Old September 29, 2003, 04:04   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 19:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
For new members. The Alpha Centauri Democracy Game, an introduction
This is a CyConian recruitment thread now.

Last edited by Nubclear; February 1, 2004 at 20:40.
Old September 29, 2003, 04:07   #2
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

This is a CyConian recruimtment thread.

Last edited by Nubclear; February 1, 2004 at 20:41.
Old September 29, 2003, 04:10   #3
Kody
Emperor

The revamped ACDG introduction can be found here. I've really only adjusted formating, to make everything neater and more readable.
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=107713

Last edited by Kody; February 1, 2004 at 20:43.
Old October 4, 2003, 18:38   #4
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 04:28
This is a CyCon recruitment thread.

Last edited by Nubclear; February 2, 2004 at 15:45.
Old October 4, 2003, 19:22   #5
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 11:28
And a Fine Drone is a Happy Drone ;=)
Old October 4, 2003, 20:14   #6
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:28
This is a CyCon Recruitment Thread

Last edited by Nubclear; February 2, 2004 at 15:46.
Old October 25, 2003, 09:14   #7
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

*Committing violence against nature by bumping a topped thread.*
Old December 31, 2003, 21:57   #8
Lynch
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Settler

Hello, I'd like to join this game. Could someone briefly describe the other teams? Thanks.
Old December 31, 2003, 23:34   #9
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:28
For Peace / Pirates see above
Old December 31, 2003, 23:44   #10
Kody
Emperor

Quote:

Last edited by Kody; January 8, 2004 at 01:15.
Old January 1, 2004, 17:04   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 09:28
Lynch: The CyCon are the Cybernetic Conciousness, if you're familiar with SMAX then you will know we are a race of humans who have implants, that remove our "emoitional foibles" and enhance our logic.

The CyCon is democratic. We have 4 positions, Prime Function (the turn player), Second Function (fills in for Prime Function), External Affairs Function (responsible for diplomacy and military units) and Internal Affairs Function (responsible for terraforming, crawling and bases). The positions are elected one a month. Basically, anyone who wants a position puts their name down for one, and if more than two people go for one, we hold an election for that position.

We write a newsletter called the Digital Data Download (shortened to 3D usually). I can find back copies for you. Usually some in game and some roleplaying stories, always fun to write.

We have most of the active players from the last DG, and so it's apretty vibrant community. The forum is the most used medium for discussion, but if immediate things are needed, we use chat or MSN messenger.

If you wish to join, click on the "join" link next to the private forum and I will authorise you to enter the forum (I'm the moderator of the private forum).

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 5, 2004, 17:53   #12
Lynch
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Settler

Thanks for the offer Drogue, but I already applied to the Drones. I PM'ed Buster at CGN a couple of days ago and applied here, but have yet to have a response. Could anyone help?
Old January 5, 2004, 19:13   #13
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Last edited by Nubclear; February 2, 2004 at 15:47.
Old January 5, 2004, 19:34   #14
jtsisyoda
King

I have contacted Buster as well, about your desire to join.
Old January 5, 2004, 19:40   #15
Lynch
Settler

Thank you.
Old January 27, 2004, 09:19   #16
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Is it possible to join University faction, and possibly then, as i understand, reactivate it as a team? I would like to join the ACDG and from the all factions that one seems most suitable
Old January 27, 2004, 10:34   #17
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

It isn't, I'm afraid. The PUT (Planet University of Technology) is now a closed faction, played as a PBEM. If you wish to join another research strong team, the CyCon are always open to new members We have had 3 join in the last week, so you won't be the only one catching up on what's happened.

If you wish to, PM myself, and I'll authorise you tonight GMT (in about 4/5 hours) when I get home.

Old January 27, 2004, 10:49   #18
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 20:28
From one of those newly-joined, CyCon is a very nice faction.
(and give free logic-circuit upgrades!)
Old January 28, 2004, 16:02   #19
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Not to mention the bartender gives a free drink for all new CyCon's in the Thermocline Tavern.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 31, 2004, 11:49   #20
Lynch
Settler

I don't seem to be getting a response... May I try and join CyCon?
Old January 31, 2004, 12:41   #21
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Certainly!
Old February 1, 2004, 00:02   #22
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

And be assured, interesting times are coming!!!

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 1, 2004, 13:55   #23
Drogue
staff

Indeed, you now have

Old February 1, 2004, 15:40   #24
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Join CyCon!

We are powerfull and democratic and the most interesting part of the game is coming!
Old February 2, 2004, 04:26   #25
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

The Rise and FALL of the CyCon Empire

Piyo!!!!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 2, 2004, 05:18   #26
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Ignore him - watch for 3D Special Announcement - will appear any day now
Old February 2, 2004, 05:26   #27
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

/me laughs in glee.
See, I know what he is talking about.
Old February 3, 2004, 06:28   #28
Drogue
staff

While I like the idea of clearing out the thread, my post above:
Quote:
The CyCon are the Cybernetic Conciousness, if you're familiar with SMAX then you will know we are a race of humans who have implants, that remove our "emoitional foibles" and enhance our logic.

The CyCon is democratic. We have 4 positions, Prime Function (the turn player), Second Function (fills in for Prime Function), External Affairs Function (responsible for diplomacy and military units) and Internal Affairs Function (responsible for terraforming, crawling and bases). The positions are elected one a month. Basically, anyone who wants a position puts their name down for one, and if more than two people go for one, we hold an election for that position.

We write a newsletter called the Digital Data Download (shortened to 3D usually). I can find back copies for you. Usually some in game and some roleplaying stories, always fun to write.

We have most of the active players from the last DG, and so it's apretty vibrant community. The forum is the most used medium for discussion, but if immediate things are needed, we use chat or MSN messenger.

If you wish to join, click on the "join" link next to the private forum and I will authorise you to enter the forum (I'm the moderator of the private forum).
is probably useful for people joining to see what the CyCon is like, and personally I'd prefer it to stay there. I wouldn't call that spam.

Old February 4, 2004, 06:33   #29
Skanky Burns

It seems this thread is doing its job, too. We now have as many people as the Hive to. Quite an impressive feat, considering our -1 growth.
Old February 4, 2004, 15:23   #30
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
It seems this thread is doing its job, too. We now have as many people as the Hive to. Quite an impressive feat, considering our -1 growth.
Well we got two PUT members so far and two new - just as we expand we gain more members.
We -1 Growth
Hive +1Growth
Equal number of members -