Old October 5, 2003, 15:56   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 04:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Political Forum
Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Ideas are two of the most cherished beliefs in other countries, we will also cherish those ideas here.

RULES
-No death threats, explicit or implied are allowed.
-The rules are subject to change at anytime, if you don't like the rules, you have the right not to post.
-Insults are to be good natured only, simply jokes
-Posters wanting to debate but not have jokes of have that right. If you say, "Don't make any jokes about me" Other posters will refrain from doing so.
-Violaters of the rules will be punished.
-By posting you agree to the aformentioned rules

Last edited by H Tower; October 6, 2003 at 14:13.
Old October 5, 2003, 15:58   #2
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 09:57
Isnt' there already a bunch of debate in the election thread? Wouldn't it be best to argue there, instead of 2,3, or 4 threads?

As for the arguing in One Israel, it had degenerated to a great extent to mere accusations, while questions of policy were actually being discussed on the election thread. It seems as Harmony, with their discussion of party platforms (oh no, we need a position ) might like some peace in their headquarters as well.
Old October 5, 2003, 15:59   #3
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

the election will end eventually, political debate will go on.
Old October 5, 2003, 16:43   #4
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 11:57
no name calling like hitler should also be included , ......

no spam true PM's , no name calling true PM's , ....

violaters should be punished , .....

but when one looks at this , one can see that this thread is not about political debate , its cause HT cant stand a joke about a smilie that has a gun , .....

a political forum is always welcome , but not when it suits only one member , ..... imagine each and every member opens a forumthread everytime he or she does not like it , ......

this is all blocking the main goal , " playing " the game , .....
Old October 5, 2003, 16:58   #5
H Tower

I'd like to point out I started none of this today. Can't anyone keep panag under control?
Old October 5, 2003, 17:14   #6
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:57
I declare that this thread is for policital debate for anyone that wants it, because there is no thread where political debate is not, in some ways, spam. In this thread it is not spam, I think.
Old October 6, 2003, 13:54   #7
H Tower

Look, if the One Israel party wishes to contact the Harmony Party, do it here or by Private Message. Stop violating the individual Party threads or Harmony Party will ignore your Party wishes as well.
Old October 6, 2003, 14:05   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 05:57
censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:22.
Old October 6, 2003, 14:08   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:26.
Old October 6, 2003, 14:15   #10
H Tower

The Rules have been updated, changes are bolded

RULES
-No death threats, explicit or implied are allowed.
-The rules are subject to change at anytime, if you don't like the rules, you have the right not to post.
-Insults are to be good natured only, simply jokes
-Posters wanting to debate but not have jokes of have that right. If you say, "Don't make any jokes about me" Other posters will refrain from doing so.

-Violaters of the rules will be punished.
-By posting you agree to the aformentioned rules

It has also been proposed that the Hitler accusations be forbidden as well, thoughts?
Old October 6, 2003, 14:20   #11
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Jesus Christ! Allah! and Yahweh! (sp?)
You're a Christian? And Msulim? What would your fellow party members have to say about that? Maybe you should join the Harmony Party which tolerates all religions.

Quote:
"After the One Israel party decided to close their ears to the truth, the Harmony Party feels it is neccesary to open another avenue for dialogue and debate. This thread will provide such an avenue."
But it's the truth isn't it? Your party couldn't come up with rebuttals to our points so you simply said "we no longer wish to hear such things" and showed us the door

DISCLAIMER: This post was made completely in jest and was not meant to inflame, insult or demean any poster in any way shape or form
Old October 6, 2003, 14:26   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:30.
Old October 6, 2003, 14:31   #13
H Tower

Political moron in that I don't wish to kill lots, and lots of people? Yeah, I'm funny like that.
Old October 6, 2003, 14:34   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:29.
Old October 6, 2003, 14:51   #15
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Let's get H Tower some support here.
Everybody who is against the Harmony Party may point their fingers at me, Shaul Levy, proud member of said party!
Point said.
Vote for the Harmony Party
Join the Harmony Party
Long live Rock 'n' Roll
Old October 6, 2003, 14:55   #16
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

VOTE FOR CENTRE PARTY!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old October 6, 2003, 14:57   #17
Stefan Härtel
King

Centre party is too much... er... in the centre. Those are the guys who are too lazy to decide whether they're left or (shiver) right
Vote for Harmony Party.
Old October 6, 2003, 15:04   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:28.
Old October 6, 2003, 17:33   #19
H Tower

Can we agree to keep each individual Party's internal political discussions in only thread per party? That way we won't have 10-15 political threads open at once.

Another possible idea for keeping the number of threads down would be to create a thread called the news stand, where all News papers would be published : idea :
Old October 6, 2003, 18:14   #20
SABRA
Civilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
Can we agree to keep each individual Party's internal political discussions in only thread per party? That way we won't have 10-15 political threads open at once.

Another possible idea for keeping the number of threads down would be to create a thread called the news stand, where all News papers would be published : idea :
Dont we allready have such a thread?
"Yediot Aharonot - Israelian Newspaper"
Old October 6, 2003, 18:38   #21
H Tower

Yes, but that's newspaper specific, what will happen if One Israel decides to publish a newspaper themselves? Will wen end up with a thread for each individual paper?
Old October 6, 2003, 19:58   #22
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 09:57
I assume each paper would have their own thread.

And since I have the floor, I will comment on the proposed Centre party platform. Even though Panag's DL said it, I must agree. I found the platform almost identitical to One Israel's platform, minus the schools. Are platform can be found on the first page of the One Israel thread.
Old October 6, 2003, 21:08   #23
H Tower

I don't believe that Azazeal's post was very representative of the Centre Party though.
Old October 7, 2003, 11:48   #24
Stefan Härtel
King

Quote:
OK Stefan we will Htower a break. You are a political moron too!
Glad to hear that I now consider myself generally accepted as part of the Harmony Party
Disclaimer to fellow party members: I'd rather be called a political moron by a political moron because that makes me a political sage
Old October 7, 2003, 12:20   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:27.
Old October 7, 2003, 19:21   #26
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Let's keep this clean folks....

Last edited by EmuGod; October 7, 2003 at 20:21.
Old October 8, 2003, 00:24   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored
Old October 8, 2003, 12:12   #28
Stefan Härtel
King

Why are you censoring all your posts?
Old October 8, 2003, 12:20   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
Why are you censoring all your posts?
hi,

because i can

have a nice day