explination or apology and battle plans quickly changed from attacking the Indians and Azande to punishing the Egyptians for their betrayal. The Egyptians however made public the plans to attack the Azande and Indians, and called upon their new allies to defend them. This brought the war to its current state with Serbia & Tartardom vs. the Azande, Egyptians and Indians.

Metternich hears rumors of much backroom diplomacy on the part of the Azande and Chinese, however our sources are silent on this. Perhaps if the Tartars had not twice sabatoged Marco Polo's long ago missions to establish an embassy with the Chinese we would have better intelligence.

These are indeed troubled times. The only upside to this is the new world seems to have calmed as the great nations focus their destructive capability in the old world. The colonial wars between Tartars, Serbs, Chinese and British for dominance of the Americas seem to have subsided. Hopefully time will provide other positive elements to this situation, for the time being none are apparent.

This concludes my report, I will keep the cabinet advised of future developments on the world stage.

Old December 9, 2003, 02:03   #419
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Re: Secretary of State, Thomas Jefferson delivers his report at a USB cabinet meeting.
Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP

Envious of the wealth and power amassed by the Azande and Indians, the smaller nations of Egypt, Serbia and Tartardom began plotting an invasion. It is believed a leadership change and practical political considerations contributed to the dramatic realignment shown by the alliance of Tartardom with their longtime enemies the Serbs and the Egyptians.
Well as the Egyptians ahd all the best of both worlds from gifts from al;l nations we were not envious of any nations weatlh and certianly not indian who was far technologically inferiour to ourselves. However the Goverment change in Tartar was central to lal this,
Quote:

The Serbs provided technology, information and military assistance to their neighbors, however the duplicitus Egyptians had other intentions. They fed their allies' battle plans to the Indians and taught the Azande the new Serbian innovation in military Tactics. The superior Serbian intelligence discovered this betrayal and their leaders were enraged. This advancement was highly coveted and the betrayal dealt decades of military research into the hands of the highly militarized superpower, the Azande.
very close to the mark here, but waht yuo failed to post was the amount of misinformation fed by Englsih spys to Serbians, apparently the serbs were eld to beleive that Egypt was never to be trusted and so the first breakdown in communications caused this built up mistrust, put their by the englkish, to bubble forth into all out war. The other thing people are reaaly missing here is what would egypt gain by selling of an ally. well nothi9ng of course, buyt what would egypt gain by selling of a warmonger that was attempting to get the Egyptians to attack the azande. how could the egyptians attack azande. well maybe with a full serb invasion, but did that ever happen, did eve none serbian troop movemnt occur where they left theri warmm barracks with their cocoa and marshmellows, no, the whole history of serbian / egyptian arrangmenets was a lie, a lie to force war between azansde a nd egypt, distract azande from persuing their peaceful goals whilst serbs astayed out of it. We didnt fall for it not once. I laid out many plans for the serbs to follow that would show they were serious in thier claims of fullly aiding and abetting the egyptians, but not one of them was followed threw, it always had to be the serbian way.

OOC... I will post more after game is finished as to how this was achieved, very cleverly ......

IC....

Quote:

For this there could be no explination or apology and battle plans quickly changed from attacking the Indians and Azande to punishing the Egyptians for their betrayal. The Egyptians however made public the plans to attack the Azande and Indians, and called upon their new allies to defend them. This brought the war to its current state with Serbia & Tartardom vs. the Azande, Egyptians and Indians.
there never were plans by serbs and tartar to invade india, they wanted my troops mvoed out of egypt to india and whilst there to attack me.... fortuantly i didnt follow this plan, i immedialty infiorned the indians top be prepared.... if i had ever had plans of attacking indioa i certianly had the forces avaialbvle to do it, but chose not to , becasue in diplo yiou need a reason, not just i want more land ... indiand and egyptians were able to agree on borders... whilst tthe indians did promise to build cavalry imeediatyly and they lied and didnt do that, but built more defenders instead , we understand their fear of theri neighbours now.... forutnalty the only nation to come to egypotian aid was also the storngest, if china or england had offered any aid, then azande would still be in dark ages with no military techs... but the instant tartar forces were taekn by zylka and posts were read of serbian alliance with them, it was known qwho was the real target.... As i said egypt had to have a partner and no one offered so to get one we did waht we had to ensure our survival......
Quote:

These are indeed troubled times. The only upside to this is the new world seems to have calmed as the great nations focus their destructive capability in the old world. The colonial wars between Tartars, Serbs, Chinese and British for dominance of the Americas seem to have subsided. Hopefully time will provide other positive elements to this situation, for the time being none are apparent.
you obviously havent seen recent maps, the war is right on your door step in new world as serbs and tartars are all around you in new world and so is the Azande.... India or egypt will shorlty take back all taratar controlled citys in new world....
Old December 9, 2003, 10:18   #420
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

"Sir, we've learned there are Egyptian spies infiltrating the government at the highest level."
"Oh no, how high does it go?"
"All the way to the cabinet, sir. Our closed cabinet meetings are somehow being monitored by the Egyptians."
"This poses a terrible risk to national security. How on earth could the Egyptians penetrate our cabinet? We must begin an immediate and thourough investigation. There will be a price to pay for this slip in security."
"Yes sir, I'll get on it right away."