Old October 4, 2003, 08:11   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 19:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Googlie - A bug I stumbled upon.
There was a really wierd bug that brought up one of the data-angel's bases.

I was looking at Kommuniza City then I pressed F8 to have a look at the score. When I pressed escape to look at the city again the game brought up a different base altogether. Took me a few seconds to realise it was showing me the data angel's base.

Is this some problem with the save file or a bug with my version of SMAX.
Old October 4, 2003, 09:55   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 02:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
No-it's a dociumented bug. Safe House City (Angels) appears for every faction with every base when you use the F8 then escape (instead of the "close" tab to get out of the F8 screen). It only happens with the F8, and not with any other F key

Safe House City is the newest base that the Angels built, and they are last in turn order before the year switched, so using "escape" jumps the screen back, not to your base you were on, but to the screenshot of the last year last "turn-playing" AI base founded.

Note, though, that if you try to do anything with this Angels base the effect is on your own base (eg change governor settings, or move a worker). Thus if you clicked on the "conquer" tab for the governor, this would have the effect of putting your own base under governorship with a Conquer research/build path

Most players as a result use the "close" tab (which returns you to your own base screen as it should)

G.