Old October 19, 2003, 22:05   #61
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 05:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
800 bc
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	advanced800bc.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	55395  

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 19, 2003, 23:52   #62
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 19:26
"sire, your attention please!" called the chief of the house guards

Tutenkhamen slowly turned and faced his chief. He reaaly didnt like this chubby little fellow , but he was the cousin of one of his many concubines.

"what is it now Luterus?" He turned back to his dinenr, he was on the 4th course of his customary 12 course dinner. This course was his favourite as it included the Egyptian specialty of fried gerbils.

"Sire, I must report to you of rumours spreadin the world at large, rumours about, you know, your prowess!"

"My prowess!! Why would that be in rumours round the world?" he started to get angry as he was very private about his private life.

"Some one has been telling our foriegn governments of something about you lacking in size!!"

Tutankhamen stood in a rage and threw his nearest spear at Luterus. It pinned him agaisnt a wall going through his thigh.
"Tell me who and we will wage war with them, I wont put up with this"

The maids in waiting al lcame rushing to Luterus's aid and removed the spear and ripped their already short skirts and used them as bandages for his wound.

"All the world laughs at you King tut. "

With that The King stormed out and wasnt seen for many months hence........
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old October 20, 2003, 20:38   #63
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:26
We must have a level platform - WE MUST HAVE IT LEVEL! Those were the words of the master architect to the foreman and his subordinates as the great project got underway...

Berzerker the Explorer, before setting out on his voyage of discovery to the southern continent and lands beyond, gave instructions to build a beautiful structure to appease the Gods and instill both a sense of greatness and happiness in the people. Sailors given leave will have highest priority for vacation time at our new tourist attraction, even higher priority than visiting dignataries in accordance with our custom of honoring the men and women who risk their lives building the trade routes upon which our wealth depends...

So it was, in the year 2900 of our being, the Hanging Gardens of Delhi were completed. A structure of immense beauty, facades painted in lapis lazuli, gold and silver with plants from all over the known world cascading down from the sky in memory of the Creator who ventured forth from the Celestial Vault to bring life to this once barren planet...
----------------------------------------------------

A Message from Berzerker the Explorer has preceded his return from the southern seas, "I have received word of it's completion and I'm very pleased our people are rejoicing at this marvel of engineering, congratulations are in order to those who've built this Wonder. But I have unfortunate news to bear from the southern continent. Our plans to rid the land of these barbarians have stalled as we've been put on the defensive by incessant attacks. Our offensive will resume shortly as new technology gives us an advantage over the barbarian archers..."
Old October 21, 2003, 08:43   #64
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

In a small Inn outside the City limits
Generals of the army, navy and engineers and other high ranking officials of the Egyptian government had all gathered in the small Inn, not just to taste the celebrated Honey Mead sold there, but to here the words of the man that had just entered the hall.
As he entered a hush fell across the room. All faces turned towards him and all eyes were riveted upon him.
He was a tall man , about 6 foot 5 inches tall. LArge broad shoulders and tanned a dark bronze colour. Rumours had spread him for many years and now they were to hear and see him for themselves.

Finally the man they all referred to as "The MAN" stepped up on the stage and eyed his audeince. This was the moment he had been waiting for since time began. He knew many secrets that the others in this room would never know. He has seen so much in his years spent wondering the deserts.

"Gentlemen, please be seated" he spoke deeply and clearly.

"you have all come here tonight to hear me speak and i am humbled by this" he continued " after i finish tonight you wil lbe faced with a choice and either way your lives and the lives of our fellow country men will never be the same"

"tonight my brethren, we face the facts, we will not white wash the truth, we will speak openly"

"let me first put up the maps of our lands as given to us by our Lord and maker The Great Raz"

Two of his aides rushed about putting papyrus maps onto the walls in full view of all.

"as you can see all the desert realms were given to us and we were told to look after them and nourish them"

He looked around the room again.

"Now for the maps of the world as given us by our friends to the North the English"

His two aides once again placed more papyrus maps up.

"you see the infidels from the east have set up many citys in our promised land, and we know The Great Raz is not pleased. Rain has been with held from our crops for thousands of years."

"The time has come my brethren to take back what is ours. King Tut may think he can ask and plead for our land back, but we know the infidels will never cede to us what is rightly ours"

"tongiht we beat our plough shears into spears and we take back what is ours, brothers think not that King Tut will do what is right, he is a kind and gentle man, he knows nothing of the treachury in the world. Tonight my brethren is the beginning of the end for all infidels trespassingon our sacred lands. Tonight we take back what is ours............."

The crowd rose in jubilation and drowned out the rest of his speech. Which mattered little to the man as he sat down smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the Great Raz looked down and smiled too .......
Old October 21, 2003, 09:22   #65
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

The Papyrus maps as shown by "THE MAN"
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	disputed.gif
Views:	59
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	55493  
Old October 21, 2003, 21:13   #66
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Hiding in his desert home
The once great and feared King Tutankhamen was still hiding from the shame of the jokes about his ability with women. But he knew he could restore his reputation if he could just get the Egyptians back there promised land. But he would have to move fast before his army took over the matter themselves. Yes he would ride his chariots direct to see the foriegn leaders himself. Hopefully sense would prevail because he wasnt sure if he came back empty handed how his generals would react. Hopefully it is not too late he thought to himself.
Old October 21, 2003, 22:46   #67
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

After the death of King Beowulf then stood the realm in great jeopardy long while, for every lord that was mighty of men made him strong, and many weened to have been king.

Then Merlin went to the Medefin, interim leader of London, and counselled him for to send for all the lords of the realm, and all the gentlemen of arms, that they should to London come by eight weeks time so they may prove their worth and pull of the sword from the great stone as specified by the late King Beowulf.

So Medefin, by the advice of Merlin, sent for all the lords and gentlemen of arms that they should come even unto London. A grand tournament was held to mark the event and celebrate the nation of the English.

Near the tourny grounds there sat upon the burial mound of Beowulf a great stone four square, like unto a marble stone; and in midst thereof was like an anvil of steel a foot on high, and therein stuck a fair sword naked by the point, and letters there were written in gold about the sword that said thus: -- Whoso pulleth out this sword of this stone and anvil, is rightwise king born of all England.

Nigh on three days the celebrations lasted. A great many men from the realm compeated for their honor on that field. Sir Wiglaf, Sir Kay, Sir Ector and more. On the third day Merlin the great wizard addressed the assembled crowd.

"For too long the people of Briton have known only war and strife. Lo these despirate months since the passing of King Beowulf, with no heir and no leader the nation has been set back. Lords and Barons compeate with each other rather than uniting for our common good. Still yet we compeate with the poor Egyptians for bottom status in the world. It could be said the Egyptians got the short end of the stick, but I ask thee, how much longer be ours?"

The assembled lords and barons began to snicker at the grand wizard's unfortunate choice of words, but maintained composure to listen to the rest of Merlin's speech.

"It is said the Egyptians are a people long on destiny but short on time. Long on vision but short on potential. Long on purpose but short on power. How I ask you, how much different are we from these desert folk? They may seem small and limp with only 8 cities, but at 9 fair we much better? It is understandable for the Egyptian leader to have such a short temper with...."

At this point the crowd lost all controls and burst out in loud boisterous laughter. Unable to contain themselves any longer the loud clatter distrubed Merlin's speech. Puzzled and quite annoyed he called an aide over to explain.

"Uh sire, there are rumors you see. Ya know, about..."
"Out with it boy. I'm short on time."
"mfphhehe, well, heh, uh the rumors are about the Egyptian King. People say he is... lacking...uh... hehe, uh... that his frog is more of a tadpole and no longer jumps sir."
"His frog?"
"His er... penis, sir. That is what everyone is laughing about sir, your speech was, hehe, quite funny, hehe."

Merlin stepped back and faced the still laughing crowd, his face turning red. How dare they interupt this important occasion over such a purile rumor, and how dare they pay such disrespect to him, and indeed also the friendly King of Egypt.

"Frog can't jump eh?! See if this one does!" he yelled to the crowd.

With that he turned his aide into a frog. An immediate hush fell over the crowd.

"Much better," Merlin said, "let us continue."

The grand wizard climbed atop the grand burial mound and stood next to the fabled sword in the stone, "Who among you is destined to weild the great sword of Beowulf. Who among you shall unite the realm and make England strong? With envy you look upon the powerful Serbian kingdom, who among you has the will to forge a nation to rival that power? I have heard much talk during this tourney, much boasting. If ye be man enough, prove thy worth!"

One by one the lords and esteemed warriors of the realm climbed the mound and took their turns with the stone. Try as they might none could pull the great weapon from the anvil. The hours past and the crowd became weary of waiting. The line wound down and soon all had passed, none able to extract the sword.

Merlin again turned to those who were left and beckoned to them, "The greatest lords and barons of our great nation and not one of you have the strength to pull this sword?"

Wise Merlin, then turned to Wiglaf's son, the young Arthur who was so honored at the Kings funeral to have read his eulogy. Raised by Merlin in the castle, while his father was away at battle the young Arthur had grown close with both the late Beowulf and the great wizard. His sense of honor and curiousity was unmatched in the King's court, and Beowulf took a decided liking to the young man. Merlin beckoned him up upon the mound.

"You lords and knights all see the world the same, all see things in terms of power and might," Merlin shouted, "It is not a strong arm that guides a nation but a strong mind and a strong heart. In your boastfulness you shame both yourselves and this nation, in fact this mere boy has more honor and internal strength than the great many lords here assembled. Go ahead Arthur."

Arthur stepped up to the stone, unsure of his ability but trusting and faithful in his friend and mentor. He grasped the handle of the great weapon, and slid it out of its steely prison. He held the sword aloft and it glowed in the fading sunlight.

The people took a knee and bowed before their king.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 21, 2003, 23:39   #68
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

The people gathered to hear the tales of THE MAN all over Egypt. With the King gone on his tour to foriegn lands the stories spread from house to house that THE MAN was now in charge.

In one small house on the edge of the city a small boy was playing ball with his friends when accidently the ball bounced indoors and a loud smash was heard. The children al lwent running in to find their parents favourite treasure, a bust of THE MAN lying on the floor. His nose had been broken off and the children knew that they would be whipped. They hurriedly returned the statue and began formulating a story to tell their parents.

THE MANS Statue.....
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	theman.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	55539  
Old October 22, 2003, 23:14   #69
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

The city was in uproar, the King had been long gone and stil lno word of where he ws or if he even was returning. If he failed to return or send word of his negotiations with the Tartars, Serbs and Indians soon then the Army would have what they wanted, the final excuse to take over the Government. They already had many within the leadership of the government who supported them.

Where oh where is our king the people cried !!!!!!!!!!
Old October 22, 2003, 23:46   #70
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
625 BC Planet HOTWIV
The true Azande remained in the jungle, along the banks of the Uele river. They were not folk that easily came to build settlements. They prefered to wander the rivers and jungles, at one with the peace and harmony of nature.

A large tribe of the Azande however, did congregate at the upper reaches of the Uele river. This area, although not a city by Egyptian standards became known as Uele. It was the only true Azande cluster of people until new secret place was established.

This place was further down the river and near the western sea. The first true Azande 'city' was built and there-in lies a secret. Behind these doors a great leader was planning something.
Attached Images:

Old October 22, 2003, 23:56   #71
deity
Emperor

This new city was called Azande but the name of the leader was not known to anyone else.

Not even in Uele was it known, but it was known that a great being had come into existence and was working on a major project.

---

The leader of the Uele Azande was concerned and being of a devious nature aspired to high political office. Feeling threatened by the sea Azande he developed a project of his own - another secret. And HIS name was also not known outside of the upper jungle areas. His warriors identifying shield was this:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande-lizard-shield+.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	55601  
Old October 22, 2003, 23:58   #72
deity
Emperor

The sea Azande had warriors too and many of them.

Their identifying shield:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	westernazande.jpg
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	55602  
Old October 23, 2003, 00:14   #73
deity
Emperor

There is a legend that says the trues sea Azande were descended from an impoverished people who were discovered eons ago in West Africa by another tribe called the 'Azadine' (NOT Azande).

It is said that the first city in all of Africa was built by the Azadine on the shores of a great lake in the middle of Africa many thousands of years ago. It is said that they sent an exploring warrior into the West and came upon a defenceless tribe. It was such a pitiful sight that the Azadine warriors did help them and said they would gave them sanctuary. BUT they were told to embark on a long journey, East to the jungles and it took many years.

These wretched people who were found under the desert sun were granted Azadine citizen-ship but in time and out of touch with all other tribes these illiterate people came to call themselves Azande.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	photo_179_1.jpg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	55603  
Old October 23, 2003, 00:21   #74
deity
Emperor

The Thousand Year Journey of the Azande
The legend says that this was the path the Azande took in following their orders given by the Azadine.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande_journey.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	55604  
Old October 23, 2003, 00:32   #75
deity
Emperor

So, in 625 BC we have the sea Azande nomadic tribe now settled in their city called Azande.

We have the upper Uele river Azande grouped at Uele.

And now we know of the Azadine.

As the years pass these three seperately developed cultures came to communicate ideas and some sporadic contact did occur between the Uele and Azadine. The Uele indicated that another tribe had settled down the river and folks began to speak of the legend - the tribe that had appeared from the Sun in the western desert thousands of years ago. Some say they came from the stars...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	sts111-321-024.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	55605  
Old October 23, 2003, 03:07   #76
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

smoke billows
The people were rioting across the length and breadth of the nation of desert people . Sides has been formed and arms were being taken up. Spears and swords appeared everywhere and household turned on household.

This crazy situation continued for over 18 months as tales spread of the death of King Tut.....

.................................................. ..................................................

The GREAT RAZ looked down and once again decided to visit his chosen one ..... Yes thought the great raz, time for action
Old October 23, 2003, 06:43   #77
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

and so no word was ever recieved back from the foreign realms whence King Tut travelled. And so the Generals and the other high ranking officials took over control of the government and the army immediatly placed THE MAN in charge.....

Lack of word from afar had now turned history on its arse and things were gonig to get nasty !!!!!!!!
Old October 23, 2003, 10:37   #78
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

The time passed and the young King Arthur grew into a powerful and respected monarch. Britan grew in peace and prosperity. Immigration from foreign lands increased, everyone flocked to be a part of the growing British kingdom.

This map shows the different waves of immigration:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	england500.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	55636  

Old October 23, 2003, 10:43   #79
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

The English homeland became the most diverse place on earth, Angles, Jutes, Saxons, Britons, Picts, Irish, Celts, Welsh, Gauls, Swedes, and many more came to settle there. Anchored by the large cities of London in the south and Edinburgh in northern Pictland, the island became populous and splintered.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ebkmap.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	55637  

Old October 23, 2003, 10:52   #80
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Seeking to unite and unify the diverse people under his command, King Arthur invited the greatest knights from Pictland and Ireland to sit with him as equals at his table. Seeking to unite all corners of the British Isles King Arthur built the Triangular Table, with Sir Galahad from Dublin, Sir Lancelot from Edinburgh, and King Arthur from London.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	triangle.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	55638  

Old October 23, 2003, 11:12   #81
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Time passed, and the new immigrants to Britan became integrated with the population. A new cosmopolitan British population emerged. So much so that the nation was no longer called "England" but rather "Great Briton."

Great Briton was made greater still by the lands beyond its shores that all proclaimed loyalty to Arthur. Assembled and conquered long ago by the legendary King Beowulf, Arthur consolidated his holdings in Europe.

Seeing however that his great Triangular Table was inclusive only for the British Isles, and as he ruled over a much larger kingdom than that, including France, Austria, Spain, Norway and many other places, a new arrangement must be found. A square table was attempted, then a pentagonal, then hexagonal and finally Merlin suggested Arthur build a grand Round Table and seat his knights around that.

This is how the famous Round Table was born.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	roundtable.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	55640  

Old October 23, 2003, 14:06   #82
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Great Raz Temple
Built into the side of a hill about 100 miles outside the Thebes was found the great temple of Raz. Here worshippers came from afar to lay down there sacrifices for the year. Here the temple priests did pray to the Great Raz for guidance and that he would contiue to annoint his people .
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	egy0001.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	55648  
Old October 23, 2003, 14:33   #83
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 03:26
China grew to be a vast country, and although the people were of common heritage, they were spread over such a large area that their language had developed many local dialects. There was some difficulty administrating such large areas when members of the ruling class could not communicate with each other.

Over the years, once China had been united by military force, the ruler of China's first dynasty created a set of characters to be reconized for chinese written language. All other books were burned and scholars who refused to cooperate were killed. Over the years the written characters evolved and future rulers of the Dynasty cultivated with the creation of a great library located in the palace complex at Beijing. While China today still possess many unique dialects in various regions containing up to 16 different tones and inflections on spoken words, China had been unified under a single written language that allowed for the administration of the vast empire, and tireless record keeping of histories, religous texts, and knowledge of all sorts from China and those brought from foreign lands.
Old October 23, 2003, 17:28   #84
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

units graph
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	unitcount.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	55657  
Old October 23, 2003, 17:28   #85
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

cities
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	cities.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	55658  
Old October 24, 2003, 05:04   #86
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

The Great Raz has a dream and pictures the Following
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	dream.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	55706  
Old October 24, 2003, 18:21   #87
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:26
Word has come from the western frontier of a dispute involving terrain claimed by the Egyptians and our beloved city of Karachi.
The Egyptians say our city was built on their land. Inside sources say King Tut of the Egyptians begged Berzerker the Explorer for return of the land lest he appear weak and feeble before his countrymen.

Berzerker has agreed to cede Karachi only if King Tut's
would-be successor known as "The Man" step down and cease his attempt at usurpation of the rightful king's place at the head of the Epyptian people.

King Tut is our friend! "The Man" is a warmonger who cannot wait for the King to complete his peaceful endeavor to seek return of lands developed by neighbors, nay, The Man has no interest in waiting!

If there is a regime change in Egypt with this "man" taking control, we welcome Tut to live in our lands and Karachi will only be given over to the Egyptians for $75. If Tut is returned to his legitimate place in Egyptian society, Karachi will become Egyptian and our border with Egypt will move eastward to southern Iran, but India will retain control of the spawning grounds of the Persian Gulf sea bass - a staple of our people in the region...

We await word from "the man"...
Old October 24, 2003, 21:33   #88
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

"Arthur, Sir Galahad has sent his report in from Egypt, things are looking tense down there."
"What is the matter, Merlin?"
"The nation could be heading towards civil war. King Tut has left Thebes on a diplomatic mission to his neighbors requesting they turn over the mideast territory they ceased. In his absense one of his generals, known only as "The Man" has taken control of the country."
"This does not sound good, King Tut was a good man. What do we know about this "the man" character?"
"Not much, not even his real name. He seems to be very popular with the Egyptian military and has staged his coup on the prospects of warring with the Serbs, Tartars and Indians to reclaim that lost territory. He seems to be quite the warmonger."
"What a fool, Egypt could not survive a war against those three powerful nations. The Man seeks the impossible. We must do what we can to ensure King Tut's diplomatic mission succeeds. If he returns to his lands securing concessions from the other three The Man will have no ground to stand on and his coup will be soundly defeated. Otherwise, our friend could be destroyed."
"I will dispatch messages to the Indians, Tartars, and our friends the Serbs to request the cede territory to the Egyptians to avoid war. It serves our interest to have stability in the region."
"Very good, Merlin. Just in case this Egyptian general retains power, we must be able to work with him, so send a message welcoming him to power, and pledging diplomatic support for his future actions. Send a similar message to King Tut."
"Already done your highness."
"Excellent Merlin, I'd be lost without you. Carry on."

Old October 24, 2003, 21:44   #89
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:26
The sons of Stefan the First Crowned
This period was the single worst in the history of Serbs for the sons of great king proved to be nothing like their father. Upon the death of king Stefan the First Crowned his eldest son Stefan Radoslav succeeded to the throne and was crowned in Ras by his uncle Archbishop Sava in a ceremony unparalleled to any other event in the Serb history. It soon became crystal clear Stefan Radoslav was only a big spender and the luxuries he indulged himself in strained the overstretched Serb resources to the limit. It was at that time that the eastern Serb neighbour, the evil evil evil Tartars began their campaign of Lebensraum expansion and started to threaten the easternmost Serb settlement even though the Serbs had never threatened the Tartars and had done nothing that could possibly have provoked them. In fact, Tartars and Serbs had been allies ever since Stefan Nemanja subjugated the rebellious Russian tribes.
The gathering storm in the east meant nothing to worthless Radoslav. In fact he decided to secure his already shaken throne with the help from abroad. He married the daughter of Egyptian pharaoh Trev, the beautiful but evil Nefertiti. She put a spell on Radoslav and assumed all powers for herself. She appointed generals and governors. Men stood in fear in front of her. Egyptian became the official language on the Serbian court and idol worshipping crept in. The statues of false Gods MING and RAH appeared in the churches all of the sudden and new temples were erected all over Serbia. This blasphemy became unbearable and Archbishop Sava forged a deal with Stefan Vladislav, the second son of late Stefan the First Crowned.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Uncle, this is a terrible thing. Have you heard what happened? – cried Vladislav.

I haven’t heard the latest news. I was praying for three days to almighty God to deliver us from this trial. To help us find the way. To spare our souls. – replied Sava.

The witch has ordered that the monastery of Kotor has to be turned to the temple of MING and the monks who disobeyed her order to leave were killed!

(Archbishop Sava stood motionless. He didn’t show any reaction to the terrible news)

Uncle, did you hear what I just told you? Are you all right? – asked Vladislav.

(The Archbishop looked like he had just snapped out of a dream)

Praised is our Lord Jesus, for he appeared to me in a vision and showed me the way. – said Sava.

Ah, Holy uncle! Please tell to my unworthy person the Godly plan our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ conveyed to you.

But of course my child, for the plan of our Lord involves you too.

How can an insignificant bug like me be included in such a heavenly scheme?

God has big plans for you. Jesus told me you would be king one day.

But how can this be possible? My brother Radoslav is king and he has a male child who will be king after him.

About Radoslav, I don’t think you should worry. As for his child, it was conceived with a whore and is therefore a bastard and can’t succeed to the throne. But before we move to depose Radolsav for his heresy, you must marry the Tartar princess because we need help in the event of Egyptian intervention. I have already arranged your marriage to be performed in the city of Subotica where Nefertiti doesn’t have her agents and we shall set our plan in motion shortly afterwards. I have the support of the majority of our nobles for your ascension to the throne of Serbia – explained Archbishop Sava everything to Vladislav.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon Stefan Vladislav secretly married Tartar princess Nyamsuren, daughter of Tartar king Sub and received Tartar assurances of help in the event of Egyptian intervention, when he learned that Pharaoh Trev was assassinated by Azande spies in Egyptian capital Thebes. The death of Pharaoh Trev and the subsequent withdrawal of Egyptian forces from Serbian capital made the position of Stefan Radoslav hopeless and facing a strong opposition of nobles, he abdicated in favour of his brother Stefan Vladislav. Nefertiti was arrested, tried by the church, convicted of witchcraft and burnt at the stake. Archbishop Sava presided the council of holy judges that convicted Nefertiti. The temples and statues of MING and RAH were immediately destroyed by the mob celebrating the fall of tyrants.

Stefan Vladislav turned out to be equally susceptible to female influence. Queen Nyamsuren convinced Vladislav to allow the Tartars to settle on Krim (Crimea). Vladislav’s leniency towards Tartars made him many enemies, among others his younger brother Stefan Uros, Count of Kotor Nikola Masera, Duke of south-eastern Serbia Bogdan Jugovic and eventually even Archbishop Sava. Bogdan decided to block the access to Krim to the Tartars expecting they would withdraw if they couldn’t settle there. But assured by Nyamsuren nothing would happen to them, the Tartars decided to settle further north in the valley of Don. When they saw the outrage, the nobles turned against Vladislav and he was promptly deposed and his younger brother was crowned as king Stefan Uros I. Nyamsuren tried to escape to Uppsala, but was recognised at the border disguised as a peasant girl, captured and brought in front of the council of holy judges. She was convicted of heresy and high treason and sentenced to dismemberment.

Enraged by the faith of his daughter, Tartar king sub pressed on with his expansion and started to threaten Serb settlements along Volga.
But what threatened Serbia even more was the heresy of the third son of Stefan the First Crowned.

Stefan Uros I was married to the English princess Ann, daughter of king Arthur of England. English people being illiterate were unable to fully grasp the basic concepts of Christianity such as the Holy Trinity, so they practised a special type of simplified religion. This variant was named Arianism after the English monk Arius who showed clear lack of understanding of the main doctrines of the faith and proclaimed Jesus Christ the Son not consubstantial with God the Father. Stefan Uros was converted to this heresy and started to enforce it in all churches with religious zeal. He tried to replace all Orthodox clerics with Arian lackeys. In fact he started the prosecution of all Orthodox people – nobody was free anymore to profess the true religion. Eventually, he targeted his own uncle, the aged Archbishop Sava, for whom an arrest warrant was issued to appear in front of the council of holy judges now consisting of Arian priests only. But Sava escaped the prosecutors and found refuge in the northern city of Novi Sad. There he met two sons of Stefan Uros I, Stefan Dragutin and Stefan Uros who assembled an army of king’s opponents and were already planning to start a rebellion against the madness of the king. He blessed their holy enterprise and as soon as they departed, Archbishop Sava died at the age of 85.

Soon afterwards Stefan Uros I was forced to abdicate and he left for England with his wife Ann. Stefan Dragutin was crowned new king of Serbia in Ras. Great trials were still in front of him and his brother, for king Sub of Tartars has exploited the internal strife in Serbia for his gain and pushed the borders further west, limiting Serb territory to the smallest in the world. This desperate situations required desperate measures and Dragutin was the right man for the job.

Last edited by Ljube; October 24, 2003 at 21:50.
Old October 24, 2003, 21:48   #90
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:26
The reign of Stefan Dragutin
Serbia was in dire straits. Stefan Dragutin knew that regardless of how much troops Serbia might raise, it could never eliminate the threat of the evil Tartrars and their raving leader king Sub on its own. In other words, to face the Tartar threat Serbia needed allies. Stefan Dragutin approached the task with due seriousness and first made amends to the relations with the English. To accomplish this, he made up with his father and through him he reached wise Merlin, who immediately recognised the delicacy of the current situation in the world. Merlin understood that in English continuous cooperation with their peaceful neighbours and loyal friends the Serbs lay the only hope of English survival. In a meeting between King Arthur and King Stefan Dragutin in Vienna later that year a treaty of eternal friendship was signed and in the years that followed the Anglo-Serb relations reached the peak.

Having secured Serbian western borders, Dragutin turned to the natural ally in the combat against Tartar terrorism – the Egyptians. Led by the new ruler, pharaoh Tut, the Egyptians were gradually, but steadily becoming a powerful nation. Dragutin saw great opportunities in cooperation with the Egyptians, so he married the daughter of pharaoh Tut and made the ties between Egypt and Serbia even closer.

To crush the loathsome Tartars utterly, Dragutin needed an ally powerful enough that could attack them from the rear. He found the Chinese led by Shah GenShwartzCough receptive to his suggestions, so a plan was laid for the division of Tartar Empire. But before he could strike the Tartars, Dragutin knew he had to eliminate Tartar strongholds inside the Serb territory first. So he arranged a meeting with king Sub in which the exchange of land had been arranged. The Serbs received the fortified outpost of Sigtuna and Krim 2, the city Nyamsuren had sponsored in exchange for their city of Subotica.

Back at home, Dragutin’s agreement with king Sub had been perceived as high treason. When viewed separately, the deal had been unfair of course, for it provided the justification for Tartar invasion of Serb territory. But taking into consideration the overall situation, the deal had been the best Serbia could have hoped to achieve. The nobles pressed Dragutin to break the treaty signed with king Sub and attack immediately. But wise Dragutin resisted the pressure and proceeded with his plan to assemble a global alliance for his righteous cause before the actual attack would begin.

In the meantime, Dragutin abolished the treaty between Vukan and Stefan the First Crowned that guaranteed the successors of Vukan the rule in Zeta, confiscated their property and with that money financed the first Serb naval expedition in search of new land. Rumours spread that there was a vast continent beyond the known world, west of England and Dragutin was determined Serbia had to be the first to claim it.

Last edited by Ljube; October 25, 2003 at 12:47.