View Poll Results: Which party do you support (listed in alphabetical order)
Centre Party 5 22.73%
Harmony Party and Paper 5 22.73%
One Israel Party 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 4, 2003, 16:58   #1
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Knesset Elections: Vote here
You can only vote for one party, and the election math is described on the basic rules thread found here

For convenience sake, I have created the poll to be indefinite. I intend to close it after 4 days, on October 8th. I am willing to extend the poll if people think this is too short of a time, but I want to start now.

Come one, come all, and let democracy take its course.

Oh, and can someone "sticky" this please.

Last edited by PinkyGen; October 5, 2003 at 18:07.
Old October 4, 2003, 17:02   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 04:54
It's the Harmony Party, We also will be publishing a newspaper called the Harmony Paper.
Old October 4, 2003, 17:03   #3
PinkyGen
Prince

Apologies. I was going with the tread titles. If you have the power to edit polls, I invite you to do so.
Old October 4, 2003, 17:05   #4
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

not a big deal, I think everyone knows who we are
Old October 4, 2003, 17:55   #5
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 06:54
*initiating hostile aggressive campaign sequence*

VOTE ONE ISRAEL

WHEN YOU VOTE HARMONY YOU VOTE FOR OUR DESTRUCTION

ONE ISRAEL SHALL SET YOU FREE

ONE ISRAEL: Because the only good Arab is the dead Arab

Old October 4, 2003, 21:25   #6
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 01:54
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
One Israel, the party for the safety and peace shall win.
Old October 4, 2003, 22:09   #7
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

HARMONY PARTY

True peace can only come from collaboration and cooperation with our Arab neighbours. Through negotiations, we will eventually reach peace. Let us have the courage to bear our current trials with spirit and strength. Let us not succomb to the quick pleasures of reprisal and retribution, perpetuating the cycle of violance.
Old October 4, 2003, 23:34   #8
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
The Harmony Party is not the Party for Peace and Harmony. Its policies support needless violence, death and war.
How shall our nation defend itself if we do not remove the threat to peace. Without making it impossible for armies to be sent against our nation, the armies will be sent and our soldiers will be massacred as they try to defend our infant nation. If we are to massacre innocent, young children, let it be so that the suurvivors, and their siblings can grow up and have their children grow up in peace. The One Israel Party is the party for peace and is committed to the safety of Israel by removing threats to our nation.
Old October 5, 2003, 00:12   #9
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
HARMONY PARTY

Through negotiations, we will eventually reach peace.
What negotiations? This is a no negotiation scenario.

Again, can the Harmony Party please give us a realistic plan.
Old October 5, 2003, 00:18   #10
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Pre-emptive strikes?

There will always be Arabs who pose a 'threat' to Israel.
If the Arabs are so hot and bothered, let them attack so that Israel can cultivate support from the world powers.

With pre-emptive strikes, we will be rightfully portrayed as aggressive occupiers of Arab lands.
Old October 5, 2003, 01:12   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 05:54
-----

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 22:43.
Old October 5, 2003, 01:18   #12
H Tower

We haven't changed our platform.

We do not advocate attacking the Arabs, we see nothing wrong in defending ourselves if they foolishly decide to attack us.

Do not vote for the One Israel party, their members are hot heads who wish to rule Israel based upon emotional responses which would lead us to ruin. Just look at the member who posted before me, he lost his cool and started shouting at a member of the Harmony Party who was simply attempting to engage in civilized debate.
Old October 5, 2003, 01:22   #13
PinkyGen
Prince

Pure defense will not work, for reasons I have stated many times in your thread and in One Israel friends.

1. Villages are isolated, and cannot be reinforced if we do not capture surrounding Arab towns.
2. Arab bases can be used to attack ours. West Jerusalem will always be under threat until East Jerusalem is captured and Arab staging areas are pushed back.
3. If we do not capture more cities, we will not have the industrial capacity to produce units in sufficient quantities to defend ourselves.
Old October 5, 2003, 01:56   #14
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
Pure defense will not work,
Has it been tried?
Old October 5, 2003, 02:07   #15
PinkyGen
Prince

Can you argue the argument, instead of quoting the first 5 words?
Old October 5, 2003, 06:03   #16
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 10:54
Violence and hatred are the factors of history.
Peace and harmony are the sounds of the future.
Vote for Harmony Party. Today.
Old October 5, 2003, 06:11   #17
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

I would suggest bribery.

If we bribe Haifa in the first turn, we get 1500 gold.

We should sell off unnecessary improvements, crank up taxes, and try to deliver freights to the British in Cyprus.

All of these can be accomplished without firing a shot.

You can bribe Ramallah, it falls into disorder for 500 gold. This secures Jerusalem.
Old October 5, 2003, 11:16   #18
POTUS
Prince

Quote:
I would suggest bribery.

If we bribe Haifa in the first turn, we get 1500 gold.

We should sell off unnecessary improvements, crank up taxes, and try to deliver freights to the British in Cyprus.

All of these can be accomplished without firing a shot.

You can bribe Ramallah, it falls into disorder for 500 gold. This secures Jerusalem.
Many problems with those statements.

1. We start off with Haifa.

2. How do you raise taxes high enough while still allowing for researching?

3. Trade with Cyprus only lasts until we get our independence (Britian is destroyed). So, if we sent freight to Cyprus, the trade would end the moment when we need it most.

4. How does Ramallah secure Jerusalem? To secure Yerusalyim, we need to take East Jerusalem, and establish guards to keep Arab forces from reaching us.
Old October 5, 2003, 11:22   #19
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

What about the UN partition plan? Attacking East Jerusalem is a violation of the international zone set up in Jerusalem for the next ten years, after which the UN has decided that a plebicite will be held to determine which state it will join. currnetly, Jews make up more than 50% of the population and surely the Drues and Christians would not vote to join an oppressive Arab state.
Old October 5, 2003, 11:23   #20
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Fixed my problem. For some reason I had an invalid session.

Last edited by EmuGod; October 5, 2003 at 11:48.
Old October 5, 2003, 11:46   #21
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 11:54
Done with Voting!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old October 5, 2003, 12:08   #22
PinkyGen
Prince

If you look at the scenario, there are clearly Arab armies using East Jerusalem to attack the West. It does us no good to honor the partition plan as the Arabs break it.
Old October 5, 2003, 12:46   #23
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by POTUS
2. How do you raise taxes high enough while still allowing for researching?
Science is entirely too quick in this scenario we don't need tanks before achieving independence

Quote:
3. Trade with Cyprus only lasts until we get our independence (Britian is destroyed). So, if we sent freight to Cyprus, the trade would end the moment when we need it most.
He's talking about the beaker bonus. the extra trade everyturn would inconsequential anyways. Different continent communism is not so good though. There are only a few of our cities which would make profitable deliveries, Haifa and Tel Aviv, IMO.

Quote:
4. How does Ramallah secure Jerusalem? To secure Yerusalyim, we need to take East Jerusalem, and establish guards to keep Arab forces from reaching us.
West Jerusalem is not as hard to defend as you make out, the Arab armies may throw themselves at us but they will break upon the city walls like so much waves against the beach.
Old October 5, 2003, 14:29   #24
PinkyGen
Prince

Htower, they have artillery, and there is a lot of them. Also, what about my points, about industry, and our isolated settlements.

Also, can someone please make this a "sticky" thread.
Old October 5, 2003, 14:34   #25
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

vote ONE ISRAEL if you want a strong and solid nation , vote ONE ISRAEL if you want an everlasting peace in the region , vote ONE ISRAEL if you want Jews from all over the world to be united in one homeland

have a nice day
Old October 5, 2003, 14:41   #26
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Oops. I had the wrong city.

I mixed up Jaffa with Haifa.

Quote:
There are only a few of our cities which would make profitable deliveries, Haifa and Tel Aviv, IMO.
And these were the only ones I considered. Still something to consider.

If we go the route of bribery, we do not need science or research.

Another consideration would be to try triggering celebrations in Israeli cities, to have our cities collecting the extra trade arrow.

Quote:
Also, what about my points, about industry, and our isolated settlements.
I say abandon the isolated settlements. Let the Pals pound them into dust because they are not worth the effort to protect, given that they play an inconsequental role in our production.

One of the advantages of bribery, is that the Pal infrastructure remains intact, allowing us to capture cities with some productivity, Ramallah had 9 shields when I took the city.

Now, as for West Jerusalem, East Jerusalem alone is not enough to capture West Jerusalem. Ramallah protects the northern portion of West Jerusalem.
Old October 5, 2003, 15:12   #27
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:

Another consideration would be to try triggering celebrations in Israeli cities, to have our cities collecting the extra trade arrow.
Triggering celebrations may be worthwhile, and something the econ minister may pursue. Bribery is usually not cost effective, there are so many Palestinian and other Arab cities that threaten ours. We need their industry as well, and we just need more defensible borders.

Quote:
I say abandon the isolated settlements. Let the Pals pound them into dust because they are not worth the effort to protect, given that they play an inconsequental role in our production.
Abandon our fellow Zionists, who we helped smuggle in under the British eyes. Our fellow Jews who we promised a new life, and who inhabit land the U.N. resolution did give to Israel? We should abandon them, so our territory actually becomes smaller? Is our word worth nothing?
Not to mention some of these settlements our on good defendible territory, such as hills and mountains. We just need to be able to reinforce them, and then these settlements will help give us a secure border.

Quote:
One of the advantages of bribery, is that the Pal infrastructure remains intact, allowing us to capture cities with some productivity, Ramallah had 9 shields when I took the city.
Of course, there is the money needed to bribe in the first place. Nevertheless, I do not dismiss bribing as a possible tactic if we want to capture a productive city. But it cannot substitute for military action. There is also the fact we would have to produce a great many of these mossad spies.

Quote:
Now, as for West Jerusalem, East Jerusalem alone is not enough to capture West Jerusalem. Ramallah protects the northern portion of West Jerusalem.
But East Jerusalem will always be a thorn in West Jerusalem's side, ensuring that we need to maintain a strong presence there, armies that could be better be employed elsewhere. If we take East Jerusalem, and then Ramallah, then the front line moves forward, we need not heavily garrison east and west Jerusalem, and we increase our tax and industry base. East Jerusalem has industry as well.

Not to mention East Jerusalem is where the Old City is, and if we do not capture it, the Arabs will not allow us Jews access to our most holy of sites.

Furthermore, there is no differnece in the eyes of the so-called international community, (which makes no differnece in game turns) between attacking east Jerusalem versus attacking Ramallah. In fact, attacking Ramallah is diplomatically worse. East Jerusalem was meant to be shared, and we can "argue" the Arabs are violating this. But Ramallah is territory given to the Palestinian state, and thus is actually more of a violation than attacking East Jerusalem, for those of you who care about these sort of things.
Old October 5, 2003, 16:00   #28
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

I voted for One Israel
Old October 5, 2003, 16:02   #29
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Arthedain
I voted for One Israel
Good man. Come, let us all join together for a better tommorrow.

A car in every driveway, a turkey in every pot, and Arab land for all (disclaimer, this is not the actual party position)
Old October 5, 2003, 16:06   #30
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Oops. I had the wrong city.

I mixed up Jaffa with Haifa.

hi ,

as for Yerushalem , we should wait till the special brigade arrives , ......

have a nice day