Old October 8, 2003, 09:03   #31
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 04:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010

Somehow I edited my save out So here it is
Attached Files:
File Type: sav maki - spaceship, 50 ad.sav (176.4 KB, 4 views)
Old October 9, 2003, 06:41   #32
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 09:47
Let's see if the pics work now...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	military.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	54753  
Old October 9, 2003, 10:20   #33
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

Local Time: 05:47
Just to make the voting possible, attachments seem to work if you upload them first, and then link to them from your post.
Old October 9, 2003, 13:19   #34
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I can't download anything from here anyway. So even if they choose a game, I won't be able to get it.
It has been three days, since the wheels came off.
Old October 9, 2003, 13:22   #35
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants

Not even uploaded files like this one?
Old October 10, 2003, 00:17   #36
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 02:47
It is almost midnight EST so I'm going to go ahead and officially declare the fourth turn block over. Now we will start the process of deciding which saves will begin the next turn block. For this turn block the opportunist team would choose for the spaceship team and in turn the spaceship team will choose for the domination team.

In the domination DAR 4 thread please post your preference for the next turn save for that team. It is also encouraged, though not mandatory, to discuss and critique the individual saves while posting your preference. The time period for discussing and posting your preference will last until 23:59 EST Saturday, and the next turn block will begin on Sunday.

I will keep a running count of the voting updated in the first post of this thread. The choice for the next savegame will be posted in this thread and a brand new DAR 5 thread for the third turn block on Sunday.
Old October 10, 2003, 01:59   #37
vmxa1
Deity

That worked Alexman, thanks. I don't know if any of the ones we are suppose to look at are uploaded or not.
Old October 10, 2003, 02:01   #38
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I seem to be able to download even the ones that weren't uploaded so if necessary I can upload them all and link them.
Old October 10, 2003, 13:49   #39
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Since a few people have problems downloading right now I have uploaded all the saves and provided links to them. Happy voting.

alexman's save
Maki's save
Mountain Sage's save
vmxa1's save
ZargonX's save
Old October 10, 2003, 20:06   #40
vmxa1
Deity

Ok I found that I can download anything and all the buttons work, if I used an Ultra Light style. If not then, I get the problem.
I don't like this style as it does not let me see who made the last post. Only that there is one and the time it was posted. So when I need to get a download, I can go to the main page and select Ultra Light Civ3 and it works.

Last edited by vmxa1; October 10, 2003 at 22:45.
Old October 10, 2003, 21:50   #41
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Ah I was wondering why I could download and you couldn't. I already use ultra-light style.
Old October 11, 2003, 03:08   #42
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Just to let you know that this week I will be out of computer reach. Therefore, no posting and no voting from me (well, maybe I'l manage to post my turns if I get the winning save today).
Alexman, don't you dare launch the spaceship without me being present...
Old October 11, 2003, 13:39   #43
vmxa1
Deity

Hurry back MS.
Old October 11, 2003, 23:21   #44
Nor Me
Apolyton University
Prince

So I get to decide who gets chosen next round?

alexman, as usual you've done almost everything right. Of course, I can't vote for you as you were chosen the last two rounds. I would probably have researched Theology instead of Feudalism to start with but that's as much a criticism of your last save and isn't at all necessarily better even with hindsight.

Makahlua, you seem to have a more total units and improvements than the others I'm considering. I've no idea why that is but it's obviously a good thing. Basra would be 40 turns off Leos and you'd want to be in a position to attack America sooner. Even now, I'd go with the FP and waste shields but as I've just said, you seem to have made up for those elsewhere. You're behind the others in tech/gold. You'd have been better off having less gold and being able to trade tech for Republic earlier since you have enough improvements to gain from the switch.

vmax1, you're the only person other than alexman to have realised that researching towards Education would allow the AI to research more techs to trade for. Consequently, you'd be ahead of everyone else in tech and gold shortly. However you'd have been much better off not using valuable attacking units as MP when you could have used the entertainment slider and done much better against Japan. The point of building the FP in Basra was to move the palace. Unless a leader was going to show up, this was to have been achieved by abandoning Mecca. Like everyone else, you've built there. This would be wasted as a lot would be gained by moving the palace before your GA.
You are behind the others in the timetable for an American attack amd I'd imagine that would cost this save in the long run.

ZargonX, this save is balanced. I wouldn't be researching Gunpowder when you have the military you'll need for the war that's planned and there are techs that will help the economy. You'll need more horsemen before you can think about attacking America but building marketplaces first will probably pay off. For some reason, you seem to have more entertainers than are strictly necessary.

MS, you're in the positon to attack America soonest. But I think that you'd have been better off with more building. Mecca is not building Leo's as the Americans would probably have Gunpowder before you attack if you waited for it for the upgrade. You don't need as many troops as you are now building.

This turn is very hard to decide. I considered the possibility of chosing each of the four saves at some point. I'm running out of time: it's too late for reasons.

Final vote: ZargonX
Old October 12, 2003, 00:11   #45
alexman

Nor Me, thanks for taking the time to comment and to vote. At least someone still cares!

Just for the record, I didn't actually research Feudalism, I got it from the Germans after bringing them to the Middle ages. I researched Engineering first, and then went for Theology.

By the way, since I knew that my save would not be chosen, I had some time and continued with the next block of turns to see what happens. After 30 turns (450 AD), I got within 3 turns from the Industrial Age, and it looks like a 4-turn pace until the launch. Take away 2-6 free techs from the scientific civs, and the two ToE free techs, and you can get a good estimate of the launch date. Yawn.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav alexman-spaceship-450ad.sav (221.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by alexman; October 12, 2003 at 00:24.
Old October 12, 2003, 00:48   #46
vmxa1
Deity

Yes thanks Nor Me.
I did not see any place to jump the palace to and in fact I never do it as I feel it is an expoilt. I would do it in this game, but no place was going to be evident for some time.
My best guess would have been some place in the US neighborhood, as they have enough land to make it useful.
I let units in the front lines as US had already made demands and I was concerned about that and barbs in those outter cities.
I can see that take changes or calculated risk, is the way to go in this type of game, but I just hate to do it.

Again thanks for taking the time. Roth when is the next round and is it to 450AD?
Old October 12, 2003, 01:39   #47
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

The voting for the fourth turn block is finished and ZargonX is the choice. Congratulations ZargonX. The fifth turn block will be posted in a new DAR thread. Everyone will have 10 days to complete the fifth turn block. That means the DARs will need to be posted by 23:59 EST Tuesday the 21st. This is being done for three reasons…one to get back onto the normal schedule, two to hopefully draw back the people who have stopped playing by giving them more time to play, and three I will be gone from the 16th through the 20th.
Old October 12, 2003, 02:34   #48
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Thank you, thank you. My stunning victory of 1 vote is quite a feat, I know
Old October 12, 2003, 02:38   #49
vmxa1
Deity

Yahoo, way to go ZargonX
Old October 12, 2003, 02:40   #50
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Nor Me

vmax1, you're the only person other than alexman to have realised that researching towards Education would allow the AI to research more techs to trade for.
Yup, it would not be a bad thing to have universities ASAP.
Old October 12, 2003, 09:44   #51
Nor Me
Apolyton University
Prince

vmxa1, it's more that the AI was going to research Invention and Chivalry anyway. I doubt that you'll be wanting to build any before it's researched.

alexman, I meant Engineering. I know you didn't research Feudalism. As always, I spent some time looking at the saves and had to rush saying anything about them.