View Poll Results: Can one team give another access to their turn?
Yes 6 17.65%
No 28 82.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 5, 2003, 10:40   #121
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 03:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
Almost sounds like the original land split from Roleplay way back when..
Well, they are "allies" now. Maybe they've decided to share diplomacy secrets and techniques.

Kinda like Yugo and Saab sharing automotive engineering patents............
Old October 5, 2003, 14:13   #122
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:43
OPD, since you have been so kind as to tell us RP/GS’ plan for splitting us, let me enlighten you on ours.

Operation Pretty Daring(OPD)
We believed from a while back that war with GS was inevitable. But how could we possible invade when they had that huge Voxian war army left. It was pickle. But one night I again saw the great Banana sitting on my bed(see how I became the great Prophet for the past banana visit), and he enlightened me(no I wasn’t lighting a banana peel). He said "Use another war to get their army onto Bob, then while there here you invade their country.

As fate(or perhaps the great Banana) had it we had a war planned. Now some on our team seemed to dislike, for past reasons, RP and were already planning this campaign. Luckily I didn’t and thus came up with an AWFUL plan, an EVIL plan, and a WONDERFUL plan, in short an awfully evil wonderful plan.

We would STAGE a war. Now at first Togas and Darekill wouldn’t go far this idea. But when Togas saw the invasion force nearing RP he consented, on the grounds that we’d assist RP to be a legitimate country after the war. Darekill gave in when we explained that we could all have FP placed on Stormia and thus double our size,(ET as usual had a spreadsheet explaining all) and with an Alliance between us and ND, RP couldn’t ever threaten us.

Now came the hard part, how to sucker GS into sending their army. Luckily, MZ and Arnelos are master diplomats and had an idea. Arnelos was able to convince GS that they would do ANYTHING to be saved. In a stroke of brilliance he even gave cities to them and got them to donate catapults(to be used later against GS). Don’t buy a used car from this man. It was perfect. Notice how we almost never attack RP forces(we have to a few times to make it look good).

With RP giving intel we even knew a stack of 8 catapults was headed south.(I bet you all wondered how we knew about this before it happened. They didn’t tell us about the knights and Pikes guarding so it was bloodier than hoped). When the time was right and a large GS stack was irrevocable committed to BOB, we would use the city gift trick to transport our small southern force to the north(since this had been used before no one could argue) to join with a larger north force and launch and invasion of Stormia.

At the same time Bigfree agreed to post this thread, this way RP and thus us can see where all the nice GS forces are on the map. No since we aren’t legally an ally we can’t look, but RP could.

So OPD laugh if you must. But it is entirely possible that a large force of GOW forces are already gathered and only await another ship or two to get to the launch point. I hope you have all your coastal squares covered. Perhaps we will even get Astronomy in time to upgrade galleys to Caravels. But that would take too long and I’m not a patient man(that is your one hope, I am meticulous but not patient).

Now you all know this couldn’t really happen this way, but you also know that if anybody could plan and execute such a truly evil plan, the person writing this could(Lets face it, my avatar is Sauron).

Best wishes, hope to visit Stormia soon,
Aggie
Old October 5, 2003, 14:15   #123
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 05:43
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

Also GoW must make one of the cities on mini bob their new capital, and ND must make the other one their new capital.
wow sounds like the FP exploit bug
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old October 5, 2003, 14:29   #124
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 09:43
Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32

I deny everything. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything.

Old October 5, 2003, 14:50   #125
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32

Can we make these cities be the ones at the extreme south eastern tip of Little Bob?

This way all the cities on Bob count as being the closest to our capital...........
Old October 5, 2003, 14:59   #126
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Oh how I love you GoW types, so evil and sneaky,

*OPD pats Aggie on the head*

talking of exploits are you guys going to be using the catapult switch thing again? I don't want to make a big deal about this, but if you have to, will you do it again rather than lose the units?
Old October 5, 2003, 15:02   #127
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Oh how I love you GoW types, so evil and sneaky,

*OPD pats Aggie on the head*

talking of exploits are you guys going to be using the catapult switch thing again? I don't want to make a big deal about this, but if you have to, will you do it again rather than lose the units?
Lose units? Did GS/Roleplay hire some other team that actually knows how to fight to join their side?
Old October 5, 2003, 15:08   #128
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

nah we're going for the passive resistance type of strat, you guys have got to get tired of killing after a while.
Old October 5, 2003, 15:39   #129
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
I don't anticipated ever being in that position. . But we have never used the double shot technique. Though if the oportunity presented itself we must ask ourselves "what would sauron do?".

Speaking of exploits still, have you guys ever thought that if we wanted we could "capture all Nd workers" and with our ind trait, they work at same speed but no upkeep for ND. Actually trip can attest to the fact that I actually mentioned this in forum, but thought it was too much of an exploit. Yes I am bad sometimes.
Aggie
Old October 5, 2003, 16:17   #130
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

The way they keep bringing up the catapult thing makes you wonder if they're feeling guilty for some exploit they used.......................
Old October 5, 2003, 16:36   #131
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:43
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
But one night I again saw the great Banana sitting on my bed....
Is that the one with the C or D batteries?
Old October 5, 2003, 16:39   #132
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Is that the one with the C or D batteries?
Old October 5, 2003, 16:50   #133
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Old October 5, 2003, 16:56   #134
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 10:43
Quote:
I don't anticipated ever being in that position. . But we have never used the double shot technique. Though if the oportunity presented itself we must ask ourselves "what would sauron do?".
Not the double shot technique. But the double move exploit you used for certain.
Old October 5, 2003, 16:57   #135
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Old October 5, 2003, 17:02   #136
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Is that what Sauron would do?
Old October 5, 2003, 17:14   #137
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
Is that what Sauron would do?
The double shot technique with the D battery powered "Great Banana"?
Old October 5, 2003, 17:56   #138
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Yes. I hear that's how he likes it.
Old October 5, 2003, 18:33   #139
Aggie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Not the double shot technique. But the double move exploit you used for certain.
I wouldn't call it an exploit ,less so than the teleport bug, due to the fact that it has a cost associated with it. Its not a free ride since you have to be in a state of war to do it and thats cuts lux and resource for a turn. The real need for this comes from the poor way alliances are done in this game. I like how it is done in AC much better. There should be GS pikes fortifing pamploma and ND pikes defending some of our cities.

Do I wish that these little tricks hadn't been used, YES. But unfortunately the line was crossed a long time ago and once the genie is out of the bottle it out to stay. I still think we can/should all get together and make some REAL HORRIBLE exploits illegal. Most of us can agree on those and I don't think any will ever be used anyway(thus the question "why make them illegal in the 1st place"). Then we can work on the others case by case.

However, many would say the above mentioned ones are not exploits and wouldn't want them gone.

Now on a lighter subject.
I forgot you GS/RP heathens weren't aquainted to the true religion of The Great Banana,"D battery version". So perhaps I will have to stage my own inquisition.
Aggie
Old October 5, 2003, 19:07   #140
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Now you all know this couldn’t really happen this way, but you also know that if anybody could plan and execute such a truly evil plan, the person writing this could(Lets face it, my avatar is Sauron).
Nice but I like my evil plan better. At least it's working

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old October 5, 2003, 19:18   #141
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
As opposed to giftings cities and "magically" transporting catapults across oceans.........
Old October 5, 2003, 19:27   #142
Harovan
staff

Quote:
I wouldn't call it an exploit ,less so than the teleport bug, due to the fact that it has a cost associated with it. Its not a free ride since you have to be in a state of war to do it and thats cuts lux and resource for a turn. The real need for this comes from the poor way alliances are done in this game. I like how it is done in AC much better. There should be GS pikes fortifing pamploma and ND pikes defending some of our cities.
Of course it is the exploit of a game bug. Units that moved should have their movement points removed for that turn, period. They can be captured, but not be moved or shoot a second time anymore. And there is no real need to move the same unit twice in one turn, poor man alliances or not. By the way, city gifting costs the production of this city and all shields and it had accumulated, too. Nothing is for free.

That said, all this stuff like city gifting, unit teleporting, minimap and screenshot changing, the catapult exploit, the island block and alike ruin the game for me. These dirty tricks have nothing to do with the civilization game I like. I'm unhappy that they were used and I think they should be banned. The inevitable crap talking of some individuals does the rest. I will stick this game out, although I lost 99% of my interest. I regret to have joined the second game, though.
Old October 5, 2003, 19:31   #143
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Which team are you on in the second one Sir Ralph?
Old October 5, 2003, 19:35   #144
Harovan
staff

Monty Python. The civgroup icons are there for a reason.
Old October 5, 2003, 19:43   #145
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
Nice but I like my evil plan better. At least it's working
I was tempted to comment on this, but I'll keep my trap shut.
Old October 5, 2003, 19:49   #146
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:43
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
When GoW first found out that GS has warped units (we wrongly assumed it was GS units when really it was RP units and a "number" of free catapults), I and a few others posted on the forum that we thought it was a blatent use of an exploit. I also posted that since no rules were agreed to at the start of the game, we must accept that what GS did was not cheating, and have to just play on.

GS & RP made no comment as to whether they thought it was right or wrong to do it.

As it turns out, those extra catapults have influenced our decisions in this war. We have been attacked, and we have decided to not attack some positions because of those catapults. The unit warp used by GS/RP has influenced this war, and quite possibly saved RP's ass.

I had to take a few days off to calm down when the original "GoW is using an exploit and it must stop" post was put in the main forum. And we now have had some GS members say that "perhaps" some tactics used by GS have been "questionable".

It's just smacks of double standards that GS/RP will use exploits so freely, but when the potential for an exploit to be used against them appears, they start crying foul.

So I am still of the opinion, that if GoW/ND get the opportunity to use a double shot of catapults then my vote will be yes to do it.

Once RP is eliminated and GS banished from Bob, if Vox/Lego/ND want to make an agreement to ban it as a future exploit then I am happy to agree. (And would prefer it)

And on a lighter note:
Congrats to RP & GS for keeping the secret so well hidden from us.

And the funniest thing to come out of this thread ....
The two RP horsemen warped back home from GS was RP's invasion force being sent to attack GS
And the units GS were able to get to RP's defense by "traditional means" was actually their RP invasion force.

Last edited by Hot_Enamel; October 5, 2003 at 20:26.
Old October 5, 2003, 20:00   #147
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Monty Python. The civgroup icons are there for a reason.
I have your icons on my Ignore List...............
Old October 5, 2003, 20:04   #148
Harovan
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I have your icons on my Ignore List...............
I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur King, you and all your silly English k-nnnnnnnniggets!
Old October 5, 2003, 20:25   #149
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

"Does anybody want a peanut?"

(It sorta rhymes with k niget.)
Old October 5, 2003, 20:52   #150
Harovan
staff

I don't need a peanut. I need a coconut, but European swallows can't carry them. Anyone here who has an African swallow?

That said, good night (k-night)