Old November 4, 2003, 10:34   #181
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 05:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
20 AD Map
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	20admap.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	56558  

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old November 4, 2003, 17:57   #182
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 19:26
ThE MAN studied the latest maps out of England, they were indeed clever people he thouhgt, why couldnt he have been sent there instead he mused. The rumours he had heard tell from his spies within the priesthood were true, the other nations were all heading toward the New World, well that was fine by hin, he had other plans and soon all would be revealed.
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old November 4, 2003, 21:11   #183
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 03:26
A survey of the Chinese people and world populations produced the following information. China is amongst the most crowded populations on the planet!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	demo.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	56598  
Old November 4, 2003, 21:23   #184
Frank Johnson
King

Southeast asia is a tourist hotspot!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	top5.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	56600  
Old November 5, 2003, 06:30   #185
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

The Egyptian populace were starting to get crowded in. The last remaining coastal sites were about to be leveled and cleared for more citys and then there would be no more, The Egyptian people cried out to their Empress Cleopatra to solve the overcrowding by providing more land to utilise. Picket lines were formed around the forum and by day and by night large loud parties were held as the people pleeded their case. More land needed for expansion.
Old November 5, 2003, 17:14   #186
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

The Dark Times
The years of Cromwell and the English Civil War were a dark chapter in the history of Britain. Several members of Arthur's Round Table regrouped in the country and built armies of royalists to oppose the Roundheads. Charlemagne, who replaced his father Charles Martel as governor of France, refused to acknowledge rule by the new republic. General Atawa was dispatched with an army to France to put down this rebellion. While Atawa had many victories over Charlemagne and the French, the battle stretched on. In all this battle lasted for one hundred years, and was known as the Hundred Year's War.

Elsewhere, Cromwell had more success in establishing control. He ended religious persecution of Arians, and tried to establish it as the state religion. Feeling accepted by the new regime, the Arians decided to stay in the Old World and the transatlantic voyages ceased. The colonies were cut off from the rest of the kingdom and left to fend for themselves. Just to make sure his Arian supporters did not leave, or anyone else, Cromwell burned the great fleet of Leif Ericson and threw this great hero in jail until his death. Cabot was also thrown in jail and his fleet was permanently docked in Amsterdam, allowed to age and be forgotten.

All other members of the old Round Table were tracked down and executed, as well as great purges of dissidents. Cromwell and the Roundheads were an overly paranoid regime. Fortresses were built in Scandinavia and England, and all cities under their control began to construct massive city walls. Outside of the war in France, skirmishes between the Roundhead army and supporters of Camelot were frequent throughout the continent. Military spending was increased dramatically and units were dispatched to all corners of the kingdom to patrol the lands.

The great monument commemorating Leif Ericson's voyage was completed in South Paris, but the residents were too distracted by their war with England to celebrate much. The death of King Arthur and the purges that followed cast a dark pall over the monument. Sadly, the brave adventurer who was honored by its completion sat in the Tower of London, never to see the monument, celebration, or honor he hoped for.

The period of the Round Table Republic was a dark time for the realm. Science stagnated, expansion halted, growth slowed, and taxes upon the people were raised. After some time Cromwell dismissed the table, and took sole control over the functioning of the government, assuming the title of Lord Protector of England. The republic existed in name only. Holdouts of resistance were eradicated.

France stood alone.

The war continued on for decades. Charlemagne and Prince William fought bravely against General Atawa and the Roundheads, but as time pressed on they began to loose hope. A deft general, Atawa made cunning use of longbows to decimate the French resistance fighters.

All seemed lost until an unlikely savior in the form of a peasant girl appeared...

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Last edited by OzzyKP; November 5, 2003 at 17:25.
Old November 5, 2003, 19:37   #187
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Cleopatra was perplexed. She was now well into her 40s and yet, she hadnt aged a day since her 16th birthday, what magic was this. She had long suspected THE MAN was inolved in it all. He had bewitched her into marrying him, but now she was slowly awakening from that hypnosis and seeing all the other evil around her. She knew she would have to do something, but what? Her Senators didnt beleive in magic or miracles, they were too scientifiical minded. She had to find someone who still beleived, they would know what to do.

Then she rembered the old priests, and their stroeis of The Great Raz, if THE MAN was truly evil and had power, couldnt there possibly be a bit of truth in the stories she had been told of the Great Raz. The being from another world, could it be true she thought. Well it was worth a shot sh ethought, she had to rid herself and Egypt of THE MANS influence. He was pure evil and had to be dealt with finally.
Old November 5, 2003, 22:42   #188
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Navy formed
The Egyptian army formed a separate division for its newly created fleet of sailing boats. The Navy as it was called was put under the direct control of Admiral Theco. He was given the task of exploring the great seas around Egypt and to meet and trade with all he should meet.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	modelboat.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	56665  
Old November 6, 2003, 07:27   #189
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
Azande demogs AD40
With taxes at 10%/50%/40%...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande-demogs_ad40.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	56680  
Old November 7, 2003, 02:34   #190
deity
Emperor

Azande suss about the Azadine
The Azadine had made a deal with the Indians.

The Azande were highly suspicious of this for they had heard the Indians had strethed their civilisation far and wide from the shores of India, through Australia to South America!

The Azadine had promised not to settle East of India.

But the Azande could not understand this. Did the Indians wish to settle ALL lands from India to SA? Surely not. An Azande expedition set forth to reveal the nature of this claim. And what of that far flung place called China? Were they to settle any of these lands?

In the end the Azande had their secret - world colonisation was not their agenda. If the Azadine colonised any areas it may prove useful ultimately but not critical...
Old November 8, 2003, 18:49   #191
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

General Atawa pressed on and forces loyal to Cromwell held much of northern France. With the death of Charlemagne at the Battle of Agincourt, the French cause seemed doomed. Morale was low, and the French soldiers were on the verge of collapse. South Paris was under siege by the Roundheads. William, the new leader of France retreated to Lorraine to regroup with his army. Plotting strategy and considering a possible surrender, William was disturbed by his captain, Charles d'Orléans.

"Sir, there is a peasant girl here to see you."
"Pff, a peasant girl? Why do you disturb me and why do you allow peasant girls to roam around our camp. Send her away."
"But sir, she claims to hear the voice of God, and knows strange things."
"Hmm, send her in, and get back to your post."
"Yes sir."
Captain Charles d'Orléans opens the flap on the tent and in walks a peasant girl of slight build, dressed entirely in men's clothes. Puzzled by her appearance and audacity to address the King, William addresses her.
"What does a cross-dressing peasant girl who hears voices want with the King?"
"I am here to help defeat the Roundheads."
"And what makes you think a girl like you can help?"
"Because the Lord has spoken to me and that is what he told me."
"Why should I believe you? My captain says you know strange things that you should not, prove your worth."
"I know that South Paris is under siege, and we must ride out to free our compatriots."
"Pssh, everyone knows that. Guards, send her out."
"No wait, I know your middle name."
"Ha, no one knows my middle name."
"It is...Tutankamen!"
The guards, suddenly alert, look over at their leader. His face had gone pale and has begun fidgeting. One of the guards finally asks him, "Is that true, my lord?"
After much hesitation, he replies, "Yes..."
With that the guards bust out into laughter. Among Europeans the name Tutankamen is a term of mockery and alludes to sexual impotency. William shot his guards a menacing look after which they quieted down. He looked back over to the girl and asked, "I don't know how you knew that, but this is not a sign you speak with God. If you knew as much as you claim you'd know any individual who utters that name will be put to death. Guards!"
"Wait! I know one more thing, that you've never told anyone. Only God himself could know the origin of the scar on your shoulder."
"Go ahead..."
"You were ten, and though told not to, you wandered down to the construction site of the Ericson Monument. Dressed as a commoner, you hid your true identity so you could get close enough to the construction site. You saw and started to watch a pretty peasant girl who was there to watch the spectacle of the construction. You heard shouts and noticed a large wooden pillar start to fall towards the girl. You raced toward her, and pushed her out of the way, the pillar glanced your shoulder and caused the injury that is the scar you still bear. You began a romance with that peasant girl illicitly. Because you knew you would be in trouble for associating with the commoner you hid both her existence and the cause of your shoulder injury for the rest of your life."
"That...that is all true. You truly are a messenger of God. Tell me, what is your name?"
"I am Joan. Joan of Arc."
"Come Joan, tell me about the South Paris siege."

Old November 8, 2003, 22:49   #192
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:26
Having built the fabulous Hanging Gardens of Delhi, and before setting off on another voyage of discovery to the fabled land of gold and fire, Berzerker asked the Indian people to construct massive granaries in Delhi to provide storage facilities for all the Indian people to get them thru the dry season before the monsoons arrive each year to replenish the land. Thus it was the Indian people built the Pyramids...

But as a present to the Berzerker, the master architect, Rama Putra, set about constructing an astromonical observatory to aid future voyages - the Berzerker's favorite past time. The people of Delhi built Berzerker's observatory and anxiously await his return to eye the new structure.

News Flash! Indian forces attack barbarian stronghold in Australia! The Aborigine city lying in the heart of Australia is about to fall to Indian archers and elephants, but the barbarians have defended their city with thousands of troops, and while we have nourished the Aborigine crops and fields with their blood, the city still stands. But not for long, so commands Shiva the Destroyer, the commander in chief of the Indian foreign legion...

News from Berzerker! We have settled the land of fire and gold and have spotted a large barbarian settlement. We have detached a legion of infantry and horse cavalry to suppress the barbarians and learn of their ways. We need their knowledge of the gold that flows from the nearby hills and will employ selected barbarians to help in the extraction of the much desired ore...

Soon Berzerker will set sail for home from the land of fire and gold... We await his return...
Old November 9, 2003, 01:46   #193
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

The Glorious Revolution
As the battle was planned, rumors spread through the camp that a prophet of God was working with Sir William. With the faith that God himself was on their side, morale increased greatly. Within days, the army bogged down in the muck and considering surrender was marching toward South Paris to free their embattled compatriots. William penned a message that was sent ahead to the city garrison by carrier pigeon, it read, "Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East."

On the fifth day, William's army arrived at South Paris. Trapping the main English force between them and the South Paris castle. It was a rout that ended in victory. The wicked General Atawa was captured by the French army and sent to rot in a South Paris dungeon. Whispers began around the land of the power Joan of Arc granted the French army. With South Paris freed, confidence was at a record high.

William's army marched north, reconquering towns that were held by the Roundheads. As news spread around Europe regarding the success the French troops were having, additional states joined the rebellion. Spain and Italy rose up against their Arian masters and put them to the sword. They sent troops north to join Joan of Arc, and William who the people had begun to call "The Conqueror"

Using Dutch ships, the multinational force crossed the English Channel and began an assault on London itself. The siege lasted for two months until finally, forces within the city murdered Cromwell in his sleep and opened the gates to the sieging armies.

At long last the reign of terror brought on by Oliver Cromwell had come to an end and William the Conqueror was crowned the new King of England. He took Arthur's daughter Mary as his wife to retain a legitimate claim on the throne. William and Mary restored the monarchy once more to the Kingdom of Britain in what was forever after called The Glorious Revolution.

The period that Cromwell ruled the nation under his Roundtable Republic was known as the "Damned Times", so as to never forget the damage inflicted upon the nation during this period the calendar was reset and all years are now marked as AD, meaning After the Damned.

Old November 9, 2003, 03:53   #194
Frank Johnson
King

Exiled from their normal lives in southern Japan, the settlers and men at arms grimly boarded the ships. Having their family's leader having long been the rival of the newly appointed governor of Japan, they were forced from their land and homes by threat of death. To escape the persecution of their new masters, they had appealed to the court in Beijing, to the High Lord Consul Dangime, and he granted them the use of the Japanese fleet and gave them a charter to settle distant lands. With this mandate they set out to the north of China to the cold wastes of the far-eastern land of the Rus.

The settlers came upon a small village on the icy penisula they discovered north of Japan's northern most island. The warriors and settlers left the ships to discover the nature of the populace. The village was a mishmash of Japanese outcasts, Tartar trades, and local nomads. A band of fierce japanese samurai had been living in the village for years. They were known as the Shichinin-tai, or Seven Man Army, for the orginal 7 family leaders who banded together in the village. When they heard the fate of the settlers most within the village were sympathetic, however they knew the wastes of this icy land could not sustain the numbers that currently presented themselves.

The Shichinin-tai offered a deal. They had learned of a new land from the Tartar traders that frequented the villages. Although it was just rumor, and the voyage was long, they were confedant that with the use of the Japanese Fleet the new land could be discovered.

The warriors from the mainland were not thrilled with the idea. Most of the families from the outcasts were from the middle class of traders and government officals, their warriors were always second rate, which is why they left Japan in the first place. In a strange new land, the Shichinin-tai would most certainly be their masters. Instead of imposing their own will, they elected to stay behind, setting out to visit the Tartar villages futher to the north hoping for aid. But as the rest of the honor bound warriors left the encampment, everyone knew that it was unlikely they would return. Driven by honor they left their world behind so their families could have a chance at a new one.

So two voyages began, one destined for greatness, the other for sorrow.

Preparations were being made to abandon the village. The Shichinin-tai, and the remaining settlers boarded their ships and headed east into the unknown.

The mainland warriors headed north, to another rumored encampment.

The Japanese fleet endured horrible conditions on their journey. Finally land was spotted, but it was much like what they had left behind, a cold waste land. All hope was lost, but then a sail was spotted on the horrizon. It was the tartarese fleet! These hardy voyagers were from the great artic ports of legend! They met in the new land, and shared a great feast. The tartarese showed the new settlers the best hunting methods for taking down large creatures found in these lands they called Elk. Finally it was agreed that the tartarese would lead the fleets south, to a land that was more temparate.

Meanwhile, disaster had struck the starcrossed mainland warriors. They had stumbled into the grasp of the Evil Warlord Atila the Hun. They were immediately surrounded by hundreds of horsemen. The fight was glorious, but in the end, every man was wiped out.

Finally after many years of effort, the Japanese Fleet landed at the mouth of a river amongst green feilds and spectacular mountains. The Shichinin-tai warriors emerged and named their new land, Juijin Shan....San Fransisco. What wonders awaited them in this untamed land?
Old November 9, 2003, 07:29   #195
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

and magic happened and the egyptian fleet disapeared !!! Taking with it TheBeloved Celopatra and The Despised and Evil Being known as the MAN.......

But would this really be the last we see of him ?????

Last edited by Rasputin; November 16, 2003 at 20:32.
Old November 9, 2003, 11:28   #196
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

220 AD
Attached Files:
File Type: net 220ad.net (180.1 KB, 2 views)

Old November 9, 2003, 11:34   #197
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

220 AD
Attached Files:
File Type: net 220ad.net (180.1 KB, 2 views)

Old November 9, 2003, 11:34   #198
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

220 AD
Attached Files:
File Type: net 220ad.net (180.1 KB, 4 views)

Old November 9, 2003, 12:00   #199
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

220 AD
Map prepared by the British mapmaker from Rome, Americo Vespucci.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	220admap.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	56959  

Last edited by OzzyKP; November 13, 2003 at 20:30.
Old November 9, 2003, 13:17   #200
VetLegion
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
Emperor

Local Time: 11:26
One of those three is a devastating virus, eh?
Old November 9, 2003, 14:40   #201
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

The virus only affects you when trying to post saves to the Apolyton forums. But beware!

Old November 11, 2003, 10:39   #202
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

does any one have the save from the previos session 20AD. Need to check a few thngs please.
Old November 11, 2003, 19:46   #203
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

FIFTH SESSION 220 AD

Serbs (Ljube) 19 Cities 48 Units
Egyptians (Trev) 16 Cities 18 Units
Tartars (Winzity) 17 Cities 42 Units
Azande (Deity) 14 Cities 23 Units
China (Frank) 20 Cities 23 Units
English (Ozzy) 16 Cities 28 Units
India (Berzerker) 19 Cities 20 Units

Old November 11, 2003, 21:51   #204
Frank Johnson
King

40ad
Here's a 40ad save.
Attached Files:
File Type: net da_a40.net (179.1 KB, 6 views)
Old November 13, 2003, 20:28   #205
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

The Treaty of Budva
For many decades, the New World, renamed America by the the English mapmaker from Rome, Americo Vespucci, has been the exclusive domain of the British people. Thousands of French, Spainiards, Norwegians, Dutch, English, Scots and Italians have made the shores of New England their home. Rubbing elbows with no one besides the natives, their blissful lives would change with news they could be sharing their new land with more visitors of the civilized world. Boatfuls of Serbs were making their way to the New World.

Uncertainty arose in the Christian world over the fate of the British and Serbian settlers. Competition for land is one of the surest paths to conflict and open warfare. With the great strides made toward unity at the First Eccumenical Council at Novi Sad, many people feared those gains would be lost with competition over land in America. Thus the Pope met with envoys from the Serbian and British monarchs in the Serb city of Budva to discuss a resolution.

In the interests of preventing bloodshed and conflict between the two most holy Christian nations of Britain and Serbia, Pope Alexander VI declared the Treaty of Budva on September 17, 50 AD. This treaty seperates mainland North America into two halves. Serbs in the west and Brits in the east. It is a solution that satisfied all.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	budva.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	297.4 KB
ID:	57215  

Old November 13, 2003, 20:53   #206
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

THe poor Egyptians Senators were stunned they knew not what to do. It seemed all hope was lost. 200 years of planning were thrown out the window, what happened no one knew but the offspring of those people who had made th eplans had failed to accomplsih it. Magic was at work that was for sure. The Azande were blamed for it all and the Senators debated long into the night over what solutions if any the could achieve, but finally they all agreed , there was no way of countering their magic, they were uner the influence of something beyond their control. The Future if Egypt had been decided by non-egyptians and they were sad.
Old November 15, 2003, 00:03   #207
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

and so it came to pass that a secret deal was made. and things were about to change.....

The Empire of The Egyptians had reached a turning point.....

The New Century was here and radical things were happening.....
Old November 15, 2003, 01:01   #208
deity
Emperor

Azande magic
The witch-doctors of the real Western Azande were hard at work in their capital hutsville called Azande and now also in their secretly acquired new hutsville, Mongu. For it was here in Mongu that the greatest magic of all did occur. They brought into being an ethereal thing - it was not something you could touch, nor feel or smell... But it caused all Azande sea craft to make greater nautical distances in any given day. It was known as "The Wonder from the Solar Wind".

But upon its inception a strange thing did happen. They received word from the Azadine in the East that their sea craft were also making greater distances which was propelling their trade aspirations.

Another strange occurrence was the work of the Uele witch-doctors. They had built "The Great Straw" which was an ingenious protective shield that seemed to increase the defence ability of ALL Southern African tribes.

The three tribes and their witch-doctors started to realise their power - their real power. It was being felt all around - even the northern Africans could feel it. It seemed to be something not of this world, maybe it was written in the stars (or possibly in the weed that these dudes smoked!)

Azande witch-doctor...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	witchcraft%20amoung%20the%20azand.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	57302  
Old November 15, 2003, 05:06   #209
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

The Head of the senate entered his chambers and knocked on his wall.

A scribe came running and almost tripped over al lthe clutter around the office.

"Scribe!! Take a note a send it via your fastest runner sto all ends of the Earth "

"Yes Senator"

"Address it from the Egytpian Senate. To all world organsisations"

"Let it be now known, that Egypt has no longer the necessary food or basic products with which to feed or cloth our people. This dire circumstances has evolved due to our being cut off in the desert. We have tryed vainly for years to gt access to fruitful lands, but alas, others are always there before we are. The Egyptian people can not be allowed to starve or wander aimless insearch of raw materials. We The Senate of Egypt, do hereby decree that we will now do all that is necessary t o redres this issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by our future activitys."

"Sign it yours sincerely,

Julias, Head of The Senate in egypt
Old November 15, 2003, 19:20   #210
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

oops, dp

Last edited by OzzyKP; November 15, 2003 at 19:30.