Old October 1, 2003, 16:23   #1
bignickel
Settler

Local Time: 03:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
'Out of Virtual Memory' in MP game
Well, evidently, NO ONE on the planet has run into this problem, due to the lack of anything on the Internet about it.

It's simple: The Weathercontrol Secret Project (or whatever it's called) is being completed this turn, by me.

Everytime I try to open the move sent to me by the guys in our MP game, I get "Out of virtual memory. Game is being shut down. Defrag your hard drive and increase your virtual memory".

I now have 800! Mb of Virtual memory, from the 400 before. The drive is very defragged. I'm patched to version 2. I even tried that xp/win2k compat. patch. That didn't do anything either.

This is my Work box, mind you. I have a box at home.

The work box:
Win2K
Service Pack 3
264 MB ram
Rage Fury Pro

Any ideas? Or do I have to relegate myself to opening such moves at home?
Old October 1, 2003, 17:50   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 09:40
Post the save. I'll try to open it. If I get the same error...It's with the save.
Old October 1, 2003, 18:06   #3
bignickel
Settler

Local Time: 03:40
No need. The problem has now gone.

What I did:
1. Re-installed the game (since I read about ALL players having to have that win2k/xp compat patch installed).
2. The other player sent me the move again.

So it MAY have been the move was corrupt. I don't know. All I know is that this time, the game came up, it didn't do any kind of movie; it just told what the Weather Control Secret Project does, and that's it. It may be that the movie played on HIS box, and thus didn't have to play on mine.