View Poll Results: Should the Hive enter into a non-aggression pact with the Pirates?
Yes 4 57.14%
No 2 28.57%
Write-in 0 0%
Abstain 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 4, 2003, 02:55   #1
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 02:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
OFFICIAL: Pirate Pact
The question at hand remains simple: Should the Hive enter into a non-aggression pact with the Pirates?

To elaborate fully on the meaning of that, we desire to decrease the threat of a Pirate (or possibly Pirate/Uni/CyCon joint) attack on our homeland, and hence by entering into a pact with the Pirates we eliminate the element of surprise, since they would have to break the pact before any possible invasion. Thus giving us time to prepare countermeasures and counterattacks.

Comrade Kody also supports the pact proposal; in fact he initially presented it before the CCC. His reasons for the pact have been different, he believes that the Pirates may indeed be seeing to form a sort of Triple Entente against us since we have grown so powerful, and the pact can serve as the means to lessening the possibility of this. He will elaborate further on his stance.

The obvious downside to this arrangement would be the fact that the Pirates receive infiltration on us. This may not be so problematic in terms of building SPs since we usually only begin them the turn before completion, but it makes things such as militarization more difficult. Also the Pirates may well be able to obtain our strategies from infiltration.
Old October 4, 2003, 03:27   #2
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 19:52
Our greatest weakness will be our technology. The worst thing that can happen is if the cycon, pirates, and university start trading techs between each other the way the hive and drones currently do.

We quite literally will be left in the dust for exactly the same reason we ourselves become so powerful. A strong tech trading relationship with the drones is what managed to get us so far ahead at the start with an incrediable turn advantage from early IA.

Our pact will be to assure the pirates have nothing to fear in the short run from us. Hopefully this will mean they won't stop manevouring when dealing with other factions. As long as a strong pact doesn't solidify during the early game between the other 3 factions, the hive and drones should be able to mantain our current lead in the game.

On another issue, isn't anyone curious what the pirates have been up to?

If the pirates know our building strategies in the early game it won't help them that much. Strategy changes due to new techonology and circumstances.
Old October 4, 2003, 03:28   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 09:52
NYET!!!

I demand their destruction!
Old October 5, 2003, 05:01   #4
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

*bump* less than 12 hours before we have to release the turn.
Old October 5, 2003, 09:44   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Again, worried about giving the Pirates too much information. If we make a "pact of three" I'd rather it was with the Uni or Cycon, as we could use the tech boost. A "pact of three" with us, pirates and drones pushes the Uni and Cycon together to make an evil TECH MONSTER. Uni and Cycon trading together could easily out-tech us and leave us lying in the planet-bustered dirt

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old October 5, 2003, 16:55   #6
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 10:52
Abstain.

Sorry for that. It was 2-2, so I should have rather voted pro or con.

Anyway, I don´t like the fact that they´ll get infiltration. Why do we go for defensive probes? To prevent the pirates from infiltration. So why should we give it to them for free?

I´d have voted NO!

So if it remains like that, count me as a contra voter.

- Micha
Old October 5, 2003, 23:59   #7
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:52
Well, it's 4-2-1 now.

I think that, considering the awesome aquatic abilities of the Pirates, that they are allies worth having. It's also one less major threat to worry about.
Old October 6, 2003, 06:14   #8
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I really don't trust them. One MORE threat to worry about if we give them access to our datalinks

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old October 6, 2003, 06:38   #9
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 10:52
Thank you Jam. This is exactly what I feel like.
Old October 6, 2003, 07:01   #10
Kody
Emperor

We will be needing someone to do the analysis of the pirates.

I can't take on any more responsibilites.