I prefer dating bananas 3 2.68%
I'm currently married to someone of my own race 10 8.93%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 1, 2003, 18:17   #151
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 10:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm white and I don't mind dating girls from other races (as long as they're hot. But, although they must exist, I've yet to see a hot aborigine. I think I've seen one or two decent looking middle eastern woman, but their mustaches grossed me out. I know it's silly but I'm also a bit worried that my kids wouldn't look anything like me if my their mum was black/yellow/brown/purple/whatever.

Other cultures I may have a problem with though. Non-western women are sometimes way too passive/submissive for my likings. I want a fun, smart and sporty partner, not a personal assistant or a birth giving machine.
Old October 1, 2003, 18:18   #152
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 04:34
Quote:
Ben, I've focused on real life, and so there hasn't been as much time. Still, I've managed to drop by now and again, thanks for asking pal.
Next time I see you around, I'll bump my RCIA thread.

You might be interested.

Glad to hear everything's good.
Old October 1, 2003, 18:20   #153
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 05:34
Last fall I dated a gorgeous Black libertarian chick. Tall hottie. Problem was she was a spoiled princess type, way too expensive and high maintence for me. Plus we just didn't have any chemistry. I wish I had a pic, she was quite attractive.

Anyways, the answer is I don't care what color or ethnicity people are. It'd be nice to marry a Catholic Hungarian, but I'll find who I find. I have no fetish or preference, I'm just open to anyone.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 1, 2003, 18:23   #154
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

So what's the difference between 'Definetly' and 'Couldn't Care Less..."? They seem to basically be the same to me.

And 4 people said Definetly not?!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old October 1, 2003, 18:25   #155
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Local Time: 09:34
RCIA?

Rightwing Catholic Immigrants Association?
Old October 2, 2003, 07:16   #156
Q Classic
Emperor

Quote:
how do you feel about african men fetishists? you know the stereotypes; dark skinned, muscular, well hung. any worse / less worse than asian fetishists?
sm (er, maybe i shouldn't abbreviate like that...), fetishists in general offend me. but see, the difference between african men fetishists and asian women fetishists is that one of the strikes much closer to home than the other. i'm not black. i am asian. so the african fetishists don't affect me in as direct of a manner as asian fetishists.
hell, that could be my cousin that they're abusing. that's a lot closer to home than someone objectifying my friend.
and finally, i personally think that it's quite a bit worse. sure, the african stereotype is nasty and disgusting, and plays into exoticism. but very rarely does it involve anything remotely close to emotional domination that so often accompanies these asian fetishists' relationships.

Quote:
Che, exactly. Alot of white guys give up on white women. Society, through stuff like the soaps, teach them if they want a thrill, cheat. Also, that love can be evidenced by the price of a diamond or the size of a new car. Since after they get the car and the diamond, they still want a thrill... Anyway, it sickens me. Thank God I'm free of it. My wife is a friend and companion, as well as the love of my life. I'm so glad that the 'war of the sexes' is behind me. Contentious relationships suck. So, yes, so many have given up, many more will.
huh. well, guess it goes to show that it only affects those who watch those soaps. i still know plenty of white women who don't find any thrills in infidelity...
lancer, guess it just works out that we're keeping the rates equal. you're dating an asian girl, i'm dating a white girl.
Old October 2, 2003, 07:32   #157
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 02:34
The most down to Earth and least materialist woman I have ever dated was a white chick. I'm not saying all white chicks are like that or not like that but the idea that all white girls are materialists is just plain false. In fact I would say they are no worse or better about materialism or cheating then any other ethnicity.

BTW those of you who think white girls are more slutty then other girls should try dating a good church girl (and there are LOTS of them out there). Talk about a tough nut to crack.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old October 2, 2003, 07:41   #158
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Yeah, but sometimes a repressed exterior hides all kinds of unseen fun.
Old October 2, 2003, 07:47   #159
Oerdin
Deity

Yeah it would be fun but I'm not sure I want a Catholic school girl who's trying to make up for 20 years of repression in one night.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old October 2, 2003, 07:48   #160
The Viceroy
Prince

My wife is Indian from Bombay, im English from Chester .. Ive never had any problems with race or religion .. our daughter speaks both English and Hindi and even Spanish (blame that damn dora the explorer) ..

I just think the world is full of people, all completely different in there own way .. The place they come from owes more to the culture and uniqueness of that individual than the genetic heritage ..

Im English .. or am I Viking ? or Saxon, or celt ?? Maybe there's Roman gene's there, Middle Eastern, African .. ?? If we all trace our genetic backgrounds back, we will find we all are mongrals of one kind or another, so the idea of a "Race" of people to me is just invalid.

We are all our own race .. mate with somebody, you create somebody unique.
Old October 2, 2003, 07:56   #161
Oerdin
Deity

To be fair populations which are isolated from from other populations tend to have their own distinct look.
Old October 2, 2003, 08:09   #162
Q Classic
Emperor

Quote:
If we all trace our genetic backgrounds back, we will find we all are mongrals of one kind or another,
and yet, people take pride in being pure-blooded mongrels.
Old October 2, 2003, 08:13   #163
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

No-one's isolated any more. Even "indians" from the Brazilian rain forests come out and travel to cities to work, maybe returning later in life. There is no such thing as a totally self-contained existence any more. They even let Texans out - just as long as they join the army.

Obviously, if tribes exist that have not made contact with anyone then how are we going to know, and how are you going to fall in love with one of their people? Some cultures may still be distinct, but things are becoming more and more homogenised.
Old October 2, 2003, 08:19   #164
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by duke o' york
No-one's isolated any more. Even "indians" from the Brazilian rain forests come out and travel to cities to work, maybe returning later in life. There is no such thing as a totally self-contained existence any more. They even let Texans out - just as long as they join the army.
No one is claiming that any national group lives in a hermetically sealed container but as long as the incoming genes are minor compared to the reporduction of existing genes then the population's genetic make up will remain largely unchanged. BTW Existing genetic subgroups are breaking down faster then ever before but they still exist.

I'm not an expert at east Asian genetics but even I can see a remakable difference between the look of say a Korean and a Chinese or even a Japanese. In indo-Chinese groups the differences are even more remarkable. There is far more variation between Asian groups then there is between European groups.

As a result of that individual nationalities have a very distinct national look.
Old October 2, 2003, 08:22   #165
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:34
Quote:
but even I can see a remakable difference between the look of say a Korean and a Chinese or even a Japanese
A lot of that has to do with different clothing, hair etc. etc. styles. It seems that culture even impacts facial expressions a good bit. But there are some differences, Koreans tend to be taller for example...
Old October 2, 2003, 08:27   #166
Oerdin
Deity

It goes way beyond clothing. For instance when I was in Korea I noticed that the people had a tendency to have long torsos with comparatively short arms and legs (though the women had much larger tits compared to other Asians ) while the Chinese and Japanese tended to have torso to leg lengths closer to Europeans. Again one isn't better then the other it's just different and populations which are largely isolated tend to have distinctive looks compared to other populations.
Old October 2, 2003, 08:31   #167
Oerdin
Deity

National looks are so distinctive that I bet I could identify the nationality of a majority of east Asians just from looking at their faces or their body proportions (if we're talking about women then they wouldn't even need to wear clothes ). You can often tell someone's national background just upon their features if you know what to look for; though Chinese are much more difficult since they have so many ethnic groups. Mostly if the person isn't han and doesn't fit the mold for Japanese, Korea, Thai, etc I can guess Chinese by default and still be mostly right.
Old October 2, 2003, 08:51   #168
Q Classic
Emperor

it's harder for non-asians to do it, but asians themselves can usually tell the difference.

and if you know their names, you've got a dead giveaway, usually, right there.

www.alllooksame.com

another reason, i think, why the asians are so much more distinctive, is that the injunction given by the parents to stay with their own kind, but stay also outside of the family, has created a situation where they tend not to date other ethnicities--even ones that look similar; this has held largely true until the modern era, and even then, most of these cross-ethnic matches occur outside of the home country.

it's much, much, much rarer to see a japanese-korean match in asia than it is here in the states.
Old October 2, 2003, 09:31   #169
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:34
Quote:
is that the injunction given by the parents to stay with their own kind
Yeah, this can get fairly bad at times. The Japanese kid who was at my school before I started apparently got picked on horribly. Luckily now just about the strongest kid in my school is this one really cool really strong girl who does a great job of keeping all the little **** boys in line
Old October 2, 2003, 10:48   #170
Oerdin
Deity

At Q^3's site I got 14 out of 18 where the average person gets 7. Damn, I'm good.
Old October 2, 2003, 12:23   #171
Gangerolf
Prince

I got a 7. Maybe because I don't see many koreans around here. Lots of Japanese tourists and some Chinese immigrants though.
What's the point of that test anyway (their "agenda")
Old October 2, 2003, 12:26   #172
DaShi
Emperor

8. With all the raping and pillaging between Korea and Japan how can anyone tell them apart?
Old October 2, 2003, 12:29   #173
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by duke o' york
They even let Texans out - just as long as they join the army.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old October 2, 2003, 12:30   #174
Q Classic
Emperor

hm.. i'll have to think on how exactly i decide. it's a sorta spidey-sense, kinda...

i'd gotten a 16/18 when i took the test a while back.
Old October 2, 2003, 12:36   #175
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
should try dating a good church girl (and there are LOTS of them out there). Talk about a tough nut to crack.
Quote:
I'm not sure I want to be making up for 20 years of repression in one night.
But that's the best part!
Old October 2, 2003, 13:13   #176
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 03:34
I am married to a white woman, which is not suprising given that about 98% of the people within 500 miles of me were white

But I would definitely have had no problem dating any number of ethnicities. Unsuprisingy I find the body characteristics and colors most common in some parts of the world to be more attractive to me than those of other parts

The color and facial structure most common in the Indian subcontinent for example , makes me just melt. I see SO VERY MANY women I find attractive with origins in that part of the world

I also find many people of latino extraction and lighter colored black people to be often attractive. There just seem to be some middle shade that attracts me LOL. While I am usually not attracted to women that sport the darkest skin, I saw a very dark woman on the bus that might possibly br the most beautiful woman alive.

Bottom line is that we all have facial, coloring and body type characteristics that attract us. While those features may be more prevalent in one ethnicity than another, you never know from which ethnicity you might find a person incredibly attractive to you.
Old October 2, 2003, 16:21   #177
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Q Cubed
i'd gotten a 16/18 when i took the test a while back.
Ok, you beat me but I still think I did pretty well for a white boy.
Old October 2, 2003, 16:47   #178
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 12:34
4/18. Those faces were HARD!

I bet asians would score much lower on a mid-eastern one, though.
Old October 2, 2003, 16:53   #179
Japher
Emperor

I got 7/18...

Just goes to show that I am right, you can't tell the difference... I even live in the middle of Asianville in my area. I hear Asian people ask other Asian people what nationality the are all the time...

Anyway, thank god it wasn't a North, South, or West African test...
Old October 3, 2003, 20:52   #180
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

I confuse the hell out of Asians, with my face.

Then again being half-Chinese, half-German does that to you.