Local Time: 09:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
You have such a one track mind Azazel... Maybe there's money in it too
Old October 2, 2003, 16:48   #32
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 02:44
Orange: Most of the time when a girl says things like "I want us to break up so I can get my head on straight" or stuff like that she really just wants out and this is the easiest way for her to break the news.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.

Last edited by Oerdin; October 3, 2003 at 12:00.
Old October 2, 2003, 16:48   #33
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:44
Living in Batavia, IL. It was 8 years of slow torture which really messed me up and though I haven't been in school for 18 years, I'm still not over how those kids tortured me.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old October 2, 2003, 16:49   #34
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 12:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
You have such a one track mind Azazel... Maybe there's money in it too

Seriously, do you HAVE to have those beautiful pink-coloured feeling for every woman you sleep with? didn't think so. Why do you think women are that different that way?
Old October 2, 2003, 16:50   #35
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by orange
Why on earth would you want to sleep with someone when they don't even like you??
Because you feel like **** about yourself and you need others to confirm your worthlessness. Major symptom of depression.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old October 2, 2003, 16:52   #36
Az
Emperor

That works, too.
Old October 2, 2003, 16:53   #37
chequita guevara
Emperor

Also a major symptom of emotional or physical abuse.
Old October 2, 2003, 16:54   #38
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 10:44
Augh. Bad bad thing
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old October 2, 2003, 16:57   #39
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
Because you feel like **** about yourself and you need others to confirm your worthlessness. Major symptom of depression.
Or at least a total lack of self-respect.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old October 2, 2003, 17:49   #40
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I think I've already aired the story about my worst experience ever, since everybody got sick I don't think I'll do it again.
Old October 2, 2003, 18:33   #41
Hueij
Emperor

Local Time: 11:44
UR, strange that you come up with this now. I have a kind of similar experience, only it has been over twenty years ago but still she pops up in my mind every now and then. Like two days ago and this thread ain't helping...

Twenty-one years and a lot of serious relations later I still would throw everything away, just for another chance. Talking about pathetic...
Old October 2, 2003, 19:37   #42
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
Quote:
What the hell kind of relationship is that?? Why on earth would you want to sleep with someone when they don't even like you??
great sex?
Quite the opposite actually. Now, I know you may think that she just said this for my sake...but we got together one time and I asked her to be honest with me about that, and she said it was awful awful awful sex. He apparently doesn't last very long, and she never once reached orgasm.

I could tell she was being honest because she doesn't talk very openly about sex, and even though we were far from anyone else, she still had to whisper and use 'I never...you know...eye and hand motions' etc. etc.

Gotta admit, made me feel better at first...

Che -
Quote:
Yes, this is a big problem that she has. I don't know if she's necessarily suffering from depression...but she has horrible self-respsect ever since our break up, and I've never been so hurt by someone elses pain. Seeing her like that rips me apart.

Any suggestions? Things to look for?

Quote:
Also a major symptom of emotional or physical abuse.
Physical abuse - definitely not. Emotional abuse - I'm guessing no, but then again that's not as easy to spot or to identify by the person themself.

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old October 2, 2003, 20:03   #43
MattyBoy
Prince

Local Time: 19:44
UR - my worst experience was along the same lines. The interesting thing is that being dumped by my first gf hit me so hard when what we had was actually quite shallow. It is old old news for me now and certainly couldn't bring a tear to my eye any more, but I think it helps that we had some contact after we had established that I was unwilling to come back for more heartache.

On a par would be the time that my young daughter got very sick, but fortunately that ended well, so the suffering was far more short-lived.
Old October 2, 2003, 21:57   #44
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

One time, someone DIDN'T leggo my eggo.

I was heartbroken.
Old October 2, 2003, 22:01   #45
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 03:44
Clicking the "register" link on Apolyton.
Old October 2, 2003, 22:02   #46
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
I don't discuss my weaknesses with strangers.

As for you, UR, go do something you enjoy. Meet with friends (RL friends), go or a walk in the park, chat with your current SO (do you have one?).

It's been over ten years? GET OVER IT. We've all been burned one time or another.
Mmmm, I don't think that's what he was really saying: that he's still sobbing on a daily basis for the lass, but that this situation was "the worst thing, emotionally, that happened to" UR. If nothing worse has happened in the sixteen years prior or 10 years after, then that would be the answer to the thread title. Why jump on him for answering his own question?
Old October 2, 2003, 22:21   #47
self biased
staff
Civilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Civilization V News Editor

i had an ex fake a pregnancy, and force me to move halfway across the country.

**sheepish grin**
Old October 2, 2003, 22:30   #48
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:44
I went through the whole "best friends with a girl I wanted really badly who would rather slit her wrists than touch me" routine in college for a looooooooooong time. Not that bad, but really wears you down after a while.

Thinks are working out great now and I'd take my current gf over my old pathetic crush in a second.
Old October 2, 2003, 22:36   #49
JCG
Prince

Probably losing *a lot* of friends way back in early highschool, mixed with a rather tortuous family life all the way through...works like a charm, as far as emotionally damaging things go (at least 'til today).
Old October 2, 2003, 22:51   #50
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

I developed an obsession for a girl I hardly knew and pined after her for two years. My behavior then was almost criminal, and it makes me sick to think that I did what I did.

Then, though I didn't know it at the time, I displaced by obsession onto another girl. The ultimate cliche occurred and my bestfriend fell for her as well. Our friendship slowly disintegrated and eventually I ended it, permanently, online. Later I realized there was more wrong with the relationship, but then I was unaware of that fact.

The summer after I lost my bestfriend was the worst summer of my life.

Then I got together with someone totally unrelated to either of the two girls and developed a great relationship. The relationship started going bad during the next summer when my girlfriend became incredibly busy and absent.

So I fell for another girl and hid the fact from my girlfriend. This girl happened to be my former's bestfriend's little sister's former bestfriend.

When my girlfriend found out it was truly terrible, and our relationship barely survived.

Then the new girl became my bestfriend. After a long time, with the consent of my girlfriend, we began dating. It lasted a week. So I was back with my original girlfriend.

Then I found out that my girlfriend fingered my bestfriend/girl I'd fallen for. That was upsetting (but she wasn't cheating on me, we didn't have an exclusive relationship or anything (which reminds me of the time when my girlfriend, while drunk, gave head to a friend of sixteen years while I was "asleep" like five feet away. that hurt too)).

And then several days ago I had a long and honest conversation with my bestfriend. I told her that I now had the ability (I'd been doing a lot of meditating and soul searching lately) to erase my attraction for her. I asked her if it was the right thing to do. She told me that she didn't know how she felt about me because she wouldn't let herself think about it. Sometimes she wonders why she isn't with me. She thinks we have something truly unique and special, and that, for lack of a better term, we're soulmates. She also said that we're basically already together because we do everything with each other and people mistake us for a couple on a regular basis, but that we don't do anything remotely romantic or sexual.

The conclusion was that absolutes were bad, and that I should try to manage the attraction instead of getting rid of it.

I told my girlfriend this, and she freaked out. She couldn't understand why I wouldn't get rid of the attraction if I had the chance. So I've decided that I am going to get rid of it for the sake of my relationship.

I've had a lot of painful things happen to me with regards to girls. In fact, something else happened that's probably worse than all of this, but I don't have the strength to talk about it right now.
Old October 2, 2003, 23:11   #51
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 17:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Hueij
UR, strange that you come up with this now.
It's the autumn and absence of my SO, Hueij.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hueij
I have a kind of similar experience, only it has been over twenty years ago but still she pops up in my mind every now and then. Like two days ago and this thread ain't helping...
Aye, I understand.

Sometimes, however, mental wounds can only heal if you air them out. Like cutting open old wounds and flushing the pus out.
Old October 2, 2003, 23:20   #52
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 17:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
UR: Take care of yourself, and remember that had you hooked up with that girl, you never would have met your current SO. I think of that myself, and I realise just how much happier I am with my current girlfriend.
Absolutely. I wouldn't even compare them - putting a cheater next to my SO is a grave insult to her.
Old October 3, 2003, 00:03   #53
DaShi
Emperor

It's fascinating how people let sex ruin there lives. It doesn't have to, but they let it.
Old October 3, 2003, 04:54   #54
Sikander
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Datajack Franit
About one year ago my mother snuffing in my personal belongings and reading my diary found out I'm gay- she told me she wish she had aborted me in the first place and that mentally disturbed beings should be confined in asylums, tortured with electic shocks and cold water in order to never get out- that was something very disturbing that definitely changed our relations, although her best way of asking sorry was pretending all of that never happened- how weird
That's terrible. I hope you have some good friends who care for you as you are. You're mom sounds like she is very immature in this regard. She doesn't sound like she is someone who you can really count on to love you unconditionally at this time.
Old October 3, 2003, 04:58   #55
Sikander
King

Quote:
Originally posted by orange
the way she described her rather awful relationship with her exboyfriend is that she kept trying to get him to like her.

What the hell kind of relationship is that?? Why on earth would you want to sleep with someone when they don't even like you??

That's what's known as being a *** dumpster.
Most people like this are simply reenacting an important primary relationship (ie with a parent or someone) in their romantic life. They hope that their idealized romantic relationship will prove more fruitful than the primary relationship that it resembles, but this rarely pans out. Two plus two still equals four, or in this case an emotionally unavailable or abusive person is still poor relationship material.
Old October 3, 2003, 05:15   #56
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
I don't discuss my weaknesses with strangers.
Words to live by.
Old October 3, 2003, 05:31   #57
Sikander
King

My first serious relationship started in my senior year of high school. I had already moved out of the house and was living in a large house with a bunch of college students. In the middle of the year a new girl moved into the house. She was beautiful and intelligent, and we hit it off immediately, first as friends. She was instantly the sexual / romantic goal of every guy in the house, and we were fast friends. She was 22 years old, or four years older than me.

We spent a lot of time together, and though I had a huge crush on her I didn't hold out a lot of hope that I, a skinny high schooler could compete with all of those college guys for her attentions. But one Friday night she invited me to her room and got me (and herself) very drunk and seduced me. I was in heaven, even though she seemed to feel a bit guilty about it all the next day. She wanted to keep everything a secret, and though I wanted to take out newspaper ads describing how great I felt, I agreed to keep things quiet. We would sneak around and have sex every couple of days, and pretend that nothing was happening. Finally someone overheard us or caught us in the act and the secret was out. We both got teased a bit about it, but I was happier to have things out in the open.

By my first year of college we were living together and very serious. We talked about marriage and got "engaged to be engaged". In the late autumn of that year she got pregnant, but didn't tell me about it until she had an abortion. I knew that she had her demons. She had had an incestuous affair with her younger brother when she was in high school, and had been raped when she was in junior high. But things quickly took a turn for the worst. She was really struggling with her mental health, and dropped out of school. This was a big step, as she only had one year left to finish her engineering degree.

At the end of school for the semester she returned to her parents home. She got worked up by a psychiatrist and was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic. She was admitted to a psychiatric facility and I didn't see or hear from her again for six months. I was crushed, especially when my mother (a physician) explained the realities of paranoid schizophrenia to me. No cure, gets progressively worse, and is a horror for the person suffering from it.

One day the next summer I was wallowing in my depression when I felt something strange. I was talking with some friends in a store and walked out in mid-sentence and ran straight into my girlfriend as she was walking down the sidewalk. We were both very happy to see one another. She was now an outpatient and had a place a couple of hours away. Her whole life was spent dealing with her disease in one way or another. She couldn't work. Despite all of this bad news we hooked up again, and in a sad way all of the things I felt for her were made clear to me. I was still crazy about her and didn't give a damn about the consequences. Part of the energy for this was no doubt my own belief that I didn't deserve love, and it was only the greatest celestial accident that allowed me to taste it. In any event we reestablished a relationship that went on for another two years.

I only saw her occasionally, perhaps once a month though we exchanged a lot of letters and phone calls. This was in large part because when she was really seeing a lot of halucinations etc. she would simply refuse to see me. What I saw of her was her at her best. By this time I had chucked thinking about the future out of the window. I only felt and acted. Her delusions were getting really bad, including awful ones about me. She had tried to kill herself 3 times already. One time I visited her and she showed me how she had cut herself with broken glass on her arms and legs. A lot. It was very difficult to see this stuff. She saw how this affected me and wanted to break off the relationship. I was stubborn and didn't want to give her up.

After two years of this suffering, she moved to Florida where her parents now lived in order that they could keep an eye on her. We finally broke up, though we remained in touch from time to time. I last heard from her about 17 years ago. She had wanted to kill her parents (by poisoning) for some delusional reason, thought better of it and instead tried to kill herself again. The coast guard found her miles out at sea still swimming away from the coast. (She was always an amazing athlete.) The last communication I received from her was in response to as cheerful and positive a letter that I could compose under the circumstances. She was so depressed I could barely make out the writing. She was so delusional that the letter really made very little sense, other than she was in great pain and wanted to die.

I finally hit the wall and gave up, mostly out of self-preservation I guess, though it was years late really. She no longer resembled the person that I fell in love with I told myself, and I had every right to let go. Objectively I believe that, but even now after all of these years I feel guilty for giving up on her.
Old October 3, 2003, 05:35   #58
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Jesus, Sikander.

Old October 3, 2003, 05:56   #59
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Wow.
Old October 3, 2003, 07:39   #60
Az
Emperor

Whoa.... That's.... eery for me for some reason.